Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by michelfish
But
(2n)(2n-1)(2n+1) > 180000
when n > 28.234032708998406

Oh sorry my bad, those 3 consecutive intergers were for 6Sn :/
Stupid mistake...

****! How annoying!! Hopefully the grade boundaries won't be too high because a few of my friends found it hard! Maybe 64????
Reply 81
Original post by fizzbizz
Yeah I got N = 52
How dodgy was that triangle transformation question though
I think I got part a wrong, but I'm hoping they'll follow through the error to part c which asked for the matrix of a composite transformation

why do you think the transformation questions was dodgy?

(hi phee :wink: )

Posted from TSR Mobile

why do you think the transformation questions was dodgy?

(hi phee :wink: )
Reply 82
Original post by Lucas96
For the matrix enlargement then reflection, I did the reflection matrix multiplied by the enlargement is this correct????

Enlargement followed by the reflection!! R x E
Reply 83
Does anyone remember the trig question? Part b to be specific, where we had to show sin something into cos'?

Just.... how?! Had no idea how to do that question.

Screwed up the summation question (Badly), and I was so annoyed we didn't get a conics question! And there were 9 questions! /rage

Rest of it was okay, but all in all, bad experience if I do say so myself :| Reckon I've gotten a B........ I hope. Was looking forward to it as well :frown:

EDIT: Sorry. Found a previous post about the sin to cos question!
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 84
Original post by Maths93
I think it was just 1 0
0 3

Wasn't there a stretch in the x-direction too though

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 85
Original post by AlanDu
(z - 2i)*
= (x + iy -2i)*
= (x + (y - 2)i)*
= (x - (y - 2)i)
= (x - yi + 2i)

Does anyone roughly remember the full question with all parts? I don't seem to remember getting answers people are saying?
Reply 86

Posted from TSR Mobile

no
Reply 87

Posted from TSR Mobile

there was a similar question in one of the past papers! It didn't stretch in the x - direction
Reply 88
Original post by kingmango
Does anyone roughly remember the full question with all parts? I don't seem to remember getting answers people are saying?

I think that was question 4/5 (z-2i)* = 4ix +z ..... Sorry I don't really remember but it was something like that! And u had to find z at the end which was 1/3 + 2/3i
Reply 89
Original post by Vernish
The sine to cosine was really weird. I got there in the end, but I think there was a fair amount of "fudging" going on - I split the surd/fraction into two fractions, then dividing them both by the cos(pi/4), which I wouldn't have been able to do if they didn't give the answer, so I dunno if I'll get the marks for that one...

I think for the stretch in the matrix I got
[1 0]
[0 3]

Can anyone remember what quadratic they got for the ones with the roots?

I think I got 24x^2 +81x -146 =0 Seemed to work when I checked. I found the exam ok, but made lots of small arithmetic errors which meant once I had sorted those out I didn't really have any time to check. Any marks I lost will be due to silly mistakes :/
Reply 90
What a contrast! Take a look at the posts from the thread back in January and compare it with the posts in this thread (May 2013).
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2227643

I did the mock for January 2013 and found it incredibly easy, this one is much more difficult I think, other people in my class have also stated the same, but not sure if they are just trying to make me feel better though. :s-smilie:

I wonder if anyone found it easy. The main factor that affects the grades the most of this module (in my opinion) is the time. I literally had no time to double check or answer my questions rationally.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 91
OMDZ that transformation question just made sense to me- it was easy GRRRR just typical me complicating things. I had potential to get full marks in that paper :'(

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 92
What did everyone get for the integral question?
Original post by Maths93
Enlargement followed by the reflection!! R x E

I think it was reflection followed by enlargement cos it was from T1 to T3 and dont you always do second transformation multiply by first transformation?
Reply 94
Original post by AlanDu

-0.5?

EDIT: I mean -2.5
EDIT: or was it -0.5 LOL I CAN'T REMEMBER

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 95
Dear AQA,
FP1 Should be a 2 hour exam...
Reply 96
Original post by Europa192
I think I got 24x^2 +81x -146 =0 Seemed to work when I checked. I found the exam ok, but made lots of small arithmetic errors which meant once I had sorted those out I didn't really have any time to check. Any marks I lost will be due to silly mistakes :/

I got that equation... Could someone explain to me why N was not 29. Because when I put 29 into the equation it was slightly bigger than 180000....

I got 1/3 and 2/3 for my imaginary number question...

I got k=29 for the question where you had to write A-B+AB=kI ... But I'm not sure what other people got
the transformation question was a gift from heaven

for the trig question I got a=1/6 and b=2/3

anything else people ? I don't remember many of the specifics about that exam
Original post by AlanDu

i think i got -1/2 or 1/2 i cant remember but it definitely had a value
Because it was effectively a scalar, I don't think it mattered which way you did it. At least I got the same answer either way. Regarding which way the two matrices were multiplied

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 99
Original post by kesupile
I got that equation... Could someone explain to me why N was not 29. Because when I put 29 into the equation it was slightly bigger than 180000....

I got 1/3 and 2/3 for my imaginary number question...

I got k=29 for the question where you had to write A-B+AB=kI ... But I'm not sure what other people got
the transformation question was a gift from heaven

for the trig question I got a=1/6 and b=2/3

anything else people ? I don't remember many of the specifics about that exam

29 is the correct answer for 2n(2n-1)(2n+1) > 180000
but 2n(2n-1)(2n+1) is 6Sn

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending