Welbeck over Agbonlahor.

Oxlade-Chamberlain over McManaman.

This isn't FIFA where pace matters

Welbeck is better than Agbonlahor...
Reply 7701
Original post by UniMastermindBOSS

Yeah, one goal all year is amazing, he should start over Sturridge and Carroll.

Oh wait, he will. :rolleyes:

And have I missed something? Cleverley hasn't been out of the squad for months but what's be done? No in form players just same old **** and getting away with it because they're 'young'.
Reply 7702
Original post by UniMastermindBOSS

Number of goals in the Premier League this season.

Agbonlahor - 9
Welbeck - 1

Seems legit.
Agbonlahor :laugh: :laugh:
Original post by Tommyjw
Agbonlahor :laugh: :laugh:

He has been better than Welbeck this season. Only reason he isn't in the squad is because he doesn't play for a 'fashionable' club. All this talk about Welbeck and he has 1 goal this season, that is dreadful.
Original post by TheInvincibles14
He has been better than Welbeck this season. Only reason he isn't in the squad is because he doesn't play for a 'fashionable' club. All this talk about Welbeck and he has 1 goal this season, that is dreadful.

Cool beans

His strengths are not scoring and those strengths are ones that none of the other strikers brings.

But dw about that. Goals scored > logic right?

This 'fashionable club' thing is such nonsense. It's like those wanting Holt to be called up last season :laugh: Best players play for best teams, direct correlation, logic.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 7706
Original post by Tommyjw
Cool beans

His strengths are not scoring and those strengths are ones that none of the other strikers brings.

This 'fashionable club' thing is such nonsense. It's like those wanting Holt to be called up last season :laugh: Best players play for best teams, direct correlation, logic.

So he's basically the new Heskey.
Original post by TRS-T
So he's basically the new Heskey.

:yawn:

Awkward moment when you aren't smart enough to realise what Heskey actually brought to the clubs he played for and have nothing else to say but the oldest joke in the world.
Original post by Tommyjw
Cool beans

The job of a striker is to score goals. For United it may be difference as there is RVP to rely on for goals so Welbeck can run around like a headless chicken, but for England you need a clinical striker, and with 1 goal this season he should not be in the squad. Sturridge is a much better player. I never mentioned anything about Holt so why bring him up, the 'fashionable club' thing is true, there are many players playing for so called 'lesser' clubs who are overlooked.
but for England you need a clinical striker,

Like Welbecks 5 goals in 5 shots for England?

Sturridge is a much better player..

Sturridge is a better goalscorer., that doesn't make him a better player. There are many things Welbeck is simply better than Sturridge at.
Reply 7710
Welbeck's basically a wide player now anyway. Carrick and Lampard in the middle, Walcott and Welbeck wide, with Rooney behind Sturridge.
Original post by Tommyjw
Like Welbecks 5 goals in 5 shots for England?

Sturridge is a better goalscorer., that doesn't make him a better player. There are many things Welbeck is simply better than Sturridge at.

What about his one goal in 26 league appearances for United? Yes Sturridge is a better goalscorer but they are both attackers and I'd take a better goalscorer over a better player who can't finish to save his life. Goals win you games.
People finally starting to respect sturridge and his ability, took long enough. He's better than welbeck, although welbeck offers more in defensive work rate sturridge is the better striker and should start up top over welbeck.

Original post by Tommyjw
:yawn:

Awkward moment when you aren't smart enough to realise what Heskey actually brought to the clubs he played for and have nothing else to say but the oldest joke in the world.

So basically welbeck is the new heskey...
Just reworded and said in an offensive way to another poster. :lol: you're getting my vote for best wum. And I reckon I'll be in the standings.

Original post by Louis.
Welbeck's basically a wide player now anyway. Carrick and Lampard in the middle, Walcott and Welbeck wide, with Rooney behind Sturridge.

Who are england facing anyway? I know both lamps and carrick have had great seasons but there is a lack of mobility in the CM position don't you think. Gerrard maybe?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 7713
Original post by jam277
Who are england facing anyway? I know both lamps and carrick have had great seasons but there is a lack of mobility in the CM position don't you think. Gerrard maybe?

Tbh I don't even know :lol:

Had a quick glance at the squad and chucked together a team based on that. Gerrard's injured. Would have said Carrick and Cleverley, they're a partnership who complement each other well, but Cleverley has barely played any football recently. Milner and Jones the other CM options.

Carrick and Lampard could be a Carrick/Scholes partnership that worked for us for so long, although Lampard isn't close to Scholes in the deeper role.
I think Ireland at home then Brazil away. Not 100% sure though.
Original post by Louis.
Tbh I don't even know :lol:

Had a quick glance at the squad and chucked together a team based on that. Gerrard's injured. Would have said Carrick and Cleverley, they're a partnership who complement each other well, but Cleverley has barely played any football recently. Milner and Jones the other CM options.

Carrick and Lampard could be a Carrick/Scholes partnership that worked for us for so long, although Lampard isn't close to Scholes in the deeper role.

Yeah, tbh that's the best combination looking at it. Unless we wanna go the youth route and pick henderson. Jones well he's good if there's a dangerman(but I don't know who we're playing in the first place), just think we will struggle to regain the ball in midfield unless rooney drops deep. Has milner even played as a CM this season? Most of the time I see him on the right wing or as a RWB when mancini played 3-5-2.
I think Ireland at home then Brazil away. Not 100% sure though.

Jones would be good for brazil away. But ireland at home we can use carrick and lampard.
Yeah we need more mobility when facing Brazil. Shame JW is having a small operation, he owned them at Wembley.
Reply 7718
Original post by jam277
Yeah, tbh that's the best combination looking at it. Unless we wanna go the youth route and pick henderson. Jones well he's good if there's a dangerman(but I don't know who we're playing in the first place), just think we will struggle to regain the ball in midfield unless rooney drops deep. Has milner even played as a CM this season? Most of the time I see him on the right wing or as a RWB when mancini played 3-5-2.

Henderson isn't even in the squad though, we're a bit short in midfield. Milner could probably be used in CM in similar circumstances to Jones, not a great option though. Hopefully with a goalscorer like Sturridge up front (if he plays there) Rooney will be able to help out, although he's liable to become terrible when there's **** going on in his life.
Original post by jam277

So basically welbeck is the new heskey...
Just reworded and said in an offensive way to another poster. :lol: you're getting my vote for best wum. And I reckon I'll be in the standings.

Yep. Welbeck is the new Heskey.

Except the different types of player they are.

And the different strengths they have.

And the different roles within a team they have.

And the different ways they play

But other than that, they are exactly the same right?

Latest