I don't think so, you get x= 1 / 15 and y= 11/15 for that

I swear it was +3
Original post by Annie_o
Wasn't it 2ix not 4

Posted from TSR Mobile

with 2ix+3 you get a=-1/3 and b=5/3

2ix-3 you get a=5/3 and b=-7/3
Original post by FPSMaestro
I think you had to integrate x^-2(2x^4 + 2rootx) I think...

Hmmm i don't remember seeing 2X^4 anywhere.
Reply 184
Original post by noobslayer
with 2ix+3 you get a=-1/3 and b=5/3

2ix-3 you get a=5/3 and b=-7/3

Check 4ix +3 again because I swear it is tht! Anyway it doesnt matter I think the answer was 1/3 and 2/3
Original post by Maths93
Check 4ix +3 again because I swear it is tht! Anyway it doesnt matter I think the answer was 1/3 and 2/3

I absolutely agree, I got the same answer.
Original post by Maths93

yeah but out of 4ix,2ix +3 and -3, none of those combinations give 1/3 and 2/3.
Original post by ThatLithuanian
Hmmm i don't remember seeing 2X^4 anywhere.

Sorry mate I'm not sure. Hopefully someone will put up the exam paper with answers soon!
So seeing as the last 5 papers in June for this exam had 61 for an A does anyone agree that the grade for an A will be lower this time? 56 for an A anyone?
Reply 189
So seeing as the last 5 papers in June for this exam had 61 for an A does anyone agree that the grade for an A will be lower this time? 56 for an A anyone?

June 2010 68 was an A

60/75=80%, which is what the A grade should be. Bearing in mind the grade boundaries in Mathematics as a subject are generally some of the steepest at A level, it is very unlikely the A grade will be below 60.
yeah but out of 4ix,2ix +3 and -3, none of those combinations give 1/3 and 2/3.

are you sure you have the right value for (z-2i)*? may that's why.... im pretty sure i got 1/3 and 2/3
Original post by Annie_o
Same! Hahaha. I've got M1 and M2 coming up too and FP1 was my best out of the three so I'm really gutted that today's paper wasn't brilliant.

Posted from TSR Mobile

FP1 is probably my weakest point, i only have M1 coming up and I think that's my strongest point! I really wished this paper was easier though cause then it wouldn't have to depend so much on my applied modules XD
Original post by appleuae123
are you sure you have the right value for (z-2i)*? may that's why.... im pretty sure i got 1/3 and 2/3

x-i(y-2)

56 for an A my arse, 62-64 I guess.
Reply 195
56 for an A my arse, 62-64 I guess.

Yh I agree
Reply 196
Original post by robertparsloe
I found this was the only exam I have ever run out of time on a maths exam,
It just didn't feel right as a paper in general :frown:

i felt exactly the same, normally i have enough time to finish the paper and go back to the harder questions to do them again but i didn't even have time to do that today. I think i dropped quite a few marks looking at what people have said on here, hopefully an A though if the grade boundaries at about 60/75!
Reply 197
Original post by sohailkm96
FP1 is probably my weakest point, i only have M1 coming up and I think that's my strongest point! I really wished this paper was easier though cause then it wouldn't have to depend so much on my applied modules XD

Yeah exactly, same. Not sure how I'll do in M1 sometimes I do really well, others not so good. M2 is horrible which is why I needed fp1 to go well...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Whilst I agree 56 may be quite low, if previous exams were around 61 for an A then the region of 57-58 is not totally impossible. It was miles harder than previous papers and they should adjust accordingly.
How many marks was the complex numbers question where the solution were 1/3 and 2/3? And how many marks will i lose if i made 1 mistake during the whole calculation of that question?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending