The Student Room Group

Post your unpopular opinions...

I noticed there was an unpopular opinions thread on sport and music, but not one for general ideas.

Here's some of my mine (don't be offended)

Fight club is massively overrated
So is The walking dead

People should take a test before reproducing - this way inferior genetics are not passed on

The era we live in will go down in history as the most influential and the best - if you hate current society feel free to go back to the 1300's without your precious Iphones and catch black death

If you want the death penalty back, you should be willing to enter your name and details into a hat. Everytime someone innocent is killed by the death penalty, a random name is drawn and that person is executed

Majority of women shouldn't be allowed to vote

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I detest rap music. I hate nightclubs. Social interaction is somewhat tedious. Poetry is an infinitely better pursuit than any sporting event. I am religious. I think winter is a better season than summer. Death is something to be afraid of. Universities should not offer courses in management and business (though I have nothing against those courses in principal). The arts are a more important pursuit than the sciences. I prefer Moffat to RTD (except for the second half of Series 7, I don't know what he's doing at the moment). Istanbul is the best city in the world. Art is only art where these is some form of skilled craft involved to support the idea behind a piece. The House of Lords should not be elected. There is nothing wrong with Islam.

EDIT: This turned me from green to red! I'm sorry :frown:. It did say to post unpopular opinions. These aren't all of my opinions!

EDIT 2: Given various comments, I should probably point out that I have nothing against those who listen to rap music, am not a Muslim but rather a very liberal high-ish church Anglican, and while I love the place, I don't actually live in Istanbul :tongue:.

EDIT 3: It's the outright hostility I don't get here... :tongue:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by redz0r
I noticed there was an unpopular opinions thread on sport and music, but not one for general ideas.

So is The walking dead

People should take a test before reproducing - this way inferior genetics are not passed on

The era we live in will go down in history as the most influential and the best - if you hate current society feel free to go back to the 1300's without your precious Iphones and catch black death

If you want the death penalty back, you should be willing to enter your name and details into a hat. Everytime someone innocent is killed by the death penalty, a random name is drawn and that person is executed

That's the one I agree with you the most. However, slightly different reasons..

I think it should be a test to see how fit you are to be a parent. Prevents useless teenagers having a child just cos they can't be bothered to put a condom on.

But also, some adults just shouldn't be parents either. People can barely look after themselves, let alone a child too.

One of my own is, although being gay isn't necessarily a choice, I think its wrong/unnatural. Got nothing against them and I don't discriminate, I just don't think it's normal. (I expect negs for that opinion)
Reply 3
The world would be a safer place if Hitler had won WWII
Original post by AeneasBK
The world would be a safer place if Hitler had won WWII

AeneasBK is not a posturing ****.
Reply 5
Original post by cambio wechsel
AeneasBK is not a posturing ****.

I don't think that will be unpopular enough to warrant inclusion in this thread :O
I don't think that will be unpopular enough to warrant inclusion in this thread :O

It is wildly unpopular. Your dear old mum just sent a PM to rebut it.
Reply 7
It is wildly unpopular. Your dear old mum just sent a PM to rebut it.

She is dear, isn't she.
She is dear, isn't she.

Too dear for my pockets, yes.
Reply 9
I'm having to fight the temptation to make a new account called "AeneasDearOldMum" and start to contribute to this thread.

Anyway, I'm white, the world WOULD be a safer place for me if Hitler had won :P
Reply 10
Original post by redz0r

So is The walking dead

Um, I'm really struggling to understand the death penalty one.

Anyway, I'm white, the world WOULD be a safer place for me if Hitler had won :P

I'm afraid mental defectives were as well for the high jump.
Reply 12
Original post by redz0r

So is The walking dead

Reasons??
Reply 13
I'm afraid mental defectives were as well for the high jump.

D'oh I see what you did there!
Reply 14
Original post by neom
Reasons??

Clearly they are mentally deficient, and ruled by their hormones and emotions and voting should be for the rational half of humanity.

Oh I went there.
personally I don't like lana del ray she's really depressing and nandos is way too overrated for it's own good. I'd rather listen to radio 2 than other radio stations and some people really shouldn't be allowed Facebook.
This thread is gonna turn nasty, I can just see it.
Reply 17
I hated Pulp Fiction. It was an awful movie.
Define inferior genetics?

Good luck telling someone they cant have kids because they have inferior genetics!
Reply 19
Clearly they are mentally deficient, and ruled by their hormones and emotions and voting should be for the rational half of humanity.

Oh I went there.

Lmao, I can't

Quick Reply

Latest