The Student Room Group

Aqa unit 2 economics friday 17 may 2013

Hi there,
Around two weeks till the exam.
I was wondering if anyone has any predictions on what could come up?

Any tips for the 25 marker would be welcomed
and does anyone know where to find definition key list for unit 2?

Many thanks

Scroll to see replies

Only today and tomorrow now until the exam =] How is everyone feeling?
Reply 3
So worried about this paper!

I think Balance of Payments on current account and Economic growth are likely to come up!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
I hope unemployment comes up
Reply 5
I would really love it if the essay was on expansionary fiscal policy. :biggrin:
yeah Balance of Payments or unemployment would be decent
Yeah if the BOP, exchange rate and growth come up, that would be freakin awesome
Reply 8
Anything on getting out a recession would do me as that is so easy lol
Reply 9
I actually dont like BoP questions D;
I struggle to find much to write about it
I'm really behind on my revision for this exam... Can't decide whether I should go through past papers or the content??
Reply 11
Original post by EyesWideShut
I'm really behind on my revision for this exam... Can't decide whether I should go through past papers or the content??

i'd suggest past papers at this stage

the exam is an afternoon one right? if you still need to cram I'd do that tomorrow morning.

Not sure though, that would work for me!
guys where can I learn the 5 mark definitions for ECON2?
anyone have any definition lists

Thanks
Reply 13
Guys what's the difference between a expansionary and contactionary policy?
Original post by Sharmaa1

It depends what policy you are talking about:

Expansionary fiscal policy means more government spending and reduced taxation.
Contractionary fiscal policy is more taxation and reduced government spending.

Expansionary monetary policy eg lowering interest rates to encourage AD.
Contractionary monetary policy eg increasing interest rates to encourage saving rather than spending, reducing AD.

Hope this helps :smile:
Original post by Sharmaa1

Expansionary policy is used to shift AD to the right this will help GDP rise
Examples include: lower taxes, higher government spending, lowering interest rates

Contractionary policy is used to shift AD to the left GDP will fall
Examples include: Higher taxes, lower government spending and higher interest rates
Reply 16
Anyone else in year 13 retaking this in hope of boosting UMS? Do you reckon we could use J curve for Unit 2? It is good for
evaluation of devaluation of currency!
Original post by ladder1234
Anyone else in year 13 retaking this in hope of boosting UMS? Do you reckon we could use J curve for Unit 2? It is good for
evaluation of devaluation of currency!

I'm retaking I got 72 UMS (B) in this unit last year. Units 3 and 4 are synoptic units and allow you to use material from AS but I don't think the same applies for the AS modules. What did you get last year? How are you finding units 3 and 4?:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
Original post by curtisblackham
I'm retaking I got 72 UMS (B) in this unit last year. Units 3 and 4 are synoptic units and allow you to use material from AS but I don't think the same applies for the AS modules. What did you get last year? How are you finding units 3 and 4?:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got 62 UMS (awful I know haha) I got an A in Unit 3 in Jan and previously in Unit 1 last summer I got 78 UMS, so if I can get an A tomorrow I can get an A by doing well in unit 4 too :smile:. Damn I guess you're probably right as AS students would not know about the J curve.
Reply 19
Original post by ladder1234
I got 62 UMS (awful I know haha) I got an A in Unit 3 in Jan and previously in Unit 1 last summer I got 78 UMS, so if I can get an A tomorrow I can get an A by doing well in unit 4 too :smile:. Damn I guess you're probably right as AS students would not know about the J curve.

could someone please help to answer this MCQ. Thanks

Which one of the following is most likely to shift the short run aggregate supply curve to the
right?
A A fall in money wages
B A reduction in government spending
C A fall in the exchange rate
D A decrease in the productivity of labour

It says that the correct answer is A why? i put B

Quick Reply

Latest