The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 200
Arsey, do you think that the venn diagram would be a 'bloodbath'? A few people in my school had trouble with it, and it was very different to the usual type.
Original post by usycool1
Hi :smile:

For the Venn Diagram question, I did something like this:

Spoiler

Except with the data in, of course and letters for the labels. How does that look? :smile:

Majn problem sets are shown as circles but you've done triangle/trapeziums.
Original post by Hare-Krishna

I really don't think the shape is much of an issue

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Hare-Krishna

There was a paper back in 2002 or something where they had something like that in the markscheme (it was a similar question) and our teacher showed us this one too.

Just want confirmation from Arsey though if it's right or not. :smile:
Reply 204
For 1e, would saying because the points lie close to a straight line be okay? haha
Original post by OllieGCSEs
I really don't think the shape is much of an issue

Posted from TSR Mobile

Maybe. Good thing though is that you don't have a section of bus only.
Reply 206
Worst exam I have ever taken. Really hoping I scraped an A, and I agree about timings, had no time to check and just ended up rushing!
Few questions about where I lost marks, if anyone would be kind enough to answer them :smile: :
3d) - Venn diagram: I drew this out the right way two times. Guess what? I rubbed them both out. Not just faintly either, proper hard like an idiot. Just hoping on them having powerful scanners or something :crossedf:

5e) - F(y) probability distribution: I drew out the table right, but I think I wrote 0.4 instead of 0.2 for the 5 value. How many marks would I lose for this?

6c) - Last normal distribution question - I did what a few people were saying before: I wrote:
P(X<210)-P(X<200) = 0.98
P(z<5/sigma)-P(z<-5/sigma)=0.98
then I converted 0.98 into its z value, so:
5/sigma - -5/sigma = 2.06
5/sigma + 5/sigma = 2.06
5+5=2.06sigma=10
so sigma = 10/2.06=4.85 something.
I still can't see where I went wrong with this one, and how many marks would i get for it?
Reply 207
Original post by Boy_wonder_95
Arsey for 4e why are there two different skews? And does it matter which one?

it doesn't matter, any skew means that you shouldn't use the mean.

I just looked at the fact the data was clustered at the start, hence positive.

mean < median, which also indicates negative skew.

:s-smilie:

I will have a think about it tomorrow. it is a bit weird.
Reply 208
for question 1b) i just put that the points lie close to a straight line. Will I get the mark?
Reply 209
Original post by usycool1
Hi :smile:

For the Venn Diagram question, I did something like this:

Spoiler

Except with the data in, of course and letters for the labels. How does that look? :smile:

yeah should be, if you look at my model answers that is how I normally do them.
Reply 210
Original post by Xx4L3x
for question 1b) i just put that the points lie close to a straight line. Will I get the mark?

hmmm not sure, I know what you mean but you might need more than that... if plotted the...
Reply 211
Original post by Tit
Worst exam I have ever taken. Really hoping I scraped an A, and I agree about timings, had no time to check and just ended up rushing!
Few questions about where I lost marks, if anyone would be kind enough to answer them :smile: :
3d) - Venn diagram: I drew this out the right way two times. Guess what? I rubbed them both out. Not just faintly either, proper hard like an idiot. Just hoping on them having powerful scanners or something :crossedf:

5e) - F(y) probability distribution: I drew out the table right, but I think I wrote 0.4 instead of 0.2 for the 5 value. How many marks would I lose for this?

6c) - Last normal distribution question - I did what a few people were saying before: I wrote:
P(X<210)-P(X<200) = 0.98
P(z<5/sigma)-P(z<-5/sigma)=0.98
then I converted 0.98 into its z value, so:
5/sigma - -5/sigma = 2.06
5/sigma + 5/sigma = 2.06
5+5=2.06sigma=10
so sigma = 10/2.06=4.85 something.
I still can't see where I went wrong with this one, and how many marks would i get for it?

ND seems right up until you take away the P(Z.... P(Z<-5/sigma) = 1 - P(Z<5/sigma) I think.
Original post by Arsey
yeah should be, if you look at my model answers that is how I normally do them.

Awesome, thanks! :smile:
For the probsbility distribution, would you loose a mark for not puttin a border around your table?

Posted from TSR Mobile
For the normal distribution part B I didn't write it as a percentage :'''(
Reply 215
Original post by Arsey
hmmm not sure, I know what you mean but you might need more than that... if plotted the...

Because in the June 2012 markscheme and June 2010, there has been the same question and they have accepted that points lie cloes to a straight line. But this question did say WITH REFERENCE TO YOU ANSWER so maybe not :frown:
Reply 216
complain to the edexcel website !!
Reply 217
Arsey if for question 2 i have calculated the upper quartile incorrectly i.e i rounded down instead of up with the decimal 23.25 i said it was 23 rather than 24. would i loose marks for the box plot aswell or how many marks do you think i would loose all together.
Reply 218
yo would I lose all 7 marks for th

e regression eqn question all because I used.stt? would I get ecf marks?
Reply 219
Original post by ocelot92
yo would I lose all 7 marks for th

e regression eqn question all because I used.stt? would I get ecf marks?

not all 7 marks, probably 5

Latest

Trending

Trending