The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk X

Scroll to see replies

Reply 720
So I'm not that sure what happened last night but had a really unpleasant period of not being able to stand up (sitting up wasn't ideal either) because it made me feel like I would pass out/throw up. I'd eaten plenty and my blood sugar was fine and it didn't pass very quickly so I'm really not sure what happened. Isn't a massive deal but sort of worries me that I'm getting sick cos that's the opposite of what I need atm.
(edited 10 years ago)
Even diazepam doesn't make me sleep :sad: It does stop the worrying though, so it's good. Would like to sleep sometime soon though
Good morning! Exam ahoy, and I'm terrified... How is everyone today?

Original post by Tyrion_Lannister
Even diazepam doesn't make me sleep :sad: It does stop the worrying though, so it's good. Would like to sleep sometime soon though

Good luck sleeping... Insomnia is a horrible thing. Could I have some of that diazepam pre-exam if it's not working for you? :tongue:

Spoiler

Original post by lethean girl
Good morning! Exam ahoy, and I'm terrified... How is everyone today?

Good luck sleeping... Insomnia is a horrible thing. Could I have some of that diazepam pre-exam if it's not working for you? :tongue:

Spoiler

Haha I don't even know where it is, the doctor didn't trust me with it and gave it to my mum :rolleyes: Patronosing or what.

Yeah I haven't slept for almost two weeks, I've only slept on and off. Hope your exam isn't too bad! :biggrin:
Haha I don't even know where it is, the doctor didn't trust me with it and gave it to my mum :rolleyes: Patronosing or what.

Yeah I haven't slept for almost two weeks, I've only slept on and off. Hope your exam isn't too bad! :biggrin:

I've been having nightmares and really intermittent sleep lately. All that they'll give me in this hospital is melatonin, haha. Thank you!
I've been having nightmares and really intermittent sleep lately. All that they'll give me in this hospital is melatonin, haha. Thank you!

I've never had that. Does it work? I don't seem to get sedative effects from stuff, even tramadol, which knocks everyone I know out, I can take maximum dose of and be fine.
Original post by Sultana
So today I met my care coordinator. I wish I hadn't. Nothing at all good came out of it, just reinforced how absurdly **** I am at talking. Couldnt say anything. Then got kinda irritated and all hostile and nasty for 2 mins and completely not like me. Then she said that I was obviously really suspicious of her, and that annoyed me more cos my not talking is nothing at all to do with her. Then lost all energy cos sudden irritation is exhausting and she drove me home and I cried lots and we agreed to not see each other again. So that was fun.

Have lost myself yet another avenue of support. feel bad. im ****. so hopeless. want it to end

Did you make it? How'd it go?

Yum. Making honeycomb is the tastiest science experiment ever!

I do keep on putting off the inevitable though. so bad for so many reasons. :cry2:

A springy springer. He awesome. But he's getting all poorly again; lots of arthritis and falling over. :frown:

:hugs: I'm sorry to hear that it didn't go well. :console:

It went way better than I expected. Way, way better. However, I then had dinner with my aunt and I forgot how triggering she can be (ED triggers, not gonna write what she said). I had lots of nice free food though so she and my old ED can stick it :P
Original post by Idle
I've been thinking a lot about my dad today :moon:

Even this long after to just think that i'm never going to see him again, never going to be able to talk to him, never give him a hug... is something that is so hard to comprehend. He was my safety net and anchor, it is very rare you find a person that no matter what you did, no matter what you said.. would still love you, and always have your back. He was that person to me. When he caught me self-harming he threw his arms around me to stop me and I threw him to the ground, I swore at him, I said things i'd give an arm to be able to take back. But he still loved me, he sat in the car outside A&E for 4 hours while I was being seen with no complaints... What a father.

He stared death in the face for 12 months and kept a smile on his face even until his last day, even when his body gave out on him. He has inspired me to try become a better person, and to try live my life, if I get down I contemplate the hell he went through, and how he stayed strong... Because if he coped with that I can cope with this.

I miss him, people say it gets easier with time, people lie.

This was going to be a 1 line post, I rambled, sorry.

:jumphug: :jumphug: :jumphug:
Reply 728
Original post by Idle
I've been thinking a lot about my dad today :moon:

I know that feel bro
I've never had that. Does it work? I don't seem to get sedative effects from stuff, even tramadol, which knocks everyone I know out, I can take maximum dose of and be fine.

Nope. I suspect that it's a placebo, to be frank.

The only sedatives that seem to work on me are olanzapine and zopiclone; I don't get sedating effects from the benzos, and I've never taken opiates.
Nope. I suspect that it's a placebo, to be frank.

The only sedatives that seem to work on me are olanzapine and zopiclone; I don't get sedating effects from the benzos, and I've never taken opiates.

Damnit. I really need something that will actually work :frown:

So do I... I'm considering asking to go back on olanzapine. They've already told me that they won't give me zopiclone here, but I was on olanzapine and sleeping quite well until they took me off it because I fell asleep during the day. Have you tried zopiclone or its cousins?
Reply 732
Original post by superwolf
:hugs: You'll never be deliberately ignored on here.

I can't help but feel that, especially when I feel it a lot in real life. But thank you! :hugs:

Original post by 08batee
You're too nice to me. Thanks lovely :hugs: :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

How can one be too nice? :tongue: It's not me being nice, it's me stating the obvious really and it just so happens to be nice :h: No worries hun, we all care for you and wish you all well :hugs:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I finished my dental appointment and my teeth are fine :biggrin: Bring on the weekend :biggrin:
Reply 733

Diazepam isn't really that great for sleep. When I was in hospital and I asked for something to sleep they gave me lorazepam, which is a better benzo for sleep.
GPs are less likely to give it out though because it's stronger. One of my friends is on it but he has very severe anxiety.

When I couldn't sleep earlier in the year my doctor gave me a low dose (1.5mg) of haloperidol, so that might be something worth asking about.
So do I... I'm considering asking to go back on olanzapine. They've already told me that they won't give me zopiclone here, but I was on olanzapine and sleeping quite well until they took me off it because I fell asleep during the day. Have you tried zopiclone or its cousins?

No, what is it?
Original post by Nut.
Diazepam isn't really that great for sleep. When I was in hospital and I asked for something to sleep they gave me lorazepam, which is a better benzo for sleep.
GPs are less likely to give it out though because it's stronger. One of my friends is on it but he has very severe anxiety.

When I couldn't sleep earlier in the year my doctor gave me a low dose (1.5mg) of haloperidol, so that might be something worth asking about.

Thanks :smile: I'll ask about that, this is getting really annoying. I had lorazepam once before but that was during an episode that got me hospitalised and I got really agitated and they said it might have been a reaction, but as I haven't reacted to diazepam I'm thinking it's more likely that I was already agitated anyway. I have another follow up appointment soon so I will ask them, thank you
Reply 736
Feeling bit warm and mushy. Had a supervision this morning, on some exam practice essays I wrote. At the end I was like "going to be blunt, you know this hasn't been the best year for me personally. To be honest, I'll still be disappointed if I get below a 2.i but I just wanted to know how you think it's going."

Director of Studies was like "You're going to get a 2.i. Working more at this point is to get a 1st and I know you want to do the best you can, but if you'll be happy with a 2.i then you need to prioritise your health, and you will get a 2.i."

Is lovely cos she could have been all "work work work, that's the most important, you need to get a 1st!" or even told me that I need to work harder if I want to get a 2.i to add more pressure. Makes me feel much more relaxed, which is also conducive to getting more work done. It's good to have some supportive people.
Reply 737
Original post by asdfgah
Feeling bit warm and mushy. Had a supervision this morning, on some exam practice essays I wrote. At the end I was like "going to be blunt, you know this hasn't been the best year for me personally. To be honest, I'll still be disappointed if I get below a 2.i but I just wanted to know how you think it's going."

Director of Studies was like "You're going to get a 2.i. Working more at this point is to get a 1st and I know you want to do the best you can, but if you'll be happy with a 2.i then you need to prioritise your health, and you will get a 2.i."

Is lovely cos she could have been all "work work work, that's the most important, you need to get a 1st!" or even told me that I need to work harder if I want to get a 2.i to add more pressure. Makes me feel much more relaxed, which is also conducive to getting more work done. It's good to have some supportive people.

That's really good news! I'm so glad you have that kind of support. Well done!! :elefant:

- -

I hate being pregnant. Baby keeps wiggling inside my belly and it looks like an alien or the bit in the Matrix when Agent Smith puts the bug in Neo's belly button. I hate it. I feel tired all the time. Can't be bothered to get dressed and get lunch, but I really really REALLY want to get some chocolate. I am 30 weeks now. Still got 6-10 more weeks of this nightmare. On the bright side my Dad has offered financial help so I don't need to worry about budgeting to make my student loan stretch as far as the end of the summer.

Seriously. Baby. Stop it.
Lunch time :/ I have no idea how to feel about it tbh.. But I'm guessing its good if I don't have the voices in my head telling me not to eat it or purge right? I think that's good :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 739
Really really can't anymore. I'm srry I know I say the same thing all the time but so much no. People keep saying its so good to have therapy but really that is bull****. Even if i was greatand she was great it doesn't magically make everything better. And its going to be crap because i am beyond crapand i really deserve to die.

Latest