The Student Room Group

Gcse spanish aqa reading/listening 17 may 2013!

Scroll to see replies

Also I've been revising weeks using a little maroon AQA vocab book. What also really helped was I went to the library and got out Harry Potter in Spanish - reading that has really helped with the reading. If anyone wants to try it, DON'T GIVE UP - the first few pages are a nightmare to get through but then you get into the flow of the language and everything starts to make much more sense than it did before.
Reply 101
Original post by joneso007
North was P+N, because was something and tasty food but the rain might spoil it. Centre was P I thought because said about capital and lovely countryside. Costa Brava was N - ruined by tourists, more English than Spanish. Last one was P or P+N but I can't remember it.

Yeah, I put those too. I think I put P for the last one but can't remember.
I thought both papers were relatively easy. I made some stupid mistakes on both, such as putting parrots on the island and HIV instead of AIDS, however I think I've secured around 30 marks on each paper which should be enough for an A*.
HIV you might get away with. Parrots perhaps not. I'm hoping for a high mark in both... fingers crossed!
Original post by Evefrm
Yeah, I put those too. I think I put P for the last one but can't remember.

same :smile:
Also, just remembered - the best thing worst thing about the holiday in the reading was that she could go with her boyfriend - the worst delay was because of the traffic on the motorway.
Reply 106
Also, just remembered - the best thing worst thing about the holiday in the reading was that she could go with her boyfriend - the worst delay was because of the traffic on the motorway.

YES. Got this one too. Can anybody remember what they put for the question on mobiles on the listening? The first option was 'I get one free with work' but I can't remember the question.
They could do all sorts on phones; Spelling was getting worse; People were becoming antisocial. Also the ones that thought they weren't necessary were C, D and E I think - again I can't quite remember.
(edited 10 years ago)
Don't worry if you lost some marks.

I did the exam last year and lost at least 3 marks on the reading paper but still got 60/60 UMS.
Reply 109
Yes to birds on island, also rubbish in river - married twice in 90 years.

i wrote she got married for a second time at ninety :confused:
Reply 110
Original post by HugeBicepLAD
Advantages:
Doctors: more pay
Flight attendant: free flights
Policeman: flexible hours
Musician: free mornings

Posted from TSR Mobile

do you think they'll accept well paid?
Reply 111
Original post by maxwynne
yeah she got married for the second time at ninety, I don't think you'd get in the news for being married twice in ninety years :tongue:

okay :smile: was that worth one or 2 marks?
IDK about old woman, I can't remember exactly what was said. I think it said that the pay was good for the doctor, yes.
Reply 113
Original post by ibbi1824
do you think they'll accept well paid?

Yeah I think that was the answer because if i remember it said 'buen pagado'
Reply 114
What did people say for the one about fires? Like the guy wanted to prevent fires in the ........ ???
Reply 115
Original post by moolia29
What did people say for the one about fires? Like the guy wanted to prevent fires in the ........ ???

forest.
Reply 116
Original post by dathtom
forest.

I knew it was forest but didn't know the fire bit! :/ :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes, fires in the forest. 'Incendios en los bosques' or something similar.
Original post by dathtom
forest.

they'll accept woods right?x
Reply 119
Original post by radhikagulati
they'll accept woods right?x

I would imagine so. since they're basically the same thing.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending