The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk X

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Tyrion_Lannister
No, what is it?

Zopiclone is a non-benzo sedative, or "Z-drug", prescribed for insomnia. It's probably a better bet than the benzos as it's specifically for sleeping, not just used off-label the benzos were designed with the idea of the user being able to function at the time, so they're deliberately not that sedative.

One thing is that I've always had to sneakily take my father's spare zopiclone, as they're very stingy about prescribing it to minors.
Original post by lethean girl
Zopiclone is a non-benzo sedative, or "Z-drug", prescribed for insomnia. It's probably a better bet than the benzos as it's specifically for sleeping, not just used off-label the benzos were designed with the idea of the user being able to function at the time, so they're deliberately not that sedative.

One thing is that I've always had to sneakily take my father's spare zopiclone, as they're very stingy about prescribing it to minors.

Oh right, I might ask about that. I've only tried benzos! I'm 18 so not a minor, but they were still weird about giving me diazepam
Original post by -FireFlies-
Lunch time :/ I have no idea how to feel about it tbh.. But I'm guessing its good if I don't have the voices in my head telling me not to eat it or purge right? I think that's good :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's definitely good. I wish they'd get out of mine, too! I don't hear a voice per se, but I have such strong intrusive thoughts that they're sometimes almost audible.
Original post by superwolf

Sounds like a great day, and well done for having some lunch. :smile:

It was :yep: Best day in quite a while!

Original post by IDukem

I will :smile: Careful, some film director might steal that plot line for their next rom-com :wink: Yeah i'm like that too haha so i'm a tad hypocritical when saying that :tongue: I'm shattered too, so i'm gonna chill out for the night :yep: Yeah i'd advice not sleeping on your laptop :tongue:

I'm getting through this noooooo question about it :biggrin: The hardest part is over and done with so it should be all right bar the dentist :smile: Haha maybe not that much but still a little at least :smile:

#TeamIBelieve :lovehug:

Hahaha if they do, they'll have me to answer to :judge::tongue:... haha you'll find someone one day, then you'll be the one whose all lovey dovey at the beach :wink:. Chilling out is good :yep: I was knackered last night.. ended up sleeping at half 1, didn't up till like 1pm :facepalm:

Yep that's the way forward :biggrin:.. Read the dentist went well so that's good :smile: So you can now just chillax! Haha okay maybe not empty it, but still, go out and enjoy yourself :tongue:

:lovehug:

It's always worth a try. :smile:

Ahh it didn't work.

That's definitely good. I wish they'd get out of mine, too! I don't hear a voice per se, but I have such strong intrusive thoughts that they're sometimes almost audible.

Bit of both really - voice/thoughts either way I hate them. Last night was the damn worst... and they've shut up now.. which I'm glad about!

I feel the same, i get such strong thoughts that i can't get rid of, and eventually it feels as if someone is shouting them at me.

I also have a habit of giving my thoughts visuals, even if i don't want to. Stuff like me being in agony and being torn apart by shadows, or being posessed. I know that's probably really weird...but they are thoughts that go around in my head constantly.
Reply 745

Thanks guys :h:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Had a pretty awesome day today :yep: Parents came to pick me up at 9, then went into town for a bit cause I needed to get a few things. I got a wee dongle thingy, so now I have proper internet at the hospital and can now use my laptop, instead of using my phone :woo:! Then went down to the beach (I have a thing for beaches :redface: I looooove them!) and had lunch there... I ate a bit of the lunch, and my parents were saying how proud there were of me for eating... It's been so long since I've seen them this happy before, and I hate breaking their hearts I really do :/. It was nice though I loved it! No arguing, or fighting just peace. Then went down to the beach and I just sat there staring out into the sea.. it was so calming and peaceful one of the reasons why I love going there. I just sat and thought about stuff.

And now I'm back home for a few hours... finally I can use my laptop! :biggrin: Absolutely shattered though, kept getting so dizzy and breathless.. but hey ho I enjoyed today :h: It's been a while since I've enjoyed a day out with my parents like this!

Hope everyone else is alright! :hugs:

Sounds really fun :smile: But it started raining here not long after.

Original post by IDukem

It's something i've become used to now but is still mentally painful.

:sadnod: :hugs:

--------------------------------------------------------------------

I decided to get with the times (and now that I had the chance to aswell)... aaaaaaaaaaaaand I'm now a proud new member of Skype :biggrin: Anyone got Skype? :ninja: I have no contacts :sad:

I've got Skype :ninja: avhhs1 :yep:

..............................................................................................................................................................

Well, yesterday was amazing. Went to some event and had a great time dancing and stuff :woo: At one point the alcohol got to me and I started feeling a bit dizzy and stuff. I guess that is how it feels being drunk? :tongue: (only started drinking recently :ninja:)

Meanwhile today was just **** :sad:
Reply 746
Cheers for the heads up :smile: just about to watch it so ill just skip past that bit :h: it's such a sad storyline for grantly isn't it?! :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

The remaining originals are disappearing and it's very sad indeed :sad:
Reply 747
Finally got my referral to CMHT today.. Really scared but really hopeful that this will help. Can anyone explain to me what the original assessment is like? Could do with some reassurance.. Trying to avoid panicking!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by avhhs
Sounds really fun :smile: But it started raining here not long after.

I've got Skype :ninja: avhhs1 :yep:

..............................................................................................................................................................

Well, yesterday was amazing. Went to some event and had a great time dancing and stuff :woo: At one point the alcohol got to me and I started feeling a bit dizzy and stuff. I guess that is how it feels being drunk? :tongue: (only started drinking recently :ninja:)

Meanwhile today was just **** :sad:

Yeah it was on off raining here too yesterday. Ach well still had a nice day for once :smile:

I think I've got the right person - at least I hope so :redface:... My name is just my username here :ninja:

Glad you had a nice day yesterday :smile: What's happened today? :hugs:

Original post by Deyesy
The remaining originals are disappearing and it's very sad indeed :sad:

I know right! It's so sad :frown:... The old series were a lot better before the move I reckon.. it started going drastically downhill when in Rachel left :sad:
Reply 749
Yeah it was on off raining here too yesterday. Ach well still had a nice day for once :smile:

I think I've got the right person - at least I hope so :redface:... My name is just my username here :ninja:

Glad you had a nice day yesterday :smile: What's happened today? :hugs:

Yeah you did get the right person :yep:

Just me being stupid, don't really want to say anything more here :smile:
need my brain to switch off now be going in circles!
Original post by avhhs
Yeah you did get the right person :yep:

Just me being stupid, don't really want to say anything more here :smile:

Haha just checking :ninja:

Ah okay well I now have you on skype so if ya wanna talk feel free to :tongue:
I missed today's chance to get out of the hospital, and am feeling awfully claustrophobic. I'm consoling myself with the vastness of the Internet.

I decided to get with the times (and now that I had the chance to aswell)... aaaaaaaaaaaaand I'm now a proud new member of Skype :biggrin: Anyone got Skype? :ninja: I have no contacts :sad:

My name is sjlbruce - add me if you like :smile: Also anyone else, add me too if you like :smile:
I missed today's chance to get out of the hospital, and am feeling awfully claustrophobic. I'm consoling myself with the vastness of the Internet.

:hugs: Are you voluntary? Usually you can get leave quite easily on voluntary, so hopefully you will be able to go out again soon.
Original post by bullettheory
:hugs: Are you voluntary? Usually you can get leave quite easily on voluntary, so hopefully you will be able to go out again soon.

I'm under a section. There was a patient trip, but I was in an exam while they were collecting people. Eee... I'm hoping for a few hours' leave on Sunday.
I'm under a section. There was a patient trip, but I was in an exam while they were collecting people. Eee... I'm hoping for a few hours' leave on Sunday.

Ah okay. That would be nice to get some leave on Sunday. I was always banned from going on the Walking Group when I was hospital (they didn't trust me not to do a runner :emo: ). Have they given you daily Sec 17 leave?
Reply 757
I know right! It's so sad :frown:... The old series were a lot better before the move I reckon.. it started going drastically downhill when in Rachel left :sad:

The good ole' days :moon: I've got such a soft spot for Grantly :redface:

Oh and my Skype is 'deyesy' :smile:
Original post by bullettheory
Ah okay. That would be nice to get some leave on Sunday. I was always banned from going on the Walking Group when I was hospital (they didn't trust me not to do a runner :emo: ). Have they given you daily Sec 17 leave?

No such luck, I'm afraid. Just one short supervised walk, and, depending on which nurses are on duty, sometimes I'm judged too much of a risk for that. ;;
Reply 759
Bleh so just went all melty melt flashback on bedroom floor. Bright side is it wasn't too long or intense (most likely due to having diazepam in system from taking about 2 hours before) so that's good I guess. Still icky and urgh.

Nut.
x

Thanks for getting me to bedroom. Would have been far less pleasant to go all dissolve on pavement.

Had two supervisions today but both of them went pretty well. Now only academic thing left is revision before exams start in a week and a day (scary). Gonna do a bit of work tonight, but then have a couple of glasses of wine and relax I think. Has been a tough day and I think I need to give myself a break before the next week kicks in.

Latest