The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Sorry to be an absolute idiot arsey and people, but havent you drawn the outlier wrong because it is 14 and you have crossed 24.
Reply 41
Original post by Dr. Django
WOOOO got 73/74

It's out of 75...
Original post by PeterMcQuaid
Bad times...

hence 'woo' implying happiness :biggrin:
Original post by JAJC
Is it me or should the outlier be on 14?

Yeah you're right!
Hey so in the venn diagram instead of putting the actual numbers I put probabilities ...is that ok ???

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 45
Also for 4f I kinda messed up, I put the sd doesn't change, mean will decrease by 5, LQ and UP will decrease by 5 therefore IQR will also decrease by 5. Stupid mistake I know, but will I lose marks?
Reply 46
Made a stupid error on the box plot, used the Upper Quartile instead of the lower quartile for the score exceeded by 75%. Also for some reason when I calculated Var(x) I got 1.91 so I've lost another mark there, should hopefully pick up follow through marks though.
Solid paper 73/75 or 72/75 I think.
Original post by lou_100
It's out of 75...

He means he reckons he got 73-74 marks out of 75.
Original post by Michael12345
Hey so in the venn diagram instead of putting the actual numbers I put probabilities ...is that ok ???

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Im sure its fine, thats what i did
THanks again Arsey, i thinki i got around 65, hopfully an A, thanks for putting up d1 aswell
Original post by Robbie242
This is what my logic was, if your subtracting a lower mean, surely the sd will increase?

dont think so cos the s.d isnt affected by subtraction/addition ?
Reply 51
Original post by nukethemaly
kinda struggling to prove to the sexist person who wrote this paper that girls ARE better at maths after calculating my total marks.

There's a question in the edexcel textbook where females marks are higher than males on a box-plot so I suggest you complain elsewhere feminazi
Original post by James A

That's exactly what I meant! sorry for any lack of clarity
Reply 53
what are usually the grade boundaries in s1 for 90% and 100%
Original post by James A

hey for Q4e) i simply put the data was heavily skewed - didnt put positive or negative would i still get the mark you reckon ?
Reply 55
Original post by Fas
dont think so cos the s.d isnt affected by subtraction/addition ?

If you refer to the formula though I thought maybe it would, but perhaps that would me the value of fx^2/sum of f would be lower to compensate for it, well there's another mark down the drain
Reply 56
For venn diagram got shape and intersections right but forgot other values in the circles. also miscalculated the sum of midpoints. how many marks lost? please reply
There's a question in the edexcel textbook where females marks are higher than males on a box-plot so I suggest you complain elsewhere feminazi

wow tough crowd

:rofl:

PRSOM

Reckon you did well on this paper Robbie?
This is what my logic was, if your subtracting a lower mean, surely the sd will increase?

Don't forget that Sigma(fx^2) is also affected by the values for x decreasing, not just sigma(fx)...