The Student Room Group

Just wondering if Oxford and Cambridge still do this

when my Grandfarther went to Cambridge in the 1930's they insisted all freshers stayed in halls. I know times have changed but I just wondered if Cambridge and/or oxford still did this
Yeah pretty much, unless you have a special reason. I don't see why you wouldn't want to stay in college, it's great.
Original post by AnonymousPenguin
Yeah pretty much, unless you have a special reason. I don't see why you wouldn't want to stay in college, it's great.

well I've allready graduated although from a diffrent uni it's just been knocking around in my brain cell for a bit

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jonathanemptage
well I've allready graduated although from a diffrent uni it's just been knocking around in my brain cell for a bit

Posted from TSR Mobile

You won't be forced into staying on site, but it's definitely convenient, and probably much cheaper.
I probably should say at uni I did live out in halls and then in a location right near the centre and all the clubs (I mean like 3 minuets away although in a residential road so I could sleep if I needed to)
You are required to live within a certain distance of the centre of Oxford or Cambridge for a certain period of time to get your degree. You can live anywhere within this area and satisfy the residency requirement, but (at least in Cambridge) there isn't a huge amount of private accommodation so it's usually much easier and a lot cheaper (assuming you leave in the holidays) to live in college accommodation.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending