The Student Room Group

Economics Unit 2 prediction for 17th may 2013 :)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 280
People who did AQA- there's several AQA threads if you scroll down! :biggrin:
Reply 281
Original post by pessimist
What application did you write?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I didnt mention anything about fiscal or monetary policy... I only wrote that unemployment is decreasing, eco growth is rising and BOP condition is better as well as inflation is rising but generally the economy is recovering boosting consumer confidence etc...
Did most people struggle with this exam a little? Seemed like a harder paper overall compared to some past ones, any idea what the grade boundaries might be?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 283
What happens if you're required to write 'two' points but you write more? Would they select the best two or would they just mark the first two and ignore the rest?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 284
Reply 285
Original post by shabba-ranks
Did most people struggle with this exam a little? Seemed like a harder paper overall compared to some past ones, any idea what the grade boundaries might be?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I hope about 60 for an A but in reality about 62 for an A and 69/70 for 90 UMS

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ljh950912
What happens if you're required to write 'two' points but you write more? Would they select the best two or would they just mark the first two and ignore the rest?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think they select your first two stated.
Reply 287
Original post by DjamesH94
I think they select your first two stated.

I thought that it was positive marking. In other words they seek to give you marks. So, shouldn't they be reading everything and select the best two?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 288
did anyone do question 1? If so, what did you get for the calculating index question? (The first one) please reply! Thanks :smile:
Hi all, did anyone do Question 1 in the paper about the oil prices,im worried because i only seemed to use extract 1, i didnt see extract 2 on the back page. Were you required to use extract 2 did any qns ask to use it?
Original post by xstarsx67
did anyone do question 1? If so, what did you get for the calculating index question? (The first one) please reply! Thanks :smile:

Yup 278
Reply 291
Original post by Brandon_RNS
Hi all, did anyone do Question 1 in the paper about the oil prices,im worried because i only seemed to use extract 1, i didnt see extract 2 on the back page. Were you required to use extract 2 did any qns ask to use it?

It was related to the 30 marker. I guess you didn't have to use it but you could have found it easier to write about cooperation tax if you read it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
It was related to the 30 marker. I guess you didn't have to use it but you could have found it easier to write about cooperation tax if you read it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Did you quote the data from extract 2 in the 30? I hope i will not loose marks in that how many marks do you think it was probably worth i remember it being a very small extract and was there a figure 2? Sorry my memory is really bad
Reply 293
For those that did question 2, what did you write on the question about inflation being under 2%?
Reply 294
And what did people write on the question about the reasons for CPI changing?
I thought that it was positive marking. In other words they seek to give you marks. So, shouldn't they be reading everything and select the best two?

Posted from TSR Mobile

So apparently, I've been told they do select your best 2 points, and score you on them.However, you're silly to do more than 2 points, and you're just wasting time that could be spent doing other questions if you do. If they ask for 2 points, just do 2 points. Simple. :smile:
Reply 296
I got 277.75 for the index number as i did it a different way, will i still get the marks?
Reply 297
Original post by DjamesH94
So apparently, I've been told they do select your best 2 points, and score you on them.However, you're silly to do more than 2 points, and you're just wasting time that could be spent doing other questions if you do. If they ask for 2 points, just do 2 points. Simple. :smile:

But! I finished all my answers and had some extra time so I went back to the questions I answered weakly and added one or two points additionally. :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 298
You know if you got the answer to the index one wrong? (Like I put 177 instead of 277) don't ask me how I'm just really stupid :frown: would you still get like maybe 1 or 2 marks? Cos it was a 6 mark question, so surely they should credit something even if it was wrong? Or no?
Reply 299
Original post by sh7171
And what did people write on the question about the reasons for CPI changing?

Wait? Is this the first part of Q2!? It asked to explain the process of CPI calculation didn't it??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending