The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by WorthaGo
Made a stupid error on the box plot, used the Upper Quartile instead of the lower quartile for the score exceeded by 75%. Also for some reason when I calculated Var(x) I got 1.91 so I've lost another mark there, should hopefully pick up follow through marks though.
Solid paper 73/75 or 72/75 I think.

haha i did this too
oh well, only one mark...
Reply 61
Everything went really well except for question 4, might manage an A if I'm lucky :smile:
Original post by Fas
hey for Q4e) i simply put the data was heavily skewed - didnt put positive or negative would i still get the mark you reckon ?

Dunno m8, haven't done S1 for just under two years.
Reply 63
Original post by dancergirl
haha i did this too
oh well, only one mark...

Me too!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 64
Original post by OllieGCSEs
For the last question, I remember getting an answer of 4.85 for the s.d because i foolishly converted 98% into it's value from the table and saying that it was equal to P(W<210) - P(W<200), do you (anyone who reads this) believe i could get a couple of method marks from this?

I also done this, cant remember my value, but it seems a correct one surely?
Reply 65
Original post by chigyy
I got the whole last question wrong, but will I get any method marks?

Original post by chigyy
Also for 4f I kinda messed up, I put the sd doesn't change, mean will decrease by 5, LQ and UP will decrease by 5 therefore IQR will also decrease by 5. Stupid mistake I know, but will I lose marks?

Anyone?
Reply 66
Original post by Titus20
For venn diagram got shape and intersections right but forgot other values in the circles. also miscalculated the sum of midpoints. how many marks lost? please reply

please respond somebody
Reply 67
Original post by nukethemaly
kinda struggling to prove to the sexist person who wrote this paper that girls ARE better at maths after calculating my total marks.

IT WAS SO SEXIST! I was silently fuming when I read that question.
Reply 68
Original post by James A
:rofl:

PRSOM

Reckon you did well on this paper Robbie?

nope lol bombed it, 9marks gone 66/75 I wonder what that is, I got 63/75 for M1 so no comment really
Original post by chigyy
I got the whole last question wrong, but will I get any method marks?

I think you need to elaborate on this statement before expecting any constructive responses
For 1f, I worked out the temperature at 1000m then the temperature at 500m and subtracted- is this wrong? :s-smilie:

For 4e, I worked out using quartiles that the data was negatively skewed, but the data table made it seem positively skewed, so I just gave my reasoning as that the data is skewed, would I lose marks for not stating if positively or negatively?

And I did the same thing as a few other people; I forgot to put 0s in the Venn diagram and just left it blank. Will we lose marks for that?

Apart from that, I'm pretty happy with this paper. Hopefully the grade boundaries won't be ridiculously high.
Original post by must try harder.
Thank you so much for posting! :smile:

Also, does anyone know previous years UMS boundaries so for 90 -100 UMS etc?

Got a bit stuck on the Venn diagram question. I figured that if the event B was that an employee takes the bus to work, B would be a subset of each three circles :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

marks out of 75 for 100 , then 90
jan 13 75, 68
jun 12 75, 68
jan 12 72, 66
jun 11 75, 68
Reply 72
well i ****ed that up - in past papers was getting like 73/75, ill probably get like 55-60 on this ****...the regression equation was ****...would i lose all 7 marks for that question all because i got the equation wrong???
Reply 73
If I have Q6b as 2.74% rather than 0.0274 will I get the marks?
Original post by Abbseh

I was fuming because I couldn't do the Venn diagram!
I think I lost 7-8 marks in total.... and they were all stupid mistakes or wordy questions .... venn diagrams ftw
Reply 76
Original post by Abbseh

There is one in the edexcel textbook dated 5years ago where females exceed males, its not sexist you mong
Reply 77
hey, for the box plot one, i worked out the outliers but i stupidly forget to put them on the actual box plot. how many marks would i lose for this?
Reply 78
Original post by OllieGCSEs
I think you need to elaborate on this statement before expecting any constructive responses

Basically I used the wrong value from the formula sheet.

But I used the actual formula : X-mean/sd = the figure from formula sheet
Original post by Fas
hey for Q4e) i simply put the data was heavily skewed - didnt put positive or negative would i still get the mark you reckon ?

I think the main thing you had to write was skewed and you would get marks as if you used the Q3 - Q2 and Q2 - Q1 method you would get negative skew so I don't really think mention neg or pos matters.

Latest

Trending

Trending