The Student Room Group

STRIPPING: Mention as Past Career?

Just something I was wondering really
If you had stripped/table dancing etc. Would you say.. Put it down on a CV for experience with people maybe?
Or would you rather not say anything to a future employer?
If you have considered doing it does the idea of mentioning it as your last job if you move put you off doing it?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
As long as you frame it properly, I don't see why not. I don't really think the word stripper looks very appealing to a potential employer. You could just put "Dancer" and noone would be any the wiser.
Reply 2
Original post by Mortson
As long as you frame it properly, I don't see why not. I don't really think the word stripper looks very appealing to a potential employer. You could just put "Dancer" and noone would be any the wiser.

So just a case of wording it properly :smile:
Thanks for the comment!
Was starting to wonder whether the name of this thread was too scary for people to click on :tongue:
Reply 3
If you put it in and somehow manage to phrase it in the way it adds to you as a person and makes you more employable then why not!
Reply 4
Original post by BlahBlaBlahBla
Just something I was wondering really
If you had stripped/table dancing etc. Would you say.. Put it down on a CV for experience with people maybe?
Or would you rather not say anything to a future employer?
If you have considered doing it does the idea of mentioning it as your last job if you move put you off doing it?

I would put it down under a guise eg 'dancer' or 'worked in a nightclub' because then you can still talk about skills gained :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by Tackla
If you put it in and somehow manage to phrase it in the way it adds to you as a person and makes you more employable then why not!

Exactly! Cause surely that job takes people skills and communication skills in its own unique way :biggrin:
Reply 6
Original post by abc:)
I would put it down under a guise eg 'dancer' or 'worked in a nightclub' because then you can still talk about skills gained :smile:

In your personal ppinion do you feel if they knew you were a stripper opposed to say a barworker in there that an employer may frown upon it? :smile:
Any experience is good experience. But no seriously just no. Unless you have cracking breasts and talking to a sweaty 50 year old single man.
Reply 8
I don't know if it would damage your chances, I wouldn't care if I was hiring someone. But others might...

I'd just word it differently just to be safe
If you haven't got much experience other than stripping then yeah I'd recommend putting it down as 'dancing' and 'working at a nightclub'. So long as it is worded well no one will be the wiser, just make sure you don't use the word stripping! :tongue:

If you've got a lot more experience that you don't really need to mention it, then just leave stripping out.
Original post by Hanvyj
I don't know if it would damage your chances, I wouldn't care if I was hiring someone. But others might...

I'd just word it differently just to be safe

It's nice to see you wouldn't judge either way :smile:
Original post by yellowcopter
If you haven't got much experience other than stripping then yeah I'd recommend putting it down as 'dancing' and 'working at a nightclub'. So long as it is worded well no one will be the wiser, just make sure you don't use the word stripping! :tongue:

If you've got a lot more experience that you don't really need to mention it, then just leave stripping out.

So there is still a stigma attached to this job possibly?
How would you feel if you were an employer and you saw this on their CV? Would you view it as good work experience? :smile:
Reply 12
I wouldn't mention it. If you're hot, they'll see at the interview.
So there is still a stigma attached to this job possibly?
How would you feel if you were an employer and you saw this on their CV? Would you view it as good work experience? :smile:

Experience is experience so yes, it does have potential.

Well I'd see it as good bar working experience, I'd be a bit confused about the dancing bit though so be prepared to state what you mean by dancing to the employer. :smile: If it were retail or just a basic job I'd see it as good social experience but I'd still definitely ask what 'dancing' meant.
I would probably be more likely to employ you.
Original post by yellowcopter
Experience is experience so yes, it does have potential.

Well I'd see it as good bar working experience, I'd be a bit confused about the dancing bit though so be prepared to state what you mean by dancing to the employer. :smile: If it were retail or just a basic job I'd see it as good social experience but I'd still definitely ask what 'dancing' meant.

It's fair that you would ask that :smile:
Original post by Millie228
I wouldn't mention it. If you're hot, they'll see at the interview.

What do you mean by this? :smile:
Original post by The_Last_Melon
I would probably be more likely to employ you.

Based on what grounds and merit? :tongue:
Reply 18
Say you worked in "club entertainment services" Simple. That would actually sound good because they would look at that and say "she has good people skills"
Based on what grounds and merit? :tongue:

You understand what generally sells.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending