The Student Room Group

How many sexual partners

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
I am 17 and have slept with 3. :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Tyrion_Lannister
No it doesn't. Reread my comment again as you seem to have misunderstood what I've said

I hear what you are saying but I think the man has to be given more credit for pulling the girl to begin with.

Of course, saying that I have no respect for men who cheat, rape etc.
Original post by CJKay
You seem to have a much higher threshold for jealousy than most people lol.

Probably, this might be why my opinion seems hugely different from a lot of others. I've never understood jealousy myself.
Original post by fat_hobbit
I hear what you are saying but I think the man has to be given more credit for pulling the girl to begin with.

Of course, saying that I have no respect for men who cheat, rape etc.

Sometimes men work harder for it, but that doesn't mean the girl deserves disrespecting for it if she wants to have casual sex. It shouldn't be something that matters.
Sometimes men work harder for it, but that doesn't mean the girl deserves disrespecting for it if she wants to have casual sex. It shouldn't be something that matters.

As I said , it's your body , do what you want.

But there is a reason why the term 'slut' exists.
As I said , it's your body , do what you want.

But there is a reason why the term 'slut' exists.

But it makes no sense. Why is it 'bad' for a woman to? Even if it takes no work, not something I agree with, but even so, why would that be bad? That's like moaning that someone who's naturally talented at sport had an easier time runing a marathon.

There's no justification for why it is a bad thing for a woman to have casual sex
Reply 106
Original post by cartman
You're a guy though. It's different. Guys are supposed to sleep around.

Surely if they are able to do this successfully there will need to be an equivalent number of women with a similar number of sexual partners, or a smaller number of women with a proportionately higher number of sexual partners (e.g. sex workers)?
But it makes no sense. Why is it 'bad' for a woman to? Even if it takes no work, not something I agree with, but even so, why would that be bad? That's like moaning that someone who's naturally talented at sport had an easier time runing a marathon.

There's no justification for why it is a bad thing for a woman to have casual sex

I guess it depends on your principles. As I wrote earlier, the idea that my partner has slept with 50 guys makes me cringe and leads to trust issues.

For example; how many of them were done in an ethical way I.e. not sleeping with married men, guys with bf only you know. A lot of girls tend to also bend the truth with this ****.

Similarly, I don't agree with man whores tbh.
Reply 108
Original post by LordVoldemort1
One

My hand.

LOL, i was sure it would be a guy who made this comment, but i was wrong! :biggrin:
Because he wasn't a dick at the time, because it was physical only, because it was in the past where variables mean it was very different. I guess people are different, but I just wouldn't think about it, because it wouldn't cross my mind.

But he would have been a dick at the time, the girl just wouldn't have known it because she got duped. There are seriously so many men in clubs who see it all as a game of "conquering sluts" and adding points to the tally, and it's so frustrating to see women who think they're doing a good thing for their gender's liberation by enabling these people to get what they want (though I don't doubt it can be hard to tell them apart from the decent respectful ones). They don't care that you're taking a stand against gender roles, on the contrary to them it will just seem like you're playing your role to a T.

This is something it can be frustrating to watch as an external observer and I'm not surprised a lot of men end up getting bitter.
Original post by Redolent
But he would have been a dick at the time, the girl just wouldn't have known it because she got duped. There are seriously so many men in clubs who see it all as a game of "conquering sluts" and adding points to the tally, and it's so frustrating to see women who think they're doing a good thing for their gender's liberation by enabling these people to get what they want (though I don't doubt it can be hard to tell them apart from the decent respectful ones). They don't care that you're taking a stand against gender roles, on the contrary to them it will just seem like you're playing your role to a T.

This is something it can be frustrating to watch as an external observer and I'm not surprised a lot of men end up getting bitter.

If it's just a one night stand, who cares? You're not with them for their personality. It's a bit patronising to assume she got 'duped', like I said if it's a one night stand and he's not being a dick outwardly, does it matter?
I'm 18, soon to be 19 and I've had sex with 2 people (probably about 5 times with each girl)
I guess it depends on your principles. As I wrote earlier, the idea that my partner has slept with 50 guys makes me cringe and leads to trust issues.

For example; how many of them were done in an ethical way I.e. not sleeping with married men, guys with bf only you know. A lot of girls tend to also bend the truth with this ****.

Similarly, I don't agree with man whores tbh.

Even so if it's in the past it doesn't bother me that much. I guess I have a higher tolerance for jealousy like the other person said
Even so if it's in the past it doesn't bother me that much. I guess I have a higher tolerance for jealousy like the other person said

Yeah well not everyone thinks like this.
If it's just a one night stand, who cares? You're not with them for their personality. It's a bit patronising to assume she got 'duped', like I said if it's a one night stand and he's not being a dick outwardly, does it matter?

I wouldn't want to sleep with someone who saw me as beneath them, would you?
I don't care about being 'lady like', because my value as a person doesn't come from my vagina and my gender doesn't dictate who I am.

Why does a woman sleeping around make her easy and cheap? Why does her having consensual sex when she chooses make her less valuable in your eyes? I think that's possessive and disgusting.

Same here! I don't care either, I am who I am, my gender doesn't play a part in my personality.

I totally agree!
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Redolent
I wouldn't want to sleep with someone who saw me as beneath them, would you?

For a one night stand I really wouldn't care.
For a one night stand I really wouldn't care.

To each their own. As far as I'm concerned people who don't respect me have earned no favours from me.
Many.

Spoiler

Reply 119
I think that it's a personal thing anyway, if you're safe and happy and not ashamed of what you're doing then I don't see the problem. It's no one else's business how many you've had, it's your body and if you're looking after it then I don't see how it's someone else's problem. When you're unsafe, have STDs, or you get pregnant, then it's an issue that involves somebody else. Yeah, some people's opinion may be that it's a big number and 'too many', but that's their opinion and it all depends on people's perceptions of sex and the activity of it and what they feel is the meaning behind it.
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending