The Student Room Group

Mr M's OCR (not OCR MEI) Core 2 Answers May 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
How many marks would I lose for Q6ii for putting 17.139 or whatever the exact answer was? Stupid error I know :colondollar:
Reply 41
Original post by Casket5
Have you got a copy of the paper?

Posted from TSR Mobile

There's one in this thread.
Reply 42
Has anyone got the questions to put up?
Reply 43
Original post by tommyhulk
Has anyone got the questions to put up?

There's a link in the post above yours.
Reply 44
Original post by Mr M
Definitely.

i did the same :frown: got 10.5 for area of triangle!
Reply 45
Mr M for part 4ii, I changed infinity to r, as equated normally, and got the answer that a=2+r just the positive answer, any marks for that? And on that tangent question I worked out the equation right, but forgot to change the integral limits, how many marks lost would that be ? Also I love your mark schemes!
Reply 46
Also will 65-67 ish marks be above 90 ums for this paper as I felt it was a reasonably easy/ very fair paper
Reply 47
For question 8c i wrote a and b both equaling 1 as a guess! i understand in your answers that it is more than and less than 1 so will i get 0?
Original post by joostan

Mr M

On 8ii I got as far as this:
[br] x(log2ab)=2 [br]\ x(\log_2\frac{a}{b}) =2

How many marks do you think I would get out of 5?
Thanks.
Reply 49
Hi Mr M. Thanks for the answers a usual,
1. For 6ii) i showed how the inequality was formed, however did not read the question and did not find N, how many marks lost.
2. For 7ii) I differentiated the curve, found the tangent equation and that it crosses the x axis as 5/3, however after this i integrated between 5/3 and 1 which i have now realized was wrong, how many marks lost?

Thanks, Z
Reply 50
Original post by chrisdaly
Also will 65-67 ish marks be above 90 ums for this paper as I felt it was a reasonably easy/ very fair paper

Most likely.
Reply 51
Original post by audi_turbo
On 8ii I got as far as this:
[br] x(log2ab)=2 [br]\ x(\log_2\frac{a}{b}) =2

How many marks do you think I would get out of 5?
Thanks.

I don't actually know, but at a guess, I'd say 2-3.
MrM will be able to give you a definite answer. :smile:
Reply 52
Mr M, what did you think of this paper in terms of the difficulty of it, compared with recent C2 papers? Thanks
Reply 53
For question 8iii:

I did (where log =log2)

a^x=4b^x
a^2x=4(b^x)(a^x)
2xloga=log4 + xlogb +xloga
2xloga=2 + x(logab)
2xloga = 2 + x (log2=1)
2xloga -x =2
x(2loga -1) =2

therefore x=2/ (2loga -1)

how many marks would i get (if any)?

thanks
Reply 54
is there a non-mei S1 discussion?
Reply 55
For 1i) I wrote 6.4, will I lose any marks
And for 5i) I got 62.4
Will I lose any marks?
Reply 56
Definitely on the lower end of average difficulty, this paper if not one of the easiest. So the grade boundaries will be higher compared to previous versions. I think it's Easier than june '12 and jan '12 and much easier than jan '13. So based on past boundaries, I'm pretty sure it's about 60 give or take one or two, for an A.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Music99
For the area under the curve how many would I drop for, writing down it was the integral- the area of the triangle. I messed up calculating the x coordinate so in the end just guessed it as 2, in a last ditch effort :P

also for question 8 didn't b have to be a negative number?

Get 1 mark for writing that down and no.
Reply 58
Yes, and an OCR examiner.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 59
What would someone say 100 UMS would be on this paper in terms of raw marks? 71?

Quick Reply

Latest