The Student Room Group

Applying to the University of Bucharest or Cluj

Hey, i'm thinking of applying to the university of Bucharest of Cluj

.i wanted to ask some questions because i couldn't fine any answers on the official university websites

.1. is there any admission test in Scientific subjects such as biology and chemistry or just the English proficiency test?

2. what is better in the case of applying?, send my application form by official mail or to bring the application form by hand to in the university Secretarial Office?

3.Is there a requirement to present grades in subjects like biology and chemistry in the interview? I did not study any of these courses in my high school in Israel.
bump...anybody?
Reply 2
hi,

im currently in 3rd year at bucaharest

the test is english proficiency not science related

the best way to apply is through an agent, many students who apply by themselves get rejected every year, agents tend to have contracts with the university so it is safer to apply through one, also as you wont know the language it is almost impossible that you get everything done as you wont be able to communicate to most of the romanians around

the application does not go to the secretaries office...first it needs to go to the ministry of education

there is no previous requirements for bucharest but there are for cluj
Hi,

The entrance exams are English proficiency tests.
We advise you not to apply to Bucharest. It is very difficult to get a place there, roughly 80% of the students who applied there last year received rejections.
Cluj is a much safer option and a much better university, however as you say you do not have science subjects it would also be very difficult for you to get a place there.
Your alternative options would be Arad, Constanta, Craiova, Timisoara, Oradea, Targu Mures...at these universities you will stand a greater chance of admission.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 4
Is cluj a good medical uni
Original post by cheesypuff
Is cluj a good medical uni

Cluj is the best university in romania
The top 3 universities in Romania by rank -
1 - Cluj-Napoca
2 - Ovidius University, Constanta
3 - Carol Davila University, Bucharest
Reply 6
Original post by Meddegreeabroad