The Student Room Group

BUSS1 May 20th 2013

Hey
I'm a second year student re-taking BUSS1, got a C last time but really aiming for an A

Any tips and Hint to reaching the higher grade boundries??????

:smile: xx

Scroll to see replies

I found timing to be an issue with this exam.

Just remember to elaborate on your points, and to explain everything your saying.

I am also a second year student retaking this. But to get full marks.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by josh90999
Hey
I'm a second year student re-taking BUSS1, got a C last time but really aiming for an A

Any tips and Hint to reaching the higher grade boundries??????

:smile: xx

Same situation as me.
Reply 3
And me lol
Reply 4
What are the main topics that I should focus on for this exam? Please help as I have not really revised well for this exam....
Reply 5
Original post by iggyDash
And me lol

Can you provide me with some key notes for BUSS1? I have left revision to the last minute....:frown:
Are you guys ready?! I really need a good exam structure! Can anyone help?
Reply 7
Original post by M.I.A
Can you provide me with some key notes for BUSS1? I have left revision to the last minute....:frown:

i Haven't got any just the book Infact need some notes myself sorry

Im just going to cramm during the weekend
Reply 8
seems like we're all retaking :')
remember that the first section is 20 marks, full of definitions and equations to work out.
the rest of the 40 marks is just explanation and evaluation questions. i worked out that on average, you need about 40 marks for an A so if i were you, i'd try and get at least 18/20 on section a so you dont have to get reeeeally good in section b...
Reply 9
Retaking here!

Is the CGP book enough for this unit??
I'm literally freaking out that I'm going to fail all of my AS levels.

I'm retaking Bus1 because I got a U :frown:

It would be amazing to get a C/D!

I really don't understand it, can anyone help?

It would be massively appreciated!
Reply 11
I'm resitting BUSS1 because I got a D! :s I found that I spent way too long on the beginning calculation question...and it was only worth a couple of marks! This time round I'm just going to move on if I don't know the calculation...and try and nail the rest of the paper :smile: Good luck guys!
I have left my revision unti now, haven't actually started yet, got a D last time but completely messed up the calculation questions, would love a B but I'm not sure if that's possible now having left revision this late?

Do you think it's possible to cram and do well in this?
Reply 13
wow. all of you re-taking..? :s-smilie:

just don't forget BUSS1 is a much easier paper than BUSS2 so you really need to get as high USM in this paper as you can so that you need less in BUSS2 to get A's :smile:

For Both BUSS1 and 2 for any question that you think has a key term in the actual question at the top, make sure you put one at the begging of the answer. IF the definition is correct you are instantly awarded 2-3 marks for "knowledge". FACT.

good luck guys and gals :beard:
Reply 14
Original post by CallumTheKing
I have left my revision unti now, haven't actually started yet, got a D last time but completely messed up the calculation questions, would love a B but I'm not sure if that's possible now having left revision this late?

Do you think it's possible to cram and do well in this?

Do you by any chance have the Buss1 Jan 13 paper?
Original post by M.I.A
Do you by any chance have the Buss1 Jan 13 paper?

No sorry
what are all the calculations we need to know? do you guys think break even will come up?
Reply 17
I got 60 UMS in january. The last question messed me up I got 5/15 whereas I got 11/15 on the question before :/
Re-sitting this for full marks also.

Anyone who did the paper in january, can you remember what topics were examined?
I did a mock test for BUSS1 last week without revising and got an A

This unit is pretty easy after you've done BUSS 2 & 3 since it's just common sesnse.
So gonna spend tonight and tomorrow going through a textbook and some past papers. Aiming for full UMS

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending