The Student Room Group

Statistics S1B 17/05/2013 Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 240
Original post by Ingamo
Haha yeahh same, I did the write method but got the wrong number -_-
You can usually drop 15-20 marks and still get an A though :smile:

A*? :frown:

..... just kidding I will very happy if I manage to get a B :smile: how about you?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by EmilyC96
What did people put for the last couple of questions for 4. Like calculate the least squares regression line ?
I got y = 0.6 + x
But I'm not sure I'm right because I just used a random formula from the booklet because I haven't come across anything like it before :/

YES! I got that too. :biggrin:
Original post by Son234
I wish you didn't say that

Really cheers me down lol

And hopefully grade boundaries will be low so everyone is happy :smile:

Everyone does better than they think :smile: Except for me... in January... ok, I'll shut up now. And yeah, hopefully :smile: I'm just hoping that the C2 grade boundaries are low (but is unlikely).
Original post by seajamiet
I got a - number so i know im wrong and thinking of it i believe it doesnt change as well.

I got 16.8F for the standard deviation, for the next question, I've multiplied it by (5/9).
Reply 244
Original post by RoseBrilliante
Everyone does better than they think :smile: Except for me... in January... ok, I'll shut up now. And yeah, hopefully :smile: I'm just hoping that the C2 grade boundaries are low (but is unlikely).

Lol your probably right

how did you do in C1 if you don't mind me asking?

does anyone know what the grade boundaries will be like?
Original post by Son234
Lol your probably right

how did you do in C1 if you don't mind me asking?

C1 in January? 3 UMS off a B. I knew I could do so much better so I resat C1 on Monday (did it before C2 on the same day) but found this resit much harder. So, could've done better, could've done worse but we'll just have to see in August :smile:
Reply 247
Original post by Son234
A*? :frown:

..... just kidding I will very happy if I manage to get a B :smile: how about you?

Haha! :P
Yeah same, a B would be great!
Reply 248
How did you do the probability question with the diagram?
I couldnt do it
Reply 249
How did you get the last one to be that?
Reply 250
Original post by ladalys93
I couldnt do it

Can someone tell me how many marks was for the diagram as I didn't read t and missed it obviously :frown:
Original post by AMELIA-x
Can someone tell me how many marks was for the diagram as I didn't read t and missed it obviously :frown:

Oh no, what diagram!?

You mean the question about reserve prices? I liked that question.
Reply 252
Original post by AlanDu
Oh no, what diagram!?

You mean the question about reserve prices? I liked that question.

Swear someone said something about a Venn diagram! :frown:
I didn't think the paper was any harder than the past papers! :rolleyes:
Original post by ladalys93
I couldnt do it

There was a diagram?
Reply 254
More like a table, it went
Reserve Price successful - 0.85
Reserve Price unsuccessful - ?
Lower Price successful - 0.5
Upper Price successful - 0.175

and it gave an example that if an object was sold at lower price but not upper price it was 0.325. Spent about 20 minutes rattling my brain trying to see how you get that answer, then realised you had to do 0.5 - 0.175?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 255
Original post by tetra-s

and it gave an example that if an object was sold at lower price but not upper price it was 0.325. Spent about 20 minutes rattling my brain trying to see how you get that answer, then realised you had to do 0.5 - 0.175?

Haha I did exactly the same.. I was so confused as to where they got the number from. I have never had to take away probabilities before! :P
Reply 256
Original post by tetra-s

i did 0.85 - 0.5 = 0.35. Your values are a bit mixed up in the table, maybe you did something different

i looked at it for ages and saw that they simply took away in their example
Original post by tetra-s

I think the missing valu was 0.15
Reply 258
Original post by Ingamo
Haha I did exactly the same.. I was so confused as to where they got the number from. I have never had to take away probabilities before! :P

Glad to know I'm not alone haha! I was dead confused aswell but when I read the preamble at the top it kinda makes sense (like the upper price prob is included within the lower price prob :s-smilie:)

And I also couldnt find out the third PMCC! it gave you sxy and sxx, but i couldnt find syy anywhere!
Original post by tetra-s
Glad to know I'm not alone haha! I was dead confused aswell but when I read the preamble at the top it kinda makes sense (like the upper price prob is included within the lower price prob :s-smilie:)

And I also couldnt find out the third PMCC! it gave you sxy and sxx, but i couldnt find syy anywhere!

Unlucky, syy was at the top of the question, syy = 5880. I know how you feel about that mistake, I have made silly mistakes on the FP1 paper I did today.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending