The Student Room Group

House party tips?

I'm throwing a house party to celebrate the end of GCSEs, but I've never done this before. Any tips on how to make it a success?
Reply 1
drink+sex+music-parents+lots of people+post party cleanup volunteers+a decent house-expensive vases
Reply 2
No girls
No alcohol
No loud music after 11pm
No calorific foods
No groups of more than 3 people per room
Original post by Fusion
No girls
No alcohol
No loud music after 11pm
No calorific foods
No groups of more than 3 people per room

Sorry I should have specified I wanted it to be fun
Reply 4
1) Go to Facebook
2) Make a public event for your house party, complete with address, time and date
3) Invite everyone on your friends list, spare no one

Let the party commence!
Reply 5
- Provide lots of drink for friends.
- Nice selection of music for the night.
- Lock ALL valuables in one room. I've witnessed everything from precious jewellery, TV's, DVD players and a fridge/freezer combo being stolen.
- Dim the lights in all rooms bar the kitchen. Kitchen is always the chatty/social area.
- Tell your neighbours, it's just polite.
- Cups... buy cups. There's always a shortage of cups.
- Make sure your mates smoke outside, if they're proper mates they'll respect that it's your house anyway.
- Buy lots of MDMA and insist that it is sherbet powder, all guests must have some on entry.
- On arrival, insist to the female gender that the theme of the party is a topless one and it'll be enforced at all times.

But be prepared for unwanted visitors, thieves and snakes coming along... They always hear about, and turn up to parties.

Also, you have the absolute right to call the police if any unwanted people turn up/it gets mucky. As long as you're not breaching the peace, it's absolutely not illegal to get drunk at home and have a private party, so if something really does kick off, don't be scared of calling the police.
Get a massive tent, lots of drink, bbq and icecream, invite friends! Bit of music job done

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Rybee

- On arrival, insist to the female gender that the theme of the party is a topless one and it'll be enforced at all times.

ahaha great idea
Reply 8
Lock up your valuables.

Make sure people know to bring their own drink, but of course you should have a couple of crates or bottles on hand.

You're gunna need plastic cups, and lots of them, head to Poundland or something.

Cleaning supplies for the next day + some friends that will help.

Food, just get a ton of crisps and things.

Make a couple of playlists and make them decent, a decent soundsystem is a plus.

Know how many people are coming, roughly. And as the host remember to stay in control of yourself. I've seen things get bad when the host has been a mess, sad fact is it's your house, you need to be able to look after it.

Also, if someone is chundering, don't be afraid to throw their ass out. Nothing worse than cleaning chunder out of a carpet with a hangover.
Reply 9
Have laminated flooring
Reply 10
Have it at someone else's house. Unless you don't mind at least something moderately valuable getting damaged.
Reply 11
Original post by Steevee
as the host remember to stay in control of yourself. I've seen things get bad when the host has been a mess, sad fact is it's your house, you need to be able to look after it.

Excellent advice by the way... The amount of parties I've been to where the kid is so hyped up about their party that they've KO'd by 11PM and their house has been destroyed in their absence is plentiful.

Once it's all in to swing of course let your hair down a little bit, but you have to remember you're the host, not a party goer.
Reply 12
Original post by Platonicgloves
Sorry I should have specified I wanted it to be fun

Prostitutes
Drugs
Fights to the death
Reply 13
1-Get a bunch of hot girls and good looking guys so people don't think the party is filled with geeks
2-PREDRINK not only will it calm your nerves but it will get you in a good mood ready for it to start
3- lock any rooms that people aren't allowed in just in case they try
4- hide all your parents alcohol, some people are not afraid to take it especially cause it's hard to pass the blame with that many people in the house
5-be strict on who you let in, you don't want any gatecrashers making your numbers too high
6-lay down a couple of rules, eg. If your gonna bun do it in the garden
7- ENJOY! This your party b you gotta have fun

Quick Reply

Latest