The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1920
Spanish exammmm.... :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1921
Original post by MattFletcher
good point :tongue: :teehee:

Yeah, you can no longer post anything about how much people talk on this thread without that line coming up!

Original post by Jina
Spanish exammmm.... :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good luck!
I want a mean question (that I can do) to come up :mmm: lower the boundaries...

:awesome: I myself could never do one, but it's great!
School.. let's see what happens
Joint honours?
Only Edexcel and OCR MEI have it I think.

If you do C1-C1 + 2 applied modules, you'll get an ordinary "maths" A-level.

If you do FP1, FP2 and/or FP3, and 3 or 4 applied modules, you'll get a "Further Maths" A-level.

Do any other six modules (there will only be six left for Edexcel, but more if you're on OCR MEI), and you'll get "Additional Further Maths".
:sigh:
History :smile:
Maths
English :frown:
Physics
Biology :frown:
Reply 1927
Original post by Elm Tree
School.. let's see what happens

Put vaseline all over your face to make yourself look ill :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Major Minor?

STEP is an issue, but I'm sure you'll be fine if you're wanting to do maths!
If you want to do maths at uni, you'd best be delighted about the fact that it'll take over your college life :colonhash:
You want to have Quant-level Maths knowledge by the end of sixth form? :colonhash:
That's a lot of maths :awesome:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Good luck with that :redface: you'd better have loads of spare time or something... MFEs / MSc FinMaths are considered "crash courses" in quant-level maths, and those are still full-time 1 year commitments :colonhash:
Ah, right :colonhash: I guess it wouldn't be too outlandish then, I'd probably achieve that if I spent my extra time learning quant-relevant applied maths instead of pure maths :colone:
Hope I actually get some revision done today, I need to get into gear.
Yeah, plus I'm not even sure if I want to be a quant... I may choose to be an actuary, or even an academic if I end up enjoying uni-level maths that much :colonhash:
Is a quant trader basically just a quant who trades? :colonhash:
Spanish exam in 2 and a half hours, but until then I don't have to be in school :ahee:
Original post by MangoFreak
Spanish exam in 2 and a half hours, but until then I don't have to be in school :ahee:

Going in about half an hour. I'm watching anime atm :moon:
Seems like a good selection. My school doesn't offer economics so I'll try and see if I could schedule it at another school during the week.

Latest