The Student Room Group

Can I apply for computer science with these AS levels?

I'm currently taking economics, law and psychology at AS level

Will I get an offer if I apply for computer science, given the fact I haven't taken any computer related subject but express interest to study it in my personal statement?

Also I have looked at computer science degrees on UCAS and only a selected few (e.g. imperial etc) require maths at A-level
Sorry, but you really do need maths for a computer science course have a look at this thread if you don't believe me

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=659044

Quote from Tut.exe (Vengeful, Imperial Overlord of The Student Room)
".....the very important thing is maths...."
Original post by morewig
I'm currently taking economics, law and psychology at AS level

Will I get an offer if I apply for computer science, given the fact I haven't taken any computer related subject but express interest to study it in my personal statement?

Also I have looked at computer science degrees on UCAS and only a selected few (e.g. imperial etc) require maths at A-level

Unless you apply to a uni with subject requirements you will be considered with everyone else :smile:. Write a good PS.
Reply 3
Original post by jashfield730
Sorry, but you really do need maths for a computer science course have a look at this thread if you don't believe me

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=659044

Quote from Tut.exe (Vengeful, Imperial Overlord of The Student Room)
".....the very important thing is maths...."

Unis that absolutely require Maths are Top 10 or maybe Top 15 unis.
I know people who are studying CS at Russel Group unis without Maths.

Op, I would email unis and ask
Reply 4
Don't want to hijack this thread, but what about Computing at A/AS-Level? Would I still need Maths to study Computer Science?
Reply 5
Original post by jay_em
Don't want to hijack this thread, but what about Computing at A/AS-Level? Would I still need Maths to study Computer Science?

Depends on the Uni.

Quick Reply

Latest