The Student Room Group

If you really care, let them go?

Anon please. We're 2nd years at Uni. We're acquaintance and had a one night stand a while back, and haven't really run into each other since much - I still fancy her. She just found out she's got an internship with a large company next year. Somehow I'm actually happy for her. I've always liked that she is game for anything with enthusiasm. That when she has her eyes set she goes for it.

The thing is I know I'm not who I want to be yet - and have much to go. I'm not in a position to ask her to stay - nor do I want to, cos the last thing I want is to hold her back, or vice versa. The last thing young people need, is long distance relationship. If she can find someone else at the internship year - I'll still sort of be half happy for her, etc. Is that strange? If you really care for someone who's speeding just out of reach - let them go because you've got to?

Anyway I've got 2 tickets to prom - rather is it owe depart having a good time - I'm actually happy thinking about this. I don't get the logic for this. Is this bizarre?
An LDR can work, and it's only about 9 months of the year. Does she not live anywhere remotely close to you either at uni or back home? You could just wait, if she's as good as you think though, she'll be gone within that time.
Reply 2
Talk to her about it. Sounds like you like her. You could be long distance, though it depends how far really. Different county? Different state? Might as well try, you may regret it if you don't. On the other hand, you may get over her
Reply 3
Original post by beckaroo7
Talk to her about it. Sounds like you like her. You could be long distance, though it depends how far really. Different county? Different state? Might as well try, you may regret it if you don't. On the other hand, you may get over her

200 miles from uni. 140 miles from hers.
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
200 miles from uni. 140 miles from hers.

How much would the train cost? Or coach etc? You could make it work? Seems a shame to let distance get in the way
Reply 5
Original post by beckaroo7
How much would the train cost? Or coach etc? You could make it work? Seems a shame to let distance get in the way

You are so right. :eek: looking back it looks like I sorted given up already when she's not even gone?!

Wow thanks for waking me up.
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous
You are so right. :eek: looking back it looks like I sorted given up already when she's not even gone?!

Wow thanks for waking me up.

No problem. I wish you the best :smile:
Reply 7
You're right in letting her go. You are both young, have a lot of growing up to do (which her new job is part of), you will most likely also grow up separately, as you won't be living the same place (you'll be shaped by the people you surround yourself with - and that's not you).
You will meet someone new. It's great that you have a good attitude though.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending