The Student Room Group

One for the Grammar Nazi's...

Grammar Test!

I don't often go a day on here without seeing someone correct someone else's incorrect use of either your or you're, so give this a go.

It was a lot harder that I thought, I got 4/10!
I'm not sure you need the apostrophe in "Nazi's", mind.
Reply 2
Nazis*

10/10:smug:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 3
10/10

Easy.
Does it not work on Safari/iPhone?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyway, I got 10/10. I would dispute one of the questions, though. It was one where you were asked to identify which of three sentences was wrong. I felt that they were all of them right and so had to plump for the one I felt that they would think wrong.

Spoiler

Reply 6
Original post by Chris22
Grammar Test!

I don't often go a day on here without seeing someone correct someone else's incorrect use of either your or you're, so give this a go.

It was a lot harder that I thought, I got 4/10!

dont like this quiz but dislike gramma nazis more

"This is the kind of tedious nonsense up with which I will not put!" Which grammar rule was Winston Churchill supposed to have objected to?

surely the above question is a question about churchill not gramma!

ill ACTUALLY be honest unlike others:rolleyes: i got 4
i also got an A in my english GCSE and am going to uni my career will be acting / film making and as im not writing scripts so no gramma needs to be involved and when i talk everyone understands what im saying i think this is proof that grammar is necessary and just a hobby for snobs to feel superior !
Reply 7
9/10.

I'm useless with may/might. :tongue:
Reply 8
language is like cutlery
you got your good knife, spoon, fork set which you can use to eat all your food with and then you got your posh cutlery sets with your 5 varietys of spoons and fish forks and gold plated knifes which no one really needs and half the people dont know how to use, but the the people who do have these cutlery can look down on thoes usual people with their one fork , one spoon and one knife

gramma is like that there are words that we all use and understand and then theres your snobby gramma that is kinda uneccersary
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by usernme_
language is like cutlery
you got your good knife spoon fork set which you can use to eat all your food with and then you got your posh cutlery sets with your 5 varietys of spoons and fish forks and gold plated knifes which no one really needs and half the people dont know how to use, but the the people who do have these cutlery can look down on thoes usual people with their one fork , one spoon and one knife

gramma is like that there are words that we all use and understand and then theres your snobby gramma that is kinda uneccersary to the meal

Do you generalise to the point where you find everyone who has a good understanding of grammar to be arrogant?

If you've got it, flaunt it. :tongue:
Original post by usernme_
language is like cutlery
you got your good knife, spoon, fork set which you can use to eat all your food with and then you got your posh cutlery sets with your 5 varietys of spoons and fish forks and gold plated knifes which no one really needs and half the people dont know how to use, but the the people who do have these cutlery can look down on thoes usual people with their one fork , one spoon and one knife st

gramma is like that there are words that we all use and understand and then theres your snobby gramma that is kinda uneccersary
You're just bitter about getting 4/10. :smile:
Reply 11
:colondollar: 4 out of 10 too haha...........

genuinely got A*'s in my english lit & lang GCSE's though..

so what does that tell you about how easy GCSE english is? :tongue:
5/10. The one about Hilary was ridiculously hard? I still don't understand the Hilary/sibling question - Someone explain who has done the quiz?
Original post by cleveradam
5/10. The one about Hilary was ridiculously hard? I still don't understand the Hilary/sibling question - Someone explain who has done the quiz?

Spoiler

Original post by cambio wechsel

Spoiler

Still finding it hard to understand, I suppose I'll have a think over it.
Reply 15
Original post by cambio wechsel

Spoiler

That was the only question I got wrong, makes sense now!

Quick Reply

Latest