The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Olympiad
I finished school like two weeks ago :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I finished one week ago but it doesn't feel like one week. Exam leave is so weird - it's like a holiday with several interruptions (exams), especially in a boarding house :holmes:

My perception of time has become messed up :frown:
Original post by justinawe
I thought you were going to do sixth form at the same school? :colonhash:

No:s-smilie:
Original post by MattFletcher
:frown:

Having said that I hate a lot of my school, but I still think wednesday is going to be very emotional

Yeah, today was kinda like that! I didn't see everyone, but we still "have" school for.another week :lol:

Tonight was goodbyes...

I have a C2 exam tomorrow morning :rolleyes: need to revise and wake up in time... Can't now.
Original post by L'Evil Fish
No:s-smilie:

Oh :colonhash: are you going to that private school or something?
Oh :colonhash: are you going to that private school or something?

Nope :tongue: a catholic college :wink:
Original post by Bude8
I finished one week ago but it doesn't feel like one week. Exam leave is so weird - it's like a holiday with several interruptions (exams), especially in a boarding house :holmes:

My perception of time has become messed up :frown:

ikr! I regret procrastinating -.-

Posted from TSR Mobile
Nope :tongue: a catholic college :wink:

Why the change? :tongue:

You should have gone somewhere that does Edexcel or OCR MEI Maths :mmm:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Although they're our GCSEs, I don't think anyone in my year is worried xD
6th form is more important :holmes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm almost done with year 12, and I'm still doing this far too much :holmes:

Every time I'll think "I'll start revision for this exam early this time around"... but in the end, I'll always end up not doing anything until a day or two before the exam :rolleyes:
Original post by Bude8
Well I have a feeling it will either be really easy or really hard; the French people said their exam was so easy they had to check it wasn't foundation, and last year's Spanish people got a really hard paper (theoretically they alternate in difficulty each year) and our year *should* have an easy paper.

Awesome :awesome: (I presume you're on Edexcel)

My school has literally scrapped almost everything different for the years coming up; only French is taught as an MFL, Classics and Latin are kaputt and DT has apparently been decimated (it was already pretty lax compared to my old school).
I'm almost done with year 12, and I'm still doing this far too much :holmes:

Every time I'll think "I'll start revision for this exam early this time around"... but in the end, I'll always end up not doing anything until a day or two before the exam :rolleyes:

Last year I did all (literally mean all) my ICT coursework the weekend before it was due - it was hell and I promised I wouldn't do it this year, but hey I never learn. Ended up doing it the night before it was due again, torture.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bude8
Although they're our GCSEs, I don't think anyone in my year is worried xD
6th form is more important :holmes:

True say loool

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MangoFreak
Awesome :awesome: (I presume you're on Edexcel)

My school has literally scrapped almost everything different for the years coming up; only French is taught as an MFL, Classics and Latin are kaputt and DT has apparently been decimated (it was already pretty lax compared to my old school).

Yup, Edexcel!

Thankfully, my headmaster LOVES Latin and Classics, so he's going to keep it going even if only a handful of people choose to do it (and it's always a handful). The Latin + Classics teachers are also awesome. As classes are small in 6th form you can have 1:1 lessons, best value for money :moon:

Though in my Latin set next year there are 2 people (including me)
Last year I did all (literally mean all) my ICT coursework the weekend before it was due - it was hell and I promised I wouldn't do it this year, but hey I never learn. Ended up doing it the night before it was due again, torture.

Posted from TSR Mobile

tbh, a good work ethic isn't necessary to do well at GCSE, but it helps a lot when you go on to sixth form.

It's a lot harder to get in gear for A-levels or IB or whatever when you've been doing **** all throughout years 10 and 11. Those who worked hard during their GCSE years will have less of a problem adjusting.
tbh, a good work ethic isn't necessary to do well at GCSE, but it helps a lot when you go on to sixth form.

It's a lot harder to get in gear for A-levels or IB or whatever when you've been doing **** all throughout years 10 and 11. Those who worked hard during their GCSE years will have less of a problem adjusting.

Dreading the leap into A levels! :eek:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Why the change? :tongue:

You should have gone somewhere that does Edexcel or OCR MEI Maths :mmm:

Nowhere in Cardiff does either :tongue:

Awkward...

Anyway, I've been set on this place since November ish... (although I was considering private school)

So :confused:
Nowhere in Cardiff does either :tongue:

Awkward...

Anyway, I've been set on this place since November ish... (although I was considering private school)

So :confused:

I mean, why not stay at your old school? :colone:
Dreading the leap into A levels! :eek:

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's not that bad, just don't be lazy like me :wink:
It's not that bad, just don't be lazy like me :wink:

Right now my response to this is: "I definitely won't, I want to do well!"
But tell me this next year and I'll say: "I seriously can't stop procrastinating!"

Posted from TSR Mobile
Right now my response to this is: "I definitely won't, I want to do well!"
But tell me this next year and I'll say: "I seriously can't stop procrastinating!"

Posted from TSR Mobile

I procrastinate by doing maths though, which always helps :awesome:

Have you decided on what subjects you want to take in year 12?
I procrastinate by doing maths though, which always helps :awesome:

Have you decided on what subjects you want to take in year 12?

Classics, Geography, History, Politics most likely what do you take?

Posted from TSR Mobile