The Student Room Group

Arsey's D1 Edexcel Summer 2013 Model Solutions BOTH PAPERS

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Anyone else notice how they decided not to include O in the alphabet for the last question, spent 2 minutes searching for it thinking I'd gone letter blind.
for the cascade diagram, if you had drawn all the activities in, but get the floats wrong for some, or even get the actual activity times wrong, how many marks can you get up to?
Original post by Arsey
yes, sounds okay. It is going to be a nightmare to mark this question.

I said something along the lines of "for every 2 2-seater boats there must be atleast 3 or more 3-seater boats" would that get any marks?
Reply 63
Original post by Arsey
looks fine to me.

thank you , arsey in ur gantt you did not include activity G
Reply 64
Original post by posthumus
I think that's what I wrote... or I might have done 2/3. Becoming paranoid here :tongue:

I got 7 e) wrong as well as quick sort :frown: And Kruskal's... no way I can get A now

no point worrying about it now. Save your energy for smashing the other modules. Win the war, accept loses in battles.
Original post by ivyb
Anyone else notice how they decided not to include O in the alphabet for the last question, spent 2 minutes searching for it thinking I'd gone letter blind.

Same, i checked a good 4-5 times before i crossed o out on the list :smile:
Reply 66
I think that's what I wrote... or I might have done 2/3. Becoming paranoid here :tongue:

I got 7 e) wrong as well as quick sort :frown: And Kruskal's... no way I can get A now

I am sure ,you did well in the others :smile:
Original post by ivyb

Loool i had the same problem, i thought i missed it out, the people who create the papers really want to piss us off
Reply 68
Original post by Arsey
no method, no reason, no accuracy mark.

If I spotted time 25 but wrong number of workers, would I get any markers?

Also is Cascade card ecf on completing the diagram? Not all but if 1 slipped will I be penalized twice?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 69
Original post by otrivine
thank you , arsey in ur gantt you did not include activity G

:eek:

FFS! I even wrote out which letters I needed to do.

Hands up who spent 5 min looking for O :smile:

Damn you Edexcel and your stupidly big Gantt chart.
Original post by Arsey
no point worrying about it now. Save your energy for smashing the other modules. Win the war, accept loses in battles.

Thank you for the advice sir, I must prepare for the next battle :smile:

Also appreciate you posting these, you are one dedicated teacher! I am jealous of your pupils :tongue:

Anyways - good night all ! :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 71
Original post by 0rdj8hr
Any idea of marks lost for correct answer for 3a but with distance matrix defaced (no correct labelling or anything) and x and y found for 6d but min cost not stated?
Thanks

Anyone able to estimate?
Original post by Arsey

Me!

I then realized it might be because they don't want to mix O with 0?
Reply 73
Original post by Arsey

Its fine :smile:

I said 5 activities because at time 12 activities F,D,E,H,(G may happen) will be happening
Reply 74
Thank you for the advice sir, I must prepare for the next battle :smile:

Also appreciate your posting these, you are one dedicated teacher! I am jealous of your pupils :tongue:

Anyways - good night all ! :smile:

I quite agree and they should remember this come leaving time, red or white I am not fussy (and remember what goes on in SR stays in SR).

Sid was very relieved when I told him :wink:
Reply 75
Original post by Arsey
I quite agree and they should remember this come leaving time, red or white I am not fussy (and remember what goes on in SR stays in SR).

Sid was very relieved when I told him :wink:

Sir I wrote x =54 and y=36

but did not state x number of 2 seater =54 and number of 4 seater 36

is that fine because it is already in question what x and y means?
Reply 76
Me!

I then realized it might be because they don't want to mix O with 0?

Yeah and a lot of the time then don't include I because they don't want to mix it with 1, so I almost missed I out - Edexcel just like to mess with us!

Also when the first fit and first fit decreasing both gave the same number of bins which was the same as the lower bound - that threw me off, I was convinced I'd gone wrong somewhere! So glad it's over though, was a much nicer paper than Jan 13 :smile:
for 7(c), as I saw that was 2 marks for 2 points making, so i only stated the effects on each activity of the 2-day delay, i didn't explain, am i wrong then? :frown:
Reply 78
Grade boundaries ideas?
Reply 79
Original post by Arsey

For linear part b)

Do you think this statement is fine? :frown:

2 times the number of 2 seater boats cannot exceed 3 times the number of 4 seater boats

Edit: nevermind, i'm wrong

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending