Freshers week
University of Westminster
London
Visit website

University of Westminster- Freshers 2013/14

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by ShanaThomas92
Hey, I'm Shana and I will be studying English lit at Regent campus.
I'll be commuting at least for the first year :smile:

Hii, I'm Nourhan and I'm also gonna be studying English lit at Regent! :biggrin:
Freshers week
University of Westminster
London
Visit website
Reply 81
Original post by Vectress
Hii, I'm Nourhan and I'm also gonna be studying English lit at Regent! :biggrin:

Hi, I'm Joe and I will also be studying English Lit at Regent from September, really looking forward to it! :smile:
Reply 82
Just got an email from the accommodation folks, saying that I need to pay a booking fee of £250 to reserve a room, which I'm fine with- but then goes on to give me my rent information which is as follows;

"First instalment of rent is for a period of 17 weeks (17 x £159) = £2,703 due on 6th September 2013

Second Instalment of rent is for a period of 17 weeks (17 x £159)= £2,703 due on 14th January 2014

Third instalment of rent is for a period of 8 weeks (8 x £159) = £1,272 due on 29th April 2014"

I'm no way gonna be able to pay almost 3k by the 6th of sept... On the UoW's website it says- "
you will need to make an initial rent payment 8 weeks before moving in. The rest of the payments are broken down to coincide with the payment dates of the Student Loans Company".... I don't see how the email I got reconciles with what they've said on the website, i'm guessing student finance is paid out way after the 6th of sept??? HELP!?!?!!
Reply 83
Original post by Rad101
Just got an email from the accommodation folks, saying that I need to pay a booking fee of £250 to reserve a room, which I'm fine with- but then goes on to give me my rent information which is as follows;

"First instalment of rent is for a period of 17 weeks (17 x £159) = £2,703 due on 6th September 2013

Second Instalment of rent is for a period of 17 weeks (17 x £159)= £2,703 due on 14th January 2014

Third instalment of rent is for a period of 8 weeks (8 x £159) = £1,272 due on 29th April 2014"

I'm no way gonna be able to pay almost 3k by the 6th of sept... On the UoW's website it says- "
you will need to make an initial rent payment 8 weeks before moving in. The rest of the payments are broken down to coincide with the payment dates of the Student Loans Company".... I don't see how the email I got reconciles with what they've said on the website, i'm guessing student finance is paid out way after the 6th of sept??? HELP!?!?!!

Dude I'm freaking out too! But the website says don't do anything until you hear back from them!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 84
Original post by Sarah_twc
Dude I'm freaking out too! But the website says don't do anything until you hear back from them!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just called them up (student finance), they said that they'll sort it out with the uni so that I "should" have enough to pay the first installment- they also said that the first payment can be around £1,200 and the rest can be paid bit by bit.... the email was just worded ****ty. still stressin' like a MF!
Reply 85
Original post by JL23
Hi, I'm Joe and I will also be studying English Lit at Regent from September, really looking forward to it! :smile:

Im nervous about the strictness of the entry requirements though, English lit I can achieve! It's just my other a levels argh..
Reply 86
Original post by Rad101
Just called them up (student finance), they said that they'll sort it out with the uni so that I "should" have enough to pay the first installment- they also said that the first payment can be around £1,200 and the rest can be paid bit by bit.... the email was just worded ****ty. still stressin' like a MF!

You are a life saver! Maybe for Westminster students should get their loan earlier! Will student finance support all Westminster students? Should I call too?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 87
You are a life saver! Maybe for Westminster students should get their loan earlier! Will student finance support all Westminster students? Should I call too?

Posted from TSR Mobile

tbh I think we'll get the loans on time, or just about, ready to pay for rent... Yeah I think they do, don't see why not. If you have any specific questions then yeah go for it, I only asked them what I needed to know :biggrin: have a look at this though, should somewhat help you out http://www.aptstudents.com/documents
Reply 88
Original post by Rad101
tbh I think we'll get the loans on time, or just about, ready to pay for rent... Yeah I think they do, don't see why not. If you have any specific questions then yeah go for it, I only asked them what I needed to know :biggrin: have a look at this though, should somewhat help you out http://www.aptstudents.com/documents

Hmm okay I'll call them just in case :smile: xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 89
Original post by Rad101

Just called she said student loan will start 16th sept :/ she said when you get the declaration form apparently show the SLC form for prove and apparently the uni might take the payment a week later!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 90
Someone help! It says I need to pay 2703 in advance!? I don't even have that money this is part of the housing application !

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 91
Just called she said student loan will start 16th sept :/ she said when you get the declaration form apparently show the SLC form for prove and apparently the uni might take the payment a week later!

Posted from TSR Mobile

hmm, they told me that they didn't know when the loans would be paid out :s-smilie: 16th sept is when we start our courses, so I don't see why they'd pay the loans on that same day... all my brothers got their loans before they started their course............. i'm confused a little now. but as for that £2,703 you only need to pay £1,272 (so i'm guessing the loans will be paid around the 6th, give or take), then the rest you can pay bit by bit.... they confirmed twice when I called them
Reply 92
Original post by Rad101
hmm, they told me that they didn't know when the loans would be paid out :s-smilie: 16th sept is when we start our courses, so I don't see why they'd pay the loans on that same day... all my brothers got their loans before they started their course............. i'm confused a little now. but as for that £2,703 you only need to pay £1,272 (so i'm guessing the loans will be paid around the 6th, give or take), then the rest you can pay bit by bit.... they confirmed twice when I called them

The lady said that to me aswell she's not sure what date but when it's nearer the time call the uni to find out and well we'll have to take it from there anyone know how long till we know we've paid our deposit?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 93
Im sure that this company realises we're all poor students with no money till we get our loans, I wouldn't worry about it too much, im sure they'll be okay with accepting it a week or two late when they realise that no-one can pay it till the 16th!
Reply 94
I can't even get hold of them! Been trying since Tuesday; answer machine messages and email :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hello, I'm David from North London and I will be studying Accounting with Management BsC. Is anyone else doing this course ?!
has everybody received reservation fee emails?
Reply 97
Hello!
I'm Cosmin and I will be studying Marketing Communication, I will stay at Wembley.
I am a little concerned about the transport to the university. The Oyster for one month is pretty expensive (117pounds). Any recommendations?
Reply 98
Original post by supergod
Hello!
I'm Cosmin and I will be studying Marketing Communication, I will stay at Wembley.
I am a little concerned about the transport to the university. The Oyster for one month is pretty expensive (117pounds). Any recommendations?

Where did you get 117 from? It's around 1.30 each way from wembley and to wembley

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 99
Where did you get 117 from? It's around 1.30 each way from wembley and to wembley

Posted from TSR Mobile

Another way you could do it, get a student Oyster card I think about £10 and just top it up when you have to x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending