The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by joostan
Aim high :tongue:

Aiming for higher, of course, but I wouldn't complain if I got those grades :tongue:
Original post by justinawe
Aiming for higher, of course, but I wouldn't complain if I got those grades :tongue:

Lol, 100/100, how are you going to complain about that? :tongue:
Original post by joostan
Lol, 100/100, how are you going to complain about that? :tongue:

I meant 1,1 in STEP II, III :tongue:
Original post by joostan
Aim high :tongue:

:yep: I guess we do!
pfft, 100 on FP2/FP3 is where it's at :wink:

Spoiler

I would not say that, because I haven't managed it.

Spoiler

I meant 1,1 in STEP II, III :tongue:

Ah I'm hoping for SSS but I can't see it happening :s-smilie:
So yeah, I wouldn't complain about 111 or some variation thereof. :smile:
Original post by DJMayes
I would not say that, because I haven't managed it.

Spoiler

Don't worry, you'll be saying it soon enough :colone:

I'd be on track for that if I didn't somehow run out of time in my C3 exam, lost 4 raw marks because of that :rolleyes: I still can't fathom how I was so slow!
Original post by joostan
Ah I'm hoping for SSS but I can't see it happening :s-smilie:
So yeah, I wouldn't complain about 111 or some variation thereof. :smile:

I've never fully figured out - are you an AS or an A2 student? :lol: If it's the latter, are you a Cambridge offer holder, and if so, what college?
Original post by DJMayes
I've never fully figured out - are you an AS or an A2 student? :lol: If it's the latter, are you a Cambridge offer holder, and if so, what college?

It's the former :smile: I'm hoping to apply to Cambridge, I thought applying to Trinity might be a bit arrogant, but another one I liked - Christ's is taken by my sister, now I'm looking at Clare or Downing :smile:
Original post by joostan
It's the former :smile: I'm hoping to apply to Cambridge, I thought applying to Trinity might be a bit arrogant, but another one I liked - Christ's is taken by my sister, now I'm looking at Clare or Downing :smile:

Apply to Trinity, if you like it - Pembroke is the best though. :wink: Arrogance is a silly excuse to not apply to a college if that's the one you prefer. SSS is an interesting hope for a year 12 though - back then I just hoped I'd be able to semi-consistently answer questions. :lol
Original post by DJMayes
Apply to Trinity, if you like it - Pembroke is the best though. :wink: Arrogance is a silly excuse to not apply to a college if that's the one you prefer. SSS is an interesting hope for a year 12 though - back then I just hoped I'd be able to semi-consistently answer questions. :lol

Lol, I'm banking on some improvement.
I'm only taking STEP I this year. . . :smile:
The real test will come next year :tongue:

Spoiler

S1111111111111!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :woo:

Original post by DJMayes

Thought I'd let you know, I was extra careful when calculating Var(X)Var(X) today :tongue:
Original post by Boy_wonder_95
S1111111111111!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :woo:

Thought I'd let you know, I was extra careful when calculating Var(X)Var(X) today :tongue:

Midnight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :woo:
Original post by DJMayes

Ah, you applied to Pembroke? It seems like lots of people on TSR like Pembroke.

I've narrowed my choices down to Pembroke, King's and Emmanuel... I'll probably choose after exams are over.
Volume of solid generated by curve y=f(x) when it is rotated 360 degrees about the x-axis

=πy2 dx= \displaystyle \pi \int y^2 \mathrm{ \ } dx

Original post by joostan
The volume of a revolution is:
πy2 dx\pi \displaystyle\int y^2 \ dx
Where y=f(x)y=f(x)
Rearrange the equation into the above format, and it should be easy enough :smile:

Yeah i know the formulea.... it gets trickier after... in my respective

this is what i did

picture059 - Copy (2).jpg
picture058 - Copy.jpg

notice the :qed: lol

oh and i sort of left it as that...unfinished :O

Original post by JayWise
DO you not just leave it in terms of a seeing as its just a constant, I got pie(306.38a^3) ??

thats not it ... although you are right in saying that because A'is a constant it is involved

ryan
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Robbie242
Midnight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :woo:

lol how did it go for you?
Original post by Robbie242
Midnight?

Spoiler

Seriously, ran out of time? :redface: I find that hard to believe, although other people have told me the same. You don't know that just yet though.
Original post by joostan
Lol, I'm banking on some improvement.
I'm only taking STEP I this year. . . :smile:
The real test will come next year :tongue:

Spoiler

I wouldn't worry too much - I'm not 100% on what your UMS is but if you're confident enough to sit STEP I in year 12 then I doubt it won't be good enough, and all the STEP practise you'll have will be very beneficial at interview.

Ah, you applied to Pembroke? It seems like lots of people on TSR like Pembroke.

I've narrowed my choices down to Pembroke, King's and Emmanuel... I'll probably choose after exams are over.

Yeah, I'm a Pembroke offer holder. Applying for Maths was quite fun this year - there were more TSR applicants than there are places for the subject, and one of those applicants was LotF...
Original post by Boy_wonder_95
Seriously, ran out of time? :redface: I find that hard to believe, although other people have told me the same. You don't know that just yet though.

Spoiler

Original post by ryanb97

Lol I wasn't sure what your problem was. Your idea is right, though I haven't got time to check your working.
Perhaps ask the DJ or justinawe.

Latest

Trending

Trending