The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Original post by ocelot92
I know mate same - loads of people didnt finish? do you think i would get ecf marks? :confused:

ecf marks??

Plus Ive always been ableto finish a Stats paper, ALWAYS urgh I swear, if I have to retake this next year Im going to be livid
Reply 181
Original post by Hare-Krishna
it said give as %, think arsey's sol'ns don't have % but should.

Yes, it really ought to be given as a % (read the question :rolleyes:)

I very much doubt it will matter

0.027 is equivalent to 2.7%
Reply 182
Original post by joereed
ok it seems wrong now, worked it out again, but it still seems like a correct method to me

So do you recon we will get maybe 2/4 or 3/4? I'm not sure how many we would drop :/ I can't remember if I got 4.45 as it's a bit blurry now
Reply 183
Original post by Arsey
of course you will, it is wrong. You might as well have said will me putting down potato lose me marks... wrong too. :wink:

Alright thanks :biggrin:

No point stressing now, the exams over, can't change anything. The best anyone can do to improve the overall maths grade is do well in C2 next week, or whatever everyone else has.
Reply 184
Original post by Hare-Krishna
Last 5 papers 60 and 61s. You're probably right. But I was mainly talking about the 90 ums boundary they have gone up

Ohhh I don't care about the 90 boundary, I'm an A2 student, so I'm more concerned about the 90 UMS in C3 and C4 :smile:
Reply 185
Original post by Arsey
Yes, it really ought to be given as a % (read the question :rolleyes:)

I very much doubt it will matter

0.027 is equivalent to 2.7%

do you reckon a mark would be lost if not put in percentage form?
Reply 186
Original post by `God
do you reckon a mark would be lost if not put in percentage form?

In theory, yes. In reality, it's the same thing so I wouldn't be surprised if they put "either form accepted" in the mark scheme.
Reply 187
Original post by Titus20
For venn diagram i got correct shape and intersctions but didn't put values in other part of circle. also miscalculated sum of midpoints so got that completely wrong. PLEASE TELL ME HOW MANY MARKS LOST. ARSEY???

I very much doubt it matters.
Reply 188
Original post by Abbseh
If I have Q6b as 2.74% rather than 0.0274 will I get the marks?

You'll be totally fine!
Probability is measured in both formats, so it should get you the mark(s)!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 189
Original post by Arsey

why's that? thank you
Reply 190
Hy!!!!!!!!!! Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The file doesnt open 4 me!!!!!!
Reply 191
Original post by Abbseh
So do you recon we will get maybe 2/4 or 3/4? I'm not sure how many we would drop :/ I can't remember if I got 4.45 as it's a bit blurry now

1 mark for standardising, 1 mark for something else worthy of credit - most likely 2/4
Original post by lou_100
Ohhh I don't care about the 90 boundary, I'm an A2 student, so I'm more concerned about the 90 UMS in C3 and C4 :smile:

I am doing further maths so I got c3/ c4 June. I find it's a bit pointless how you could fail s1 and m1 as in 50 ums and still get an a star.
Reply 193
Original post by Titus20
why's that? thank you

If you were on about putting in zero in the empty regions, then I doubt that matters. If you meant something else then I didn't read it properly.
Original post by Abbseh
It's alright, I normally skip all the writing and just pick out the numbers :smile:

Yeah, i tend to go straight to actual questions and only read context when asked about it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Arsey

Arsey for 4e why are there two different skews? And does it matter which one?
Reply 196
no idea about %, depends on the MS. I doubt it though.
I made a mistake and only got one outliers. Would I still get 3 marks for my box plot
Original post by Arsey

Hi :smile:

For the Venn Diagram question, I did something like this:

Spoiler

Except with the data in, of course and letters for the labels. How does that look? :smile:
Sometimes they've had both acceptable so long as you can justify it.

Latest

Trending

Trending