Scroll to see replies

Original post by Maths93
[rt(3)/2 3/2]
[1/2 -3rt(3)/2]

I'm sorry, that's wrong. y=root3x

tanx=root3
x=60

2x=120 (reflection)

(cos120, sin120, sin120, (-)cos120) = (-1/2, root3/2, root3/2, +1/2)

multiply by (1,0,0,3) you get (-1/2, 3root3/3, root3/2, +3/2)

Thanks.
What was the answer to that question about why p-qi isn't a solution to the weird quadratic? I said the coefficient of a z is non-real and went on blabbering. What precisely were they looking for? Was non-real coefficients sufficient?
Original post by kingmango
Can someone tell me how they got 1/3 and 2/3 for the complex no. question?

can you remember the question?, if so I can.
Did anyone get p = -7 for the matrices answer?
Original post by GeneralOJB
What was the answer to that question about why p-qi isn't a solution to the weird quadratic? I said the coefficient of a z is non-real and went on blabbering. What precisely were they looking for? Was non-real coefficients sufficient?

that's the right answer, non-real coefficients, the exact question was on a past paper (1 mark).
Original post by AlanDu

yes and k=-27
Reply 146

I think I did something similar. I went on about how if you added the roots, the +qi and the -qi cancelled out, leaving you with a real coefficient of z, but in the quadratic they gave, it was 10iz, imaginary.
Reply 147
Original post by noobslayer

tanx=root3
x=60

2x=120 (reflection)

Thanks.

Oh right! I did it the other way! Thanksssss
can you remember the question?, if so I can.

No sorry I can't. Can anyone remember the complex number question? or a solution to 1/3 and 2/3?
Reply 149
Original post by Lucas96
For the matrix enlargement then reflection, I did the reflection matrix multiplied by the enlargement is this correct????

That's what I did but I got really random surds :s

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by R4ch3l
That's what I did but I got really random surds :s

Posted from TSR Mobile

The answer is a couple comments above.
Reply 151

Omg I just remembered I wrote it does not have integer co-efficients! I didn't put the real bit :angry:

EDIT: Then again its sort of implied I guess? Because an 'integer' can only be real? Hopefully I have an understanding examiner. I wrote like a paragraph for that answer to show I know what I was on about, yet forgot to mention they have to be real :frown:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 152
Original post by AlanDu

Yeah I did. And then k was -27

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 153
On the series question, what did people get as the integer inside the bracket? I got 4...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 154

tanx=root3
x=60

2x=120 (reflection)

Thanks.

I now hate you for correcting me though
Grade Boundary guess anyone? I'd be happy with a high B, I reckon I can still A* the course with that.
A?
B?
C?
Reply 156
Original post by RuSSeLLMaGuiRe
Grade Boundary guess anyone? I'd be happy with a high B, I reckon I can still A* the course with that.
A?
B?
C?

I keep saying it but nobody is commenting! I think 64 for a
Original post by Annie_o
On the series question, what did people get as the integer inside the bracket? I got 4...

I got 4 as well
Reply 158
Original post by Annie_o

Y
Posted from TSR Mobile

yh same
Original post by kingmango
No sorry I can't. Can anyone remember the complex number question? or a solution to 1/3 and 2/3?

I think it was solve the equation for (z-2i)*=4iz+3

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending