The Student Room Group

Edexcel S1 A Level Maths

Scroll to see replies

Reply 720
I complete and utterly monged out on the F(Y) question, cya 8 marks, christ im gonna be sick
my GOOOOOOOD that was hard.
The Venn diagram???
venn diagram was weiiiiiirddd !! apart from that, it was okay :biggrin:
Venn diagram : what I drew : a circle in the middle representing B .... and 3 circles around B (F,H, C) intersecting it ... and F, H and C don't intersect.. i dont remember the values in them though
Okay. Could have been worse.

I want to know if I got my venn diagram right though....

Come on Arsey!!! :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 726
The first 4 questions were very easy I though, then came the 5th I did most of it but got stuck on the last one. The 6th was probably the hardest normal distribution I've seen, I don't know about others though.

BTW, what did you guys do for the Venn Diagram?
Reply 727
Original post by sandrabondaruk
What the hell was that Venn diagram question about?!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

My teacher said it included 5 circles. One in the middle and the other four on the sides..... a lot for 4 four marks
Reply 728
think for the venn diagram you just had to draw B in middle, having three other sets overlapping with B but not with each other. does that sound right?
Paper was alright except some silly mistakes i made because i didn't get time to check over the paper :/
Reply 730
This paper traumatised pretty much everyone at my college. Personally I didn't think it was horrifically difficult overall, besides one or two questions, but I found it took me FAR longer than any of the practise papers. I'm sure I've missed out marks because I didn't have enough time to thoroughly check everything.
Reply 731
Original post by HQazi
Posted from TSR Mobile

My teacher said it included 5 circles. One in the middle and the other four on the sides..... a lot for 4 four marks

your teacher isn't very good at stats then
Reply 732
Original post by zubhav
Venn diagram : what I drew : a circle in the middle representing B .... and 3 circles around B (F,H, C) intersecting it ... and F, H and C don't intersect.. i dont remember the values in them though

Thank ****! That's what I did, I spent around 10 minutes trying to figure it out.
Tough but on the whole pretty manageable.

No idea with the Venn Diagram question, however.
Original post by zubhav

I had that, and the middle of the B circle not overlapping had 0 in

I remember one overlap had 16 in...I think.... And one had 35 maybe? I really can't remember

I remember by probability of the bus came to 1/4 though

But yes I did the same as you for the venn diagram

(edited 10 years ago)
That paper was nothing short of horrific.
I think I'd be lucky to get a C. :colonhash:
Original post by zubhav

i did thatt and then half way i gave up because i thought i was wrong :frown: probz got 2/4 marks in that then
Reply 737
Original post by g.k.galloway
I had that, and the middle of the B circle not overlapping had 0 in

I remember one overlap had 16 in...I think.... And one had 35 maybe? I really can't remember

I remember by probability of the bus came to 1/4 though

I think it was something like 16,33 and 20something.
Reply 738
Minus that dang Venn Diagram and my retarded mistake on the cumulative distribution question I thought that was a pretty good paper
Thought the paper was generally alright! :h:

Although the examiners try to choke you with some questions: the Venn diagram and 6)c) (normal distribution) were right ********! :rant:

Hopefully the mark scheme will be up soon! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending