The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE English Literature Exams - 20th and 23rd May 2013 *OFFICAL THREAD*

Scroll to see replies

Reply 400
Hi, I was just wondering if we got a question about the scene where Curley's wife dies and the presentation of George and Lennie there, which passage do you think might come up? and how would you be able to link it in context with the novel?

Any suggestions will be very useful, thanks in advance! :smile:
I have my Literature exam on Monday and I will be answering the questions on Lord of the Flies and To Kill a Mockingbird. I am really worried, English has never been my strongest point. I have no idea how to revise for it. Should I just go over chapter summaries? Also, how many quotes should you aim to use in an essay? Is it better to learn quotes off by heart or just learn the chapters that they are in and find them in the exam? I am tempted to use the latter method because some of the quotes I have found are quite long...

Any help appreciated.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by BenAssirati
I do, and I will be making a thread on here today with a whole revision guide type thing :smile: I already have one up for Mr Pip if you want to check it out?

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2353926

OMsdkgjljsdlflidjsi ghjrhlrshgljlgnj thank you so much, you're a life saver! :smile: can you please send me the link when you're done?

EDIT: never mind I found the thread, thanks for the help.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 403
Original post by ChiaraNicole
is there anyone here taking woman in black? looked through most of the pages of this thread and not many people seem to be doing it..

I'm doing The Woman in Black too. It's annoying because it's one of the more rarely chosen books so resources for revision are more scarce. Thankfully you can choose between two questions, I always like to choose the one you can answer with PEE analysis because it doesn't require much background knowledge on the book.
Hey guys!What do you think will come up?I've done a few sample essays on Curley's wife and how women were treated at that time & a brief analysis on George and Lennie.I didn't do Curley or Crooks as they already came up.And for inspector calls im expecting Mrs.Birling to come up or Eva Smith but I'm not sure?Im retaking this exam because I was 'accidently'put in for foundation as my teacher says,I found it too easy and managed to get a C.So that's why i need to do it again.Life would've been so much easier if she put me in for higher!-.-
Original post by Natalia_14
Hey guys!What do you think will come up?I've done a few sample essays on Curley's wife and how women were treated at that time & a brief analysis on George and Lennie.I didn't do Curley or Crooks as they already came up.And for inspector calls im expecting Mrs.Birling to come up or Eva Smith but I'm not sure?Im retaking this exam because I was 'accidently'put in for foundation as my teacher says,I found it too easy and managed to get a C.So that's why i need to do it again.Life would've been so much easier if she put me in for higher!-.-

That's such a shame!!! I think you've made a mistake Curley's Wife HAS come up and Curley hasn't I'm afraid! I'm doing AIC too and I'm thinking those and maybe Eric as well. They'll probably be cleaver and do Eva/Edna we'll see...
Reply 406
(edited 10 years ago)
Anyone doing To kill a mockingbird?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by THEMathlete
Anyone doing To kill a mockingbird?

Posted from TSR Mobile

me!:woo:
anyone want to revise?
Original post by NinjaPandaa
me!:woo:

me I think Jem's rite of passage and growing up may come up
Reply 411
Original post by lilacwanda28

What are you aiming for?? - im guessing an A*

Have you got any idea of the type of question that might come up??
im thinking Ralph... or the conch.... hbu??

ryan
Reply 412
Original post by Ammy97
Which characters are likely to come up in AIC?

Many thanks

100% sure that Gerald is coming up this year. This is according to one of the chief examiners I'm related to
Original post by Chicago
100% sure that Gerald is coming up this year. This is according to one of the chief examiners I'm related to

Didn't Gerald come up last year..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 414
Original post by ThatGirlx

Posted from TSR Mobile

No last year was the Inspector
Original post by ThatGirlx

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by Chicago
No last year was the Inspector

Gerald came up in January 2012, so it's unlikely to be him. I'm thinking Eric may come up!
Reply 416
Original post by Instinct01
Gerald came up in January 2012, so it's unlikely to be him. I'm thinking Eric may come up!

No the Gerald question was how do you respond to him but this year it will be a quote from him then it will ask how does Priestley present xyz ...
If anyone wants an essay on Curleys wife for OMAM, I have one that's just been marked an A* that I'd be happy to share x
Original post by astarlover
If anyone wants an essay on Curleys wife for OMAM, I have one that's just been marked an A* that I'd be happy to share x

Please can you share it with me :smile:
Reply 419
Original post by ChiaraNicole
is there anyone here taking woman in black? looked through most of the pages of this thread and not many people seem to be doing it..

Hey, I'm doing it! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending