The Student Room Group

future or future

hey am a bit worried if i would be accepted to do my alevel.these are following gcses am doing:
english
arabic
math
b1
p1
c1
will i be entering six form with these?
Original post by yackub
hey am a bit worried if i would be accepted to do my alevel.these are following gcses am doing:
english
arabic
math
b1
p1
c1
will i be entering six form with these?

It really depends on what A-Levels you want to do, and the grades you get in those GCSEs. Obviously, if you came out with all A*s you would be well placed to do most subjects, but if you got Cs then your options will be more limited.

If you could tell me the A-Levels you want to do and your predicted GCSE grades, I could give you a better idea!!!:smile:
Reply 2
Original post by dandaman7771
It really depends on what A-Levels you want to do, and the grades you get in those GCSEs. Obviously, if you came out with all A*s you would be well placed to do most subjects, but if you got Cs then your options will be more limited.

If you could tell me the A-Levels you want to do and your predicted GCSE grades, I could give you a better idea!!!:smile:
these are my predicted grades:
A or A* FOR MATH
english B
biology B
physics B
chemistry C
arabic C

the courses i wanna do is:
furhter math,math,biology and physics
Reply 3
why so little gcses?
Reply 4
Original post by yackub
A or A* FOR MATH
english B
biology B
physics B
chemistry C
arabic C

Really depends on which sixth form/college you go to. For some of mine, your grades don't meet the requirements. And how comes you will only have that many GCSE's
Original post by yackub
A or A* FOR MATH
english B
biology B
physics B
chemistry C
arabic C

Cool Choices!!!

Like others have said, I'm not sure why you've got so 'few' GCSEs, but for the college I'm going to those results would be fine. My other option required results that you don't quite fit into but that is a very picky sixth form!!! I'm doing Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Chemistry at AS, and these are my achieved/predicted GCSEs:

Achieved
Maths: A* achieved

Predicted:
Edexcel L3 Algebra: Pass
Physics: A*
Chemistry: A*
Biology: A
English Lit: A*
English Lang: A*
Product Design: A
French: A
Geography: A*
PE: A*
RS: A/A*

Also some distinctions in IT.

I would definitely try to get that A* in Maths and possible an A in Physics, because I can't see any state sixth form/college not letting you in with that and 5A*-Cs!!!

Good Luck in your exams- I hope you get your place!!!:biggrin:
Reply 6
Original post by dandaman7771
Cool Choices!!!

Like others have said, I'm not sure why you've got so 'few' GCSEs, but for the college I'm going to those results would be fine. My other option required results that you don't quite fit into but that is a very picky sixth form!!! I'm doing Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Chemistry at AS, and these are my achieved/predicted GCSEs:

Achieved
Maths: A* achieved

Predicted:
Edexcel L3 Algebra: Pass
Physics: A*
Chemistry: A*
Biology: A
English Lit: A*
English Lang: A*
Product Design: A
French: A
Geography: A*
PE: A*
RS: A/A*

Also some distinctions in IT.

I would definitely try to get that A* in Maths and possible an A in Physics, because I can't see any state sixth form/college not letting you in with that and 5A*-Cs!!!

Good Luck in your exams- I hope you get your place!!!:biggrin:
thanks,same goes to you

Quick Reply

Latest