Unofficial AQA Biology Unit 3 GCSE NEW SPEC Mark Scheme

Scroll to see replies

Reply 260
oh and any justification for the grade boundaries being the way they are
Thanks so much! :smile:
Thanks for taking your time to finish the mark scheme :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 263
For the ISA, what would 44/50 be in UMS? And how could i calculate other scores i have for other sciences...?
I found this on the AQA site, don't know how reliable it is though, looks pretty solid. http://www.aqa.org.uk/exams-administration/about-results/uniform-mark-scale/convert-marks-to-ums
Reply 265
Original post by sammann123
Bear in mind that this mark scheme doesn't include all the marking points and additional guidance that the official one will, so you probably got more than 30:smile:

Cheers, I'm not sure though. I wrote silly things like Modern ventilation was more expensive, and the Iron Lung was claustrophobic!

Can only hope, would be disappointing if I don't get an A
Reply 266
For question 2 part 4 (advantages and disadvantages of positiv pressure breathing systems), would i get a mark for saying that it allows freedom of movement, unlike negative pressure breathing aids?
I calculated I could get a minimum of 51 marks, is this an A*? I really need to know because I need an A* to get an A* overall
Reply 268
Original post by jayjay531
I calculated I could get a minimum of 51 marks, is this an A*? I really need to know because I need an A* to get an A* overall

The predicted grade boundaries are under the mark scheme in the original post...

EDIT: Yes, you would get an A* if you got 51
Original post by HarryRiley88
If the climate is dry there is a higher concentration gradient from the skin to the air, if the air is 'humid' there will be less of a concentration gradient if not none therefore no/less evaporation. myGCSEscience mentioned it in one of his videos.

Lol. Not everything he puts in his videos are on the specification. Search that on the spec and it's no where to be seen. Evaporation rate is only linked with Hot, Dry and Windy conditions. That is all you need to know. what you wrote would not gain you an advantage over what I just said...
Original post by Cxxkie
Cheers, I'm not sure though. I wrote silly things like Modern ventilation was more expensive, and the Iron Lung was claustrophobic!

Can only hope, would be disappointing if I don't get an A

You could well get the mark for claustrophobic! Also thats only two marks down :smile:
I got out of the exam and panicked a lot because i thought i hadn't done well, but i eventually realised that i was only remembering the hard questions/ ones I hadn't done well in. Just think of the positives and get working on your next exam!:smile:
Original post by king_revision
Lol. Not everything he puts in his videos are on the specification. Search that on the spec and it's no where to be seen. Evaporation rate is only linked with Hot, Dry and Windy conditions. That is all you need to know. what you wrote would not gain you an advantage over what I just said...

I never said it would gain an advantage over your answer, I dont know about the spec but both of my biology teachers have said it'll get the mark and if he's putting revision videos on the internet for the current spec then why would he put stuff that isnt on there...?
Vasoconstriction not vasocontraction.
Original post by zzFishstick
Vasoconstriction not vasocontraction.

for the first question if i had put right atria rather than right atrium would i still get the mark ?
Original post by Midnight1811
for the first question if i had put right atria rather than right atrium would i still get the mark ?

Yeah pretty sure you would :P
Reply 275
on the first question was it the pulmonary artery or aorta?
Original post by mercieo
on the first question was it the pulmonary artery or aorta?

It was aorta.
Original post by HarryRiley88
I never said it would gain an advantage over your answer, I dont know about the spec but both of my biology teachers have said it'll get the mark and if he's putting revision videos on the internet for the current spec then why would he put stuff that isnt on there...?

I didn't say you were wrong dude. I'm just saying that the person from before who said that we wouldn't get the marks for putting what we put is wrong. You'll get the marks, it's just the extra info was just a tad unnecessary, but hey no harm in learning more than neccessary
how many ums do you think 56 will get me?
Reply 279
i would have thought that a* boundary would be lower becasue the questions in the paper were mostly application based. so aqa are likely to say that because the paper was hard then people with high marks would deserve an a*. It isnt just about percentages, its also about if the candidate desevered an a* or not. So example would be that the exam paper was really hard but a lot of people got good marks then say 10% would get a*. But then the next year the exam was really easy and a lot of people got rubbish then 5% would get an a*. AQA have specified this many times in the past.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending