x(log2(a)-log2(b)=2
ab=2 therefore b=2/a, sub this in to get
x(log2(a)-log2(2/a))=2
x(log2(a)-(log2(2)-log2(a))=2
x(log2(a)-1+log2(a))=2
x(2log2(a)-a)=2
Therefore x= 2/(2log2(a)-1)
Hope this helps! (:

Thank you! I didn't get it right but hopefully I will get something for trying! I ended up with x(2log2a-1)=2x then I just wrote the equation
Reply 21
Is it possible for someone to put up the marks next to the answers, so I can see how many I lost?
Reply 22
Can someone explain why the first one was 6.3 and not 9.56 or something? I got 6.3 before I x the bracket and then 6.3 x 3/2? So confused and feel a bit stupid considering it was such easy marks
Reply 23
Original post by thebigman1
Can you put the marks for the question by the question please?

Done
Reply 24
was question 5) the triangle/sector question? for ii) i got 34 but for 5i) i seem to remember my answer being 102 for the area?? am i wrong?
Original post by Majeue
By the way for question 5ii, the answer is 36 not 34. It was 12.8+12.2+11=36

But 16-7=9 not 11
Reply 26
Original post by purplemind
But 16-7=9 not 11
my bad, thought it was 11 for some reason, I did actually get 34 lol.
Original post by Whyllee
Anyone hazard a guess at the grade boundaries? (it was relatively easy)

Using the grade boundaries for June 2012 (which was also a relatively easy paper) 57 maybe for an A. (it's usually in the 50's to get an A)
7ii) how is it 37/30 because you do the integration of curve- tangent from 1 to 4 and 3/2( 1.5) is bigger than 1 so lower limit is 1
Reply 29
was question 5) the triangle/sector question? for ii) i got 34 but for 5i) i seem to remember my answer being 102 for the area?? am i wrong?
Reply 30
:rolleyes:
Original post by CDL

that was the big sector. You wanted the smaller one.
Reply 31
Original post by Music99
:rolleyes:

that was the big sector. You wanted the smaller one.

okay so will that be 3 marks out of 4??
Reply 32
Did any one else find the equation of the tangent and theb integrate between the two points and take it away from the integral of the curve?? Loads of people seem to have used a triangle :s

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by chuckynoriss
7ii) how is it 37/30 because you do the integration of curve- tangent from 1 to 4 and 3/2( 1.5) is bigger than 1 so lower limit is 1

someone help me out how did they do it
Reply 34
Original post by DingDong!
Did any one else find the equation of the tangent and theb integrate between the two points and take it away from the integral of the curve?? Loads of people seem to have used a triangle :s

Posted from TSR Mobile

I worked out the area under the curve and then took away the area under the line too... I can't see how it would get the wrong answer and I assumed that was what they wanted given they got you to integrate the curve for the question before... so hopefully there's multiple methods...
Reply 35
Original post by DingDong!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes I did it that way.. Does anyone remember what question 9i was?
Reply 36
PLEASE Can someone explain why the first one was 6.3 and not 9.56 or something? I got 6.3 before I x the bracket and then 6.3 x 3/2? So confused and feel a bit stupid considering it was such easy marks
Original post by Majeue
Yes I did it that way.. Does anyone remember what question 9i was?

that was finding the remainder when you substitute i think it -1/2 as x into the equation
Original post by sugartown
PLEASE Can someone explain why the first one was 6.3 and not 9.56 or something? I got 6.3 before I x the bracket and then 6.3 x 3/2? So confused and feel a bit stupid considering it was such easy marks

you had to start from x=5 and 3 trips keeping adding 2 until you got x=11
so x values were x=5 x=7 x=9 x=11
Reply 39
Hey :smile: the reason you don't multiply the 6.3 by 3/2 is because the trapezium starts with h/2, there were 3 strips but the width of each strip was 2, so the h/2 was equal to 2/2 so basically it stays as 6.3. Hope that helps! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending