The Student Room Group

GCSE Edexcel unit 8 religion and society exam 17th may 2013 revision help

Revision help for anyone revising this exam
really good revision guide for all Christian and Muslim teachings you need to know for the exam
http://getrevising.co.uk/files/documents/edexcel_religion_and_society_unit_8_revision_guide/RevisionBooklet%20re.pdf

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MBT Bot
It's been a while since you posted and nobody's replied yet...maybe you should check out MarkedbyTeachers.com, TSR's sister site. It has the largest library of essays in the UK with over 173,000+ coursework, essays, homeworks etc.. all written by GCSE, A Level, University and IB students across all topics.

Handpicked examples show formative feedback comments from some brilliant teachers. Plus, reviews from A* students and hints, tips & common mistakes from their teacher team. You get access either by publishing some of your own work, or paying £4.99 for a month's access. Both ways give you unlimited access to all of the essays.

All their documents are submitted to Turnitin anti-plagiarism software, so it can't be misused, and the site's used by hundreds of thousands of UK teachers and students.

What's more, you can take a look around the site and preview the work, read reviews and teacher summaries AND view the hints and tips absolutely free. Click here to find out more...

I'm against cheating my ways to success so I'm alright thanks!
Reply 2
Got this exam on Friday !
Tomorrow!!!

Got our revision pack from our teacher today!!! Looks quite straight forward though to be honest.

Good Luck!
Reply 4
i have this exam tommorow, there's is just too much to revise. ive written everything down but i am currently unsure if everything has been implanted into my head. im just blank at the moment.
Reply 5
Original post by Victoriapownall
Revision help for anyone revising this exam
really good revision guide for all Christian and Muslim teachings you need to know for the exam
http://getrevising.co.uk/files/documents/edexcel_religion_and_society_unit_8_revision_guide/RevisionBooklet%20re.pdf

whats that thumbnail you have attached?
Good luck tomorrow guys!
Reply 7
SO. MUCH. TO. REVISE.

No seriously, I hope it's all up there in my head, got this exam first thing this morning! Kinda nervous but whatever.

Hope all your exams go well!
Reply 8
WUHOOOOOOO! I aced the exam! Thanks to last years religion and life exam (got a high A*) I could drop a maximum of around 10 marks in the religion and society exam and still get an A* overall! It's only Religious Studies but I'm really hyped lol :P
Original post by karrar247
WUHOOOOOOO! I aced the exam! Thanks to last years religion and life exam (got a high A*) I could drop a maximum of around 10 marks in the religion and society exam and still get an A* overall! It's only Religious Studies but I'm really hyped lol :P

Hi!!!

Great, but we're not allowed to discuss Edexcel papers yet because of exam rules, so see you in 11 hours!!! (Says in red just above top of thread)
Reply 10
Original post by dandaman7771
Hi!!!

Great, but we're not allowed to discuss Edexcel papers yet because of exam rules, so see you in 11 hours!!! (Says in red just above top of thread)

I think its been time now or is it until 11pm?
Original post by NedSchool
I think its been time now or is it until 11pm?

10:30pm I think.
Reply 12
Original post by Joe7
10:30pm I think.

I believe we CAN talk about the exam from NOW! yes! So how did everyone find it? Mixture of top and bottom questions or all top, all bottom or 2 and 2 or 3 and 1? Hardest section? Time management? Hard or Easy? Out of ten...

Possible grade boundaries?
I thought the exam was incredibly easy. I chose the second option for every section, and found none of the questions particularly challenging. I got 94 UMS in the first unit, and the exam today certainly felt like it went better than that, so hopefully I've secured an A*. I've got to say though, my hand was killing after all that writing.

Grade boundaries wise I think it'll be similar to other years. I imagine the A* boundary will be between 72-74/80.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 14
Original post by Joe7
I thought the exam was incredibly easy. I chose the second option for every section, and found none of the questions particularly challenging. I got 94 UMS in the first unit, and the exam today certainly felt like it went better than that, so hopefully I've secured an A*. I've got to say though, my hand was killing after all that writing.

Grade boundaries wise I think it'll be similar to other years. I imagine the A* boundary will be between 72-74/80.

My hand also was suffering after the exam. I did the questions where it asked us to define SITUATION ETHICS, FORGIVENESS, CAPITAL PUNISHMENT AND THE BIBLE
Original post by NedSchool
My hand also was suffering after the exam. I did the questions where it asked us to define SITUATION ETHICS, FORGIVENESS, CAPITAL PUNISHMENT AND THE BIBLE

I think mine were Situation Ethics, Environment, Forgiveness and I can't remember the last one. I do remember for the last section that the other questions were on the social impacts of drug use, why we need laws and whether religious people should support capital punishment.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 16
I do think it was much easier than the Unit 3 one on monday, possibly because as it is about society and after all you can just use your common sense in some of the questions.
I think I did all the first questions except of the last one.
And I'm feeling quite proud, as it's my only RE exam, that I finished in time and wrote all the points for every question, but I do have to admit my arm was killing :>

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
In my school the exam hall had a couple of year 10s doing resits but was mostly full of very nervous year 9s sitting our first exam!

I chose the top one for each section (I think the key words were the Bible, Conservation, something which I can't remember and Capital Punishment) and it was generally quite easy although I found the first section the hardest because I couldn't remember any of the Christian teachings! I think I've done we'll but unfortunately I have to wait till the 27th of August for my results! ARGH

But I agree with you all - it felt like there was steam coming out of my pen and my arm was killing me afterwards!!!
Original post by Obliviate
I do think it was much easier than the Unit 3 one on monday, possibly because as it is about society and after all you can just use your common sense in some of the questions.
I think I did all the first questions except of the last one.
And I'm feeling quite proud, as it's my only RE exam, that I finished in time and wrote all the points for every question, but I do have to admit my arm was killing :>

Posted from TSR Mobile

Can you remember what the definition question was for the last section?
Reply 19
Original post by Joe7
Can you remember what the definition question was for the last section?

The top one was capital punishment I believe, don't know the bottom one

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending