The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Robbie242
I agree, though if you did some of the standard edexcel review exercise, Q7 is nothing new, and then again it is just a matter of using you initiatives for normal resolving with angles.

From the UK paper I thought Moments, suvat and the lift were generally harder to picture, the friction question wasn't that hard you just had to be careful with your working out

I don't know. It's probably not best to ask me anyway; after learning up to and including M5 I have a warped sense of difficulty unrepresentative of how people will actually have found the paper. :tongue:
If I did AS maths on Edexcel is it possible to complete A Level Maths on CIE or would I've to redo it?

It's not a choice of mine btw.
Reply 1062
anybody do M3 and have the edexcel M3 textbook? Newtons law of gravitation p48 Q5, no idea Help!!
Reply 1063
Original post by DJMayes
I don't know. It's probably not best to ask me anyway; after learning up to and including M5 I have a warped sense of difficulty unrepresentative of how people will actually have found the paper. :tongue:

your doing up to M5??! woah. M3 please help me :tongue: do you have the edexcel M3 textbook, newtons law of gravitation p48 q5 I'm so stuck
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Say I got 96 in C2 now... Is that an ok average :frown:

= 277/300

Damn, M1 lost me a LOT

It's still 90%+ :redface:
Original post by JenniS
your doing up to M5??! woah. M3 please help me :tongue: do you have the edexcel M3 textbook, newtons law of gravitation p48 q5 I'm so stuck

Sorry, I gave in the textbook after the January exams. If you can post up the question I'll take a look at it though.
Reply 1066
Original post by DJMayes
Sorry, I gave in the textbook after the January exams. If you can post up the question I'll take a look at it though.

Its alright, I realised I'd forgotten a certain formula existed, problem solved! but thanks :tongue:
Original post by Boy_wonder_95
It's still 90%+ :redface:

I guess :frown: but Cambridge don't care that it's early... I should be aiming higher :lol:

Note: Cambridge isn't the be all and end all, but I'd still like to be a competitive applicant!
Original post by MAyman12
If I did AS maths on Edexcel is it possible to complete A Level Maths on CIE or would I've to redo it?

It's not a choice of mine btw.

You'd be able to :smile:. Your school may not allow it though. If they do, make sure that you know all of the CIE C1,C2 content instead Edexcel doesn't cover everything.
Anyone doing decision 2 aqa in June??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by reubenkinara
You'd be able to :smile:. Your school may not allow it though. If they do, make sure that you know all of the CIE C1,C2 content instead Edexcel doesn't cover everything.

Thank you:biggrin:
I did c1 monday and i think i got strong 90ums region but today i flopped s1 probably an E or a D is there anychance of me still getting an A if i tried c2 and aimed for 100UMS and is it possible? Btw lost marks on c1 due to rushing the end and forgetting to do -1/m.
Original post by LAZYABDI
I did c1 monday and i think i got strong 90ums region but today i flopped s1 probably an E or a D is there anychance of me still getting an A if i tried c2 and aimed for 100UMS and is it possible? Btw lost marks on c1 due to rushing the end and forgetting to do -1/m.

C1: 93
C2: 100

S1 you'd need 47/100 for am A.

Which is an E.
Original post by LAZYABDI

Well 45 UMS is the midpoint of E and D.
(100+45+9=235) Just short of the 240 (A) mark. Hopefully you've done better than you've thought. If not, it's still very possibly to attain an A* or A next year though so don't abandon hope, regardless of your results.
hours of revision and past papers went into C1 - I've dropped marks in that.hours of revision and 2 less past papers went into c2 - I just did that today and lost 12 marks by unattempted question - now the big test - s1 next Friday - I desperately need an A In maths but is there anything called luck to get me my A :frown:? If I'm lucky ill get an A on C1 a B/C on C2 and hopefully with hours of past papers done - 100ums on s1 - please let me be lucky :'(

Posted from TSR Mobile
I need srs exam technique help i either run out of time by being too careful or make ridicilous mistakes tht primary kids wouldnt make iv noticed after my first exam c1 iv grown a phobia of mistakes so iv become extra careful but this now made me work slower how do i manage my time and mistakes thihis has got me in a hole now :frown: c1 m1 s1 all str8 frwrd esp m1 my exam technique ruined rather my lack of being able to answer now i need to b perfect in c2-4
Original post by reubenkinara
Well 45 UMS is the midpoint of E and D.
(100+45+9=235) Just short of the 240 (A) mark. Hopefully you've done better than you've thought. If not, it's still very possibly to attain an A* or A next year though so don't abandon hope, regardless of your results.

I am hopeful about the c2 100 UMS and if i dont get an A this year i will redo s1 along with my chosen m1 next year hopefully but will be hard work.
Thanks
C1: 93
C2: 100

S1 you'd need 47/100 for am A.

Which is an E.

I am so hopeful but it depends i think i got 70/75 which is 93UMS. but s1 if i am not too hard probably dropped 20 marks i was taking my time and then in the end rushed it D:
I guess :frown: but Cambridge don't care that it's early... I should be aiming higher :lol:

Note: Cambridge isn't the be all and end all, but I'd still like to be a competitive applicant!

I feel like adding to your note by saying that, as someone not applying for Maths, you should not be worried if your Maths scores aren't quite as high as those applying for Maths. (I am not saying you necessarily are, just that it's easy to look at the scores of other people on this forum and be disheartened even if you and they are going for completely different things.)

(Also, 96/96 in C1/C2 are fine scores. M1 is understandably irritating but you have the chance to resit this if you want or to prove it was a fluke with M2.)
Original post by DJMayes
I feel like adding to your note by saying that, as someone not applying for Maths, you should not be worried if your Maths scores aren't quite as high as those applying for Maths. (I am not saying you necessarily are, just that it's easy to look at the scores of other people on this forum and be disheartened even if you and they are going for completely different things.)

(Also, 96/96 in C1/C2 are fine scores. M1 is understandably irritating but you have the chance to resit this if you want or to prove it was a fluke with M2.)

Although intended for L'EvilFish, I draw some solace from this post. Thanks DJMayes!

Latest

Trending

Trending