The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Original post by Arsey

I don't do S2 :frown:

When the time comes, will it be possible to upload the paper so we can discuss answers easier? Ie- let everyone contribute to making 1 general mark scheme.

Reply 121
Original post by Hare-Krishna
it said give as %, think arsey's sol'ns don't have % but should.

Original post by nukethemaly
you're right because they asked for PERCENTAGE

Thank you!
Reply 122
Original post by Titus20
HELP

Can you be more specific? Yes marks would have been lost but it's hard to help you work out how many :/

For the diagram, what numbers did you not include?
Reply 123
Original post by Arun1323
on your mark scheme, they asked for a percentage in the final question, but you put your answer as a decimal. I did that in the exam, would I lose a mark then?

thats what i thought, i put % next to mine..
Reply 124
Original post by OllieGCSEs
Arsey has probably gone to bed, give him a rest, have you seen how many questions have been spurted out in the minutes since midnight? Give him a break, be appreciative, and also, be patient

Posted from TSR Mobile

If he's in bed, this comment on The Student Room is hardly gonna disturb him is it.
Much better than I thought, there's a mistake in the model answers btw, for box plot question the lower outlier (14) was marked on as 24.
Thanks for the upload !

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 126
well i ****ed that up - in past papers was getting like 73/75, ill probably get like 55-60 on this ****...the regression equation was ****...would i lose all 7 marks for that question all because i got the equation wrong???
For the box + whisker will I be docked marks for drawing the whiskers at the maximum/minimum values which aren't outliers rather than at the level of the outliers? thanks
I wrote down the IQR NOT in 3s.f., do I get a mark deducted?
In q1 I used the full calculator values for the calculation of the r and the rest of the question...if I remember I got the same values as the model answers though, so I don't know if I'll lose out marks in part a for not mentioning 3 significant figures or what....other than that I believe full marks

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 130
Original post by Arun1323
for the final dice question (sum of 2), I added 0.1 and 0.1 instead of multiplying. stupid I know.. would I lose both marks or just one?

Probably both, sorry, as accuracy obviously isn't correct and the method is wrong as you added not multiplied. If there was a third mark, then you'd have probably got that for the correct values, but sadly not :frown:
Arsey has probably gone to bed, give him a rest, have you seen how many questions have been spurted out in the minutes since midnight? Give him a break, be appreciative, and also, be patient

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well said. Some of you lot need to be grateful that we have Arsey in the first place to upload solutions with the paper at least.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I agree with you but you must understand that it is extremely frustrating when you don't know how badly you've messed up. Not that Arsey should be disturbed. Also who really knows how many marks lost?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 133
Original post by mahatma ghandi
For the box + whisker will I be docked marks for drawing the whiskers at the maximum/minimum values which aren't outliers rather than at the level of the outliers? thanks

Normally, in past papers they have allowed that as an alternative. So, probably not.
Original post by Tee Logan x
Me too! I know right, it's because in other papers for those sort of qs we always give answers to 2dp. They never say to 3.s.f. How did you think you did?

Despite it being a pretty standard paper, I dropped really silly marks (exhibit A) and i'm kinda hating myself even more over that, but I think I may have just made it into an A or maybe missed it by a mark or so. So eeeep, we'll see. how was it for you?
Reply 135
That Venn Diagram has killed me, with the following question. Was looking at above 70, but being unable to understand that venn diagram means its mid 60's, really annoyed by that, otherwise the paper was fine
Reply 136
Original post by Titus20
lose one mark

for venn diagram?
Reply 137
Original post by Tee Logan x
What do you mean its an 'awful mistake'? Hopefully i only lose 1 mark

I done the same and I think it is, just losing a mark for no reason
Original post by Titus20
If he's in bed, this comment on The Student Room is hardly gonna disturb him is it.

Okay granted, but what I was trying to say was that he'll answer your question in due course, probably not right this instant
Reply 139
For the probability question, part d, I started off my working out by doing 10% of full itime workers etc and I worked out all the percentages clearly. Will I at least get a mark for this?

Latest

Trending

Trending