The Student Room Group

Post your unpopular opinions...

Scroll to see replies

Reply 220
Original post by FireGarden
This; I really hate this. No, you are sexist. You have a prejudice towards a gender. It does not matter if you are that gender or not; your prejudice is all that matters, by definition. So you're sexist.

I don't see myself as sexist, I just think the majority are useless. You don't see me going around and telling girls to make sandwiches or denying them job positions.
I didn't like perks of being a wallflower
I just don't 'get' poetry
I have nothing against gay people but I don't think gay marriage should be allowed
I don't enjoy house parties
I don't completely agree with abortion
I think we should have a tax on junk food and have a system similar to Japan where your waist isn't allowed to be bigger than a certain size
I think drinking, driving and voting ages should be raised to 21. 18 year olds are too immature.
Psychology isn't a science.
Hotel management isn't a real degree
Latin should be made a compulsory part of the curriculum
Greater emphasis needs on sciences/maths/history in schools
Teachers shouldn't be paid based on performance
Coffee is overrated as is Starbucks frappa-whatever
Public transport should be subsidised
Fee paying schools should be banned
I don't agree with euthanasia

Phew!
I believe Eminem can take you from one extreme emotion to the next. :smile:
Original post by minthumbugs
I have nothing against gay people but I don't think gay marriage should be allowed
I think we should have a tax on junk food and have a system similar to Japan where your waist isn't allowed to be bigger than a certain size
I think drinking, driving and voting ages should be raised to 21. 18 year olds are too immature.

Phew!

Interesting opinions, could you just briefly explain why you don't believe in Gay marriage?
Hitler is possibly the best orator of the 20th century.

Not his content... that was all smoke, mirrors, lies and racism (the first 3 are just like modern politics) but he has immense power in his delivery.

And watch the dislikes come in assuming I'm facist........
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by bubzi1412
I don't see myself as sexist, I just think the majority are useless. You don't see me going around and telling girls to make sandwiches or denying them job positions.

To be fair, you don't have to be actively discriminating against women in economic terms or ordering them to serve you to be sexist, you can still hold sexist attitudes.

It makes me sad you feel that way though :frown: What do you mean by 'useless'?
Big Bang Theory is really nothing special and

The Godfather is boring to me

I don't get the Harry Potter obsession either, seems like everyone is just following the band-wagon

Speaking of HP Emma Watson is average as **** no sex-appeal

There's nothing wrong with abortion

English Literature is given far too much credit than it deserves

There's something about Stephen Fry and Beyonce that grind my gears

Come at me brah!
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 227
Original post by minthumbugs

Phew!

Much as I like Latin, what makes you think it's so much more vital than those other two? Not that I'm pushing for hotel management to be in the national curriculum :P but Latin is hardly relevant in the modern job market, however impressive it might look on a CV
Reply 228
Original post by Morgasm19
To be fair, you don't have to be actively discriminating against women in economic terms or ordering them to serve you to be sexist, you can still hold sexist attitudes.

It makes me sad you feel that way though :frown: What do you mean by 'useless'?

I just feel like most girls my age (I'm 17) aren't really special...they're all just copies of copies. Seems useless to me.
John Lennon wasn't philosophical, he was just a rambling fool.
I can't watch a football match for more than 5 minutes without getting bored.

I don't like 95% of modern artists or modern music.

I don't like that charity provides an easy way to let people magically become moral, good and just with minimal effort.

I think the fact that Britain still has a Monarchy is stupid.

I think that most forms of social media seem to just turn into either a lying hub or a narcissism clinic.
Original post by Llewellyn
I can't watch a football match for more than 5 minutes without getting bored.

I don't like 95% of modern artists or modern music.

I don't like that charity provides an easy way to let people magically become moral, good and just with minimal effort.

I think the fact that Britain still has a Monarchy is stupid.

I think that most forms of social media seem to just turn into either a lying hub or a narcissism clinic.

That last one is so true.
Original post by HeavyTeddy
Society is too dependent on drugs (particularly alcohol and nicotine).
Introduce the death penalty for extreme cases and increase the severity of punishments/deterrents.
Lad culture is atrocious.
Anyone who supports the UKIP is an absolute lunatic.
I detest what Feminism, Liberalism and Freedom has grown into. Nowadays freedom is only really freedom if you abide by another set of cheap and degrading societal norms (especially in a womans case; wearing more clothes and "covering up" means that she is definitely being oppressed)
Stereotypes of women are still what they were in a patriachal society. Nothings really changed.
University prestige should not be of importance nor should it be an indication of someones ability or restrict them from applying to certain jobs.
More funding should be placed into some sciences (medical sciences and research) rather than other sciences thats advancement is not really essential (physics/computer science).
I agree with positive discrimination if it benefits those that are less fortunate (like myself :wink: )

What if we all said that a few decades ago? No MRI, PET scans etc, no X-ray even, no neuroscience, i could go on.
Reply 233
Original post by Iamyourfather
Big Bang Theory is really nothing special and

The Godfather is boring to me

I don't get the Harry Potter obsession either, seems like everyone is just following the band-wagon

Speaking of HP Emma Watson is average as **** no sex-appeal

English Literature is given far too much credit that it deserves

There's something about Stephen Fry that grinds my gears

Come at me brah!

Ugh, yes!
I find the humour in BBT just too obvious, although I do watch is occasionally. I know Sheldon is meant to be kind of funny-annoying, but I he's often just annoying.

I haven't read that much literature, but I feel it probably often rides on reputation.

And I feel I should like Stephen Fry, but I can't quite put my finger on what it is that's slightly grating. Sorry Strphen, I'm sure you're a top guy.
Reply 234
Feminism is a ridiculous, disgusting "movement" that seeks to disenfranchise men and overtake us in every means possible.

You should only recieve as much back from the state as you put in.

Any religious zealot preaching a different kind of law than UK law should be deported.

We should only allow degree qualified immigrants.

We should deport all the useless white council trash that decide to drop out at 16 and do nothing.

Polytechnic colleges should be brought back with full force, industry and PROPERLY trained manual labour should be a focus.

If you do an Arts degree, you should be shot if you complain about not getting a job afterwards.

Binge drinking/drug overdoses should have their own medical fees or fines - You can't pay them? Forced hard labour to repay costs.

The Falklands should be turned into a massive Rehabilitiation, Hard Labour Camp, Prison and Education center for all the scum that can't be executed.

Europe is good for Britain (If you actually think we don't need Europe/Europe is bad, you're just a ****ing idiot, you should be shot)

Politics and Economics should be compulsary from Primary education so people grow up with realistic expectations and a working knowledge of the economy.

Fat people should be fined per pound of bodyweight they are over 12% Bodyfat for Men and 18% for Women. If they fail to maintain a healthy weight, send them to the facility on the Falklands to be forced onto a calorie restricted diet and sentenced to forced labour.

False rape claims should be punishable by death.

If a women is too drunk to make her own decisions, she should not be covered in a court of law for rape. Take some responsibility.

Guns should be legal for home defence.

All drugs should be class A. - Dealers are executed.

Rap that promotes violence, rape or misogyny should be banned.

Tottenham should be banned.

Income tax should be 40% for everyone above £15,000 a year.

We should not intervene in Syria.

Plato's criticisms of a democracy are accurate and leaders should have to be Philosophers.

Laurie Penny should be deported to Iran.

David Starkey should be Prime Minister.

Homosexuals should not be allowed to raise children.

YOU CAN ONLY VOTE ON REFERENDUMS WHERE YOU ARE QUALIFIED TO PASS ACCURATE JUDGEMENTS.

YOU CANNOT VOTE IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A LEVELS.

Let the rage commence.
(edited 10 years ago)
Darts is the most enjoyable, nail biting, sport to watch. :tongue:
Original post by Forget that
:rofl: what else do you want to do bring back the tsar?
Please, explain the benefits of this, i am intrigued

I don't think there are any benefits particularly, but people who own land and property are basically the people who own the country and I don't think it right that people who contribute nothing and own nothing have the right to vote. It also would probably take a lot of women and undesirables out of the voting system. I also think it should be tied to paying tax, how is it fair that a chap who pays no tax has the right to vote for a party who may want to increase tax, when it won't affect him?
Original post by Ursin
Ugh, yes!
I find the humour in BBT just too obvious, although I do watch is occasionally. I know Sheldon is meant to be kind of funny-annoying, but I he's often just annoying.

I haven't read that much literature, but I feel it probably often rides on reputation.

And I feel I should like Stephen Fry, but I can't quite put my finger on what it is that's slightly grating. Sorry Strphen, I'm sure you're a top guy.

I had to add Beyonce to the list. I sometimes I love her but I sometimes I can't stand her. I'm sure Stephen is a nice guy but his TV personality just gets to me - I think it's because people look up to him as though he's some intellectual messiah.
Reply 238
Original post by scottstacey
I don't think there are any benefits particularly, but people who own land and property are basically the people who own the country and I don't think it right that people who contribute nothing and own nothing have the right to vote. It also would probably take a lot of women and undesirables out of the voting system. I also think it should be tied to paying tax, how is it fair that a chap who pays no tax has the right to vote for a party who may want to increase tax, when it won't affect him?

Jesus, you sound like a fascist. That's straight out of Mein Kampf. Moreover, the people who you say 'run the country' are in a minority, despite the fact that they own everything. It's hardly democratic if everything is decided by a tiny proportion of the population; power to the people and all that
Original post by Joe909
Feminism is a ridiculous, disgusting "movement" that seeks to disenfranchise men and overtake us in every means possible.

You should only recieve as much back from the state as you put in.

Any religious zealot preaching a different kind of law than UK law should be deported.

We should only allow degree qualified immigrants.

We should deport all the useless white council trash that decide to drop out at 16 and do nothing.

Polytechnic colleges should be brought back with full force, industry and PROPERLY trained manual labour should be a focus.

If you do an Arts degree, you should be shot if you complain about not getting a job afterwards.

Binge drinking/drug overdoses should have their own medical fees or fines - You can't pay them? Forced hard labour to repay costs.

The Falklands should be turned into a massive Rehabilitiation, Hard Labour Camp, Prison and Education center for all the scum that can't be executed.

Europe is good for Britain (If you actually think we don't need Europe/Europe is bad, you're just a ****ing idiot, you should be shot)

Politics and Economics should be compulsary from Primary education so people grow up with realistic expectations and a working knowledge of the economy.

Fat people should be fined per pound of bodyweight they are over 12% Bodyfat for Men and 18% for Women. If they fail to maintain a healthy weight, send them to the facility on the Falklands to be forced onto a calorie restricted diet and sentenced to forced labour.

False rape claims should be punishable by death.

If a women is too drunk to make her own decisions, she should not be covered in a court of law for rape. Take some responsibility.

Guns should be legal for home defence.

All drugs should be class A. - Dealers are executed.

Rap that promotes violence, rape or misogyny should be banned.

Tottenham should be banned.

Income tax should be 40% for everyone above £15,000 a year.

We should not intervene in Syria.

Plato's criticisms of a democracy are accurate and leaders should have to be Philosophers.

Laurie Penny should be deported to Iran.

David Starkey should be Prime Minister.

Homosexuals should not be allowed to raise children.

YOU CAN ONLY VOTE ON REFERENDUMS WHERE YOU ARE QUALIFIED TO PASS ACCURATE JUDGEMENTS.

YOU CANNOT VOTE IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A LEVELS.

Let the rage commence.

I want to see you burn in hell.

Quick Reply

Latest