The Student Room Group

Statistics S1B 17/05/2013 Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 260
Original post by tetra-s
Glad to know I'm not alone haha! I was dead confused aswell but when I read the preamble at the top it kinda makes sense (like the upper price prob is included within the lower price prob :s-smilie:)

And I also couldnt find out the third PMCC! it gave you sxy and sxx, but i couldnt find syy anywhere!

Yeaah it does make sense! :rolleyes:
I think syy was just one of the values at the top, can't completely remember though.
Reply 261
OMG, are you talking about edexcel? the venn diagram was freaky!! but i can't remember any questions with jewellery, dave or bowling!! Ohhh and for the 1st Q, shh was -22400?? something like that?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 262
Any idea on what the grade boundaries are going to be?
Reply 263
Original post by AlanDu
Unlucky, syy was at the top of the question, syy = 5880. I know how you feel about that mistake, I have made silly mistakes on the FP1 paper I did today.

I remember trying one of the ones included at the top, and it kept giving me a massive number much bigger than 1, it had me so annoyed and i ran out of time in the end :frown:
Original post by EmilyC96
What did people put for the last couple of questions for 4. Like calculate the least squares regression line ?
I got y = 0.6 + x
But I'm not sure I'm right because I just used a random formula from the booklet because I haven't come across anything like it before :/

yh i got that hopefully that's right *fingers crossed* i was thinking i was the only one who go tthat answer
Original post by K FIZZLE
It gave you syy in the previous question where you had to use it aswell, to find the correlation between weight (y), length and width?

The answer for the third PMCC was like 0.987 ish
Reply 266
Original post by sakif
Any idea on what the grade boundaries are going to be?

lets hope people did bad and i can hope for a c, at least .... -.-
Reply 267
What did people do for the last questions?
And what did you put for the 4 mark justify the equation weight one?

Posted from TSR Mobile
i did 0.85 - 0.5 = 0.35. Your values are a bit mixed up in the table, maybe you did something different

i looked at it for ages and saw that they simply took away in their example

I definitely got 0.35! Hope it's right!!
Reply 269
Original post by RoseBrilliante
C1 in January? 3 UMS off a B. I knew I could do so much better so I resat C1 on Monday (did it before C2 on the same day) but found this resit much harder. So, could've done better, could've done worse but we'll just have to see in August :smile:

That's a really good result :smile:

And you know what....

I bet you will do well

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 270
when will the exam board release the paper?? or shall we expect some cool person to reveal it the public sooner..?
Original post by Son234
Fair to say i think I over thought mine lol

But that still doesn't make sense to me

I got 28.05 something like that is it the jewellery one where u had to estimate the # of people or something can't really remember what it was..

so i rounded it off since u cannot have 28.05 jewelleries or something it context of the question .. somebody help me what the question was i think it was binomial or random.
Reply 272
Original post by Leery24
What did people do for the last questions?
And what did you put for the 4 mark justify the equation weight one?

Posted from TSR Mobile

correlation between x and y was 0.987, so they were vertually the same at each value.

to comment on a and b: gradient was 1 was pefect corelation which didnt change the value of x. a was like 0.4 so x was only 0.4 bigger than y. something like that
0.6 alot of people got a to be 0.6

Does any one remember any of the question or answer for the last bit of the paper
Reply 274
Original post by agharaza94
0.6 alot of people got a to be 0.6

Does any one remember any of the question or answer for the last bit of the paper

I think I got 0.4 ;(

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 275
Someone write the last two 4 marker question? Then I can answer it hopefully :smile:

1) X-N(25.25, variance/10) find p(X<25) Right? can't remember the standard deviation

2) X-N (25.25, variance) find P(X>25) for each or ahh I can't remember?

Reply 276
Original post by caroliar
OMG, are you talking about edexcel? the venn diagram was freaky!! but i can't remember any questions with jewellery, dave or bowling!! Ohhh and for the 1st Q, shh was -22400?? something like that?

Noo AQA :P
Reply 277
correlation between x and y was 0.987, so they were vertually the same at each value.

to comment on a and b: gradient was 1 was pefect corelation which didnt change the value of x. a was like 0.4 so x was only 0.4 bigger than y. something like that

The value for a was actually 0.467 or something close

I don't know where the 0.6 is coming from

And the b value was 1.00

So y=0.467ish+1.00x

Reply 278
Original post by Son234
40x0.85 = p(met reserve price)

34x0.5= p(met lowest estimate price)

17x(1-0.175)= p(did not meet the highest estimate price)

So it was 14 that's my logic

got the same! :smile:
Original post by Son234
That's a really good result :smile:

And you know what....

I bet you will do well

Haha, I see what you did there :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest