The Student Room Group

The break up was difficult last time.... but now this

So basically I have been dating my boyfriend for 1 year and 7 months. We had a little 4 month break up in march of last year but we got back together.
Last time, the break up was basically him saying he doesn't "feel like he did when he met me" and that his mates didn't like me. It was all of a sudden, like the previous day we were really happy together and the next he just ignored me so it just hppened.

He got back together with me when he realised he DID like me and me (still upset over the break up) decided to get back with him because I still loved him.

Now, this week he's been funny again. He wouldn't let me hug him and refused to kiss me, and I asked what's wrong and he refused to talk about it. I asked him on messenger what's wrong and it was the same reasons, about him not liking me as much as we met, but THIS time he was a bit mean, saying "I don't want to waste my whole LIFE with you" and that he's liked other girls whilst with me (which I'm not bothered about).

Now we are both 16 and we did get together when we were 14, and yes I DO understand that we have our whole lives yet, and I understand his decision completely, it's just that last time I was a MESS and I just want to know how to deal with break ups better since I have 2 more weeks left in school (and I really do not want to cry tomorrow like last time) .

I also want to know how to deal with him getting with other girls since that'll probably be soon.

Thank you for reading and please reply

Oh and I'm anon because some people know me on here:smile:
Reply 1
Posted from TSR Mobile
No matter what advice you get here. The instant your break up happens. You will definitely cry. And that's quite understandable . but the important thing is that how you cope up after that . i would suggest going to your hobbies . i will say one thing though . if you dnt want it to be a big deal it wont be a big deal. Try meeting new people or talk with an old friend . dont make too many friends but make one friend who will be there through thick n thin. I myself am dealing with a very serious breakup after a 4 year long commitment . and i am only 17 . and the best advice i could give you is to find someone who is in a similar situation. Maybe then you help each other out. Cheer up girl . the world is still colorful. Atleast you are able to talk about your relationship. Get busy, get drunk , get crazy , do what you want to do , not what you must do. If you want to be happy you will be happy. Hope i helped. Cheers
Reply 2
Posted from TSR Mobile

Also do tell that guy from my side , that he is an unlucky bastard (apologies for the language) that hes losing out . flush his pics, call him and speak your mind to him . let it all out . the anger the frustration . and trust me you will feel better.
It just takes time, will be about 4 months before you will be alright i think, if you stop communication and go out with your friends often or focus on education you could cope, however the initial moment it will be hard to do anything for few weeks ofc
Reply 4
Original post by palashnick
Posted from TSR Mobile
No matter what advice you get here. The instant your break up happens. You will definitely cry. And that's quite understandable . but the important thing is that how you cope up after that . i would suggest going to your hobbies . i will say one thing though . if you dnt want it to be a big deal it wont be a big deal. Try meeting new people or talk with an old friend . dont make too many friends but make one friend who will be there through thick n thin. I myself am dealing with a very serious breakup after a 4 year long commitment . and i am only 17 . and the best advice i could give you is to find someone who is in a similar situation. Maybe then you help each other out. Cheer up girl . the world is still colorful. Atleast you are able to talk about your relationship. Get busy, get drunk , get crazy , do what you want to do , not what you must do. If you want to be happy you will be happy. Hope i helped. Cheers

thank you so much! :smile: Yes last time it wa really hard because it came of a bit of a surprise but this time he's been a bit of a dick towards me so I kind of started to dislike him. I'm just not looking foreward to when the family knows and they all start talking about it behind my back, it's really not nice :frown:
Reply 5
Original post by Student-Andrew
It just takes time, will be about 4 months before you will be alright i think, if you stop communication and go out with your friends often or focus on education you could cope, however the initial moment it will be hard to do anything for few weeks ofc

Yes after the break up in between I was starting to see sense but he wants to go back out with me, I'm defiantly saying no if he asks this time!! :colondollar:

I have exams too so I'll probably stay in for those, I guess at least I can concentrate on my exams more :wink:
Original post by Anonymous
So basically I have been dating my boyfriend for 1 year and 7 months. We had a little 4 month break up in march of last year but we got back together.
Last time, the break up was basically him saying he doesn't "feel like he did when he met me" and that his mates didn't like me. It was all of a sudden, like the previous day we were really happy together and the next he just ignored me so it just hppened.

He got back together with me when he realised he DID like me and me (still upset over the break up) decided to get back with him because I still loved him.

Now, this week he's been funny again. He wouldn't let me hug him and refused to kiss me, and I asked what's wrong and he refused to talk about it. I asked him on messenger what's wrong and it was the same reasons, about him not liking me as much as we met, but THIS time he was a bit mean, saying "I don't want to waste my whole LIFE with you" and that he's liked other girls whilst with me (which I'm not bothered about).

Now we are both 16 and we did get together when we were 14, and yes I DO understand that we have our whole lives yet, and I understand his decision completely, it's just that last time I was a MESS and I just want to know how to deal with break ups better since I have 2 more weeks left in school (and I really do not want to cry tomorrow like last time) .

I also want to know how to deal with him getting with other girls since that'll probably be soon.

Thank you for reading and please reply

Oh and I'm anon because some people know me on here:smile:

i know what a break up at that age is like; i got with my boyfriend at 13 and we broke up at 16 just after prom due to younger girls being jelous, i got attacked i got held at knife point because of them girls so i let him go and it hurt alot, what i did was i found a hobby that i love, and mine was ice skating i started when i was 13, i skate every week now. try finding something you enjoy to do! it will help.

As your only 16.. a little advice, 'let your dreams outgrow the shoes of your expectations'
Reply 7
Original post by Vickywright95
i know what a break up at that age is like; i got with my boyfriend at 13 and we broke up at 16 just after prom due to younger girls being jelous, i got attacked i got held at knife point because of them girls so i let him go and it hurt alot, what i did was i found a hobby that i love, and mine was ice skating i started when i was 13, i skate every week now. try finding something you enjoy to do! it will help.

As your only 16.. a little advice, 'let your dreams outgrow the shoes of your expectations'

YEP It's just over a month before prom too, and a few girls have taken a liking to him recently. The girls sound terrible D:

I don't really have any hobbies but I do enjoy charity work, probably going to volunteer at a charity shop in the holidays to keep my mind off things :smile:
Don't call him and let it all out. It shows immaturity.

It is hard but only you and time can heal you. Do not wallow in the sadness. You've been here before so you should know the things to do to make you heal faster. Try dust it off your shoulders and focus on you. Try not to be bothered by the other girls. All these things are easier said than done but you really have to push to feel better. After the first cry, fight the next few and you soon wont have to because you wont want to cry. He isn't worth your tears. :smile: What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. It is best to keep away, no contacting him. Or dont let him contact you.

To cheer myself up, I usually listen to Eminem. Give him a shot :smile:
YEP It's just over a month before prom too, and a few girls have taken a liking to him recently. The girls sound terrible D:

I don't really have any hobbies but I do enjoy charity work, probably going to volunteer at a charity shop in the holidays to keep my mind off things :smile:

we sound so much alike; i do charity work too aha!
Reply 10
Original post by blueberryyums

It is hard but only you and time can heal you. Do not wallow in the sadness. You've been here before so you should know the things to do to make you heal faster. Try dust it off your shoulders and focus on you. Try not to be bothered by the other girls. All these things are easier said than done but you really have to push to feel better. After the first cry, fight the next few and you soon wont have to because you wont want to cry. He isn't worth your tears. :smile: What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. It is best to keep away, no contacting him. Or dont let him contact you.

I don't call anyone anyway, I have an irrational phone fear, don't ask! :')

Yes, I mean this time it's different because this time I genuinely realise what a prick he's being, and I guess I'm not AS upset because I have college in a few months so will probably meet someone there :wink:

Thank you! :smile:
I don't call anyone anyway, I have an irrational phone fear, don't ask! :')

Yes, I mean this time it's different because this time I genuinely realise what a prick he's being, and I guess I'm not AS upset because I have college in a few months so will probably meet someone there :wink:

Thank you! :smile:

Yeah he sounds horrible and is just using you, as hard as it is, get rid of him and don't let him come back this time.
To deal with this, the only thing you can really do is just be happy that your free, young and single. And if you see him hanging out with other girls then just think "did he really make me happy when I was with him?" think about how he's treated you. You wouldn't want to go back to that would you?
Reply 13
thank you so much! :smile: Yes last time it wa really hard because it came of a bit of a surprise but this time he's been a bit of a dick towards me so I kind of started to dislike him. I'm just not looking foreward to when the family knows and they all start talking about it behind my back, it's really not nice :frown:

glad to know that you are prepared this time for the worst . As for the talking behind the back. Only those talk behind your back who cant be ahead of you. Plus if people are talking about you in your absence , doesnt it mean that you have a much more interesting life than theirs. Take it this way, people only talk behind our back if they want to be like us or they cant be better than us. simple as that. i hope you dont face much problems that i am facing. Peace out, Cheers.
Reply 14
Original post by blueberryyums

i agree , eminem helps a lot

Quick Reply