The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 940
PLease help statistics 1 question

construct a 98% confidence interval

how do I find z
says its 2.3263

how the hell do you get that I can't work it out on the tables wtf help me please
DJ, a little question, what if I crossed of about three pages in the moments question and answered in the last page is there any chance they would consider it (notice it)? I did make some arrows pointing to the next couple of pages.

Because one of my friends had this problem in C2 and had to do a remark because of that
C2! Wish me luck:eek:
Original post by justinawe

Hopefully you're awake because no one else will be :frown:

Need help...

5)a) I could do b, after solving the a bit from the paper.

1368769006865.jpg

And this one...

9) I have the idea, just a quick run through if you dont mind.

1368769052726.jpg
Reply 944
Is it easy to get an A in ALevel maths? Because I picked it for ALevel and I want an A when I do it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by JF2013
Is it easy to get an A in ALevel maths? Because I picked it for ALevel and I want an A when I do it

Posted from TSR Mobile

Spoiler

Reply 946
Original post by L'Evil Fish

Good luck! S1 coming up in about 2hours :eek:

Good luck for today, you'll do brilliantly! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Robbie242

Best of luck for S1, just remember to be very careful when subbing in your values as that is a very easy way of losing marks but overall S1 should be a high scoring module! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 951
Original post by MathsNerd1
Best of luck for S1, just remember to be very careful when subbing in your values as that is a very easy way of losing marks but overall S1 should be a high scoring module! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Cheers! And yeah that's what it is all about, and same with probability just gotta read the question correctly. One problem to get 100ums though if you have to ace most of those explain/comment questions, I ace about 3/4 of them per paper, some of them I just get entirely wrong lol
Cheers! And yeah that's what it is all about, and same with probability just gotta read the question correctly. One problem to get 100ums though if you have to ace most of those explain/comment questions, I ace about 3/4 of them per paper, some of them I just get entirely wrong lol

Yeah those tend to be a pain, also I don't know if it'll come up this year as it came up for mine but if it asks you to work out the frequency density of a histogram don't just write the number as I'm sure it'll be incorrect, that's the only 1-2 marks I lost for it :tongue:

Stats is just so tedious and it use to put me to sleep, never helps I was in a car accident the day before! Still didn't get the best of me though :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks! You too!
Good luck for today, you'll do brilliantly! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks! Can you by any chance help with my questions above?:frown:
Reply 954
Yeah those tend to be a pain, also I don't know if it'll come up this year as it came up for mine but if it asks you to work out the frequency density of a histogram don't just write the number as I'm sure it'll be incorrect, that's the only 1-2 marks I lost for it :tongue:

Stats is just so tedious and it use to put me to sleep, never helps I was in a car accident the day before! Still didn't get the best of me though :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

What did you manage to get in stats 1 then :P?

and I completely agree, regression/PMCC/interpolation IS SO BORING

Thanks! Can you by any chance help with my questions above?:frown:

Yeah sure thing, on question 9 if you've been given the radian value for the angle and the area of the shaded section then how would you go about working out the area for the shaded part? Is there a formula you might know which could help you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 956
Hopefully you're awake because no one else will be :frown:

Need help...

5)a) I could do b, after solving the a bit from the paper.

1368769006865.jpg

And this one...

9) I have the idea, just a quick run through if you dont mind.

1368769052726.jpg

a)

Sn=a+ar+ar2+ar3+......arn1S_n=a+ar+ar^2+ar^3+......ar^{n-1}

Add first term and second term together set that equal to 72, then add first and 3rd term together and set that equal to the second numerical value of 120.

At least that's how I think you do it
(edited 10 years ago)
What did you manage to get in stats 1 then :P?

and I completely agree, regression/PMCC/interpolation IS SO BORING

I got 96 which I think was pretty damn good considering my state and everything!

Yeah that's why after last year I've left the Stats at just S1 and S2, although I did prefer S2 over S1 as it seemed more enjoyable :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah sure thing, on question 9 if you've been given the radian value for the angle and the area of the shaded section then how would you go about working out the area for the shaded part? Is there a formula you might know which could help you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

1/2 r^2 theta - 1/2 r^2 sin theta = the value they gave for area

a)

Sn=a+ar+ar2+ar3+......arn1S_n=a+ar+ar^2+ar^3+......ar^{n-1}

Add first term and second term together set that equal to 72, then add first and 3rd term together and set that equal to the second numerical value of 120.

At least that's how I think you do it

I have that, but solving it.. Wait, let me get back to you again... I got it, dw :smile:

I used a = (1-r) instead of 72/(1-r)
(edited 10 years ago)
1/2 r^2 theta - 1/2 r^2 sin theta = the value they gave for area

I have that, but solving it.. Wait, let me get back to you again

That's correct now just fiddle around with that until you can get r by itself and have a value for it :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending