The Student Room Group

Economics Unit 2 prediction for 17th may 2013 :)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by harveyw96
I got 277.75 for the index number as i did it a different way, will i still get the marks?

I rounded it up
Reply 301
Original post by jamiee207
Wait? Is this the first part of Q2!? It asked to explain the process of CPI calculation didn't it??

Yeah that was the first question but then the second one asked something about why CPI had changed didn't it?
Reply 302
Question 1
2 costs of a budget deficit on UK econmy
Rise in oil prices affect the economy
fall in value of sterling's exchange rate on balance of payments

CAN YOU TELL ME WHAT YOU WROTE?
Original post by S.ahmed
Question 1
2 costs of a budget deficit on UK econmy
Rise in oil prices affect the economy
fall in value of sterling's exchange rate on balance of payments

CAN YOU TELL ME WHAT YOU WROTE?

Deficit means money leaving country and could lead to credit crunch

rise in oil leades to up in cost of production cost pish inflation

fall in sterling ups exports downs imports and then evaluation was that imports rode because they could not be replaced
Reply 304
What'd you guys think the grade boundaries will be like? I'm pretty sure I already lost 10+ marks :'(
Reply 305
Original post by jamiee207
Wait? Is this the first part of Q2!? It asked to explain the process of CPI calculation didn't it??

What did you write about inflation being under 2%?
Original post by xstarsx67
What'd you guys think the grade boundaries will be like? I'm pretty sure I already lost 10+ marks :'(

Fairly high most people did qns 2 which was easier in my opinion. Just the way the questions were worded made me do question 1
Reply 307
Original post by Brandon_RNS
Fairly high most people did qns 2 which was easier in my opinion. Just the way the questions were worded made me do question 1

Im pretty sure some people could muck up the 30 marker tho. It clearly wasn't an easy 30 marker

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ljh950912
Im pretty sure some people could muck up the 30 marker tho. It clearly wasn't an easy 30 marker

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes the boundaries will not be that high, people doing question 1 may get a bonus in ums since alot of people struggled on it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 309
Original post by shabba-ranks
Yes the boundaries will not be that high, people doing question 1 may get a bonus in ums since alot of people struggled on it

Posted from TSR Mobile

Really? Can that actually happen? Like people can get bonus ums?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ljh950912

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wasnt it something like evaluate the effect of a reduction in the fiscal deficit on the macro economic objectives?

well first ad/as for your 4 marks
state all 3 objectives for 3 or 6 i cant remenber a past mark scheme with similar question
and bascially talk about confidence levels down investment down consumption, imports will fall which will improve the balance o payments

trust me it was a nice question
Was it only me that didnt use extract 2 in the whole exam?
Reply 312
For the oil price question could you draw an ad/as diagram with the Ad curve shifted left? I put this because the increased price will reduce consumer confidence, therefore reduced consumption and investment (due to accelorator effect) is this correct?
Really? Can that actually happen? Like people can get bonus ums?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah it happens across all subjects. If the exam board see that way more people have been successful on question 2, they will either mark more stiffly there and/or the value of raw marks coverted to ums in question 1 will be increased. Basically they will mark more leniently. They have to do this so that they get a spread of grades.

So don't give up hope people that answered q1!

Posted from TSR Mobile
You know if you got the answer to the index one wrong? (Like I put 177 instead of 277) don't ask me how I'm just really stupid :frown: would you still get like maybe 1 or 2 marks? Cos it was a 6 mark question, so surely they should credit something even if it was wrong? Or no?

I got that too. :frown: I defined base year at the beginning and maybe we'll get marks for the correct values for Jan 2005 and March 2012. Here's hoping!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by Thriveti
For the oil price question could you draw an ad/as diagram with the Ad curve shifted left? I put this because the increased price will reduce consumer confidence, therefore reduced consumption and investment (due to accelorator effect) is this correct?

Oil prices dont affect ad it affects as. Brent crude oil is not bought by consumners but by business it is a cost of production if this increase it will reduce the supply
Original post by Thriveti

I shifted the AS curve inwards for that question

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 317
Original post by Brandon_RNS
Wasnt it something like evaluate the effect of a reduction in the fiscal deficit on the macro economic objectives?

well first ad/as for your 4 marks
state all 3 objectives for 3 or 6 i cant remenber a past mark scheme with similar question
and bascially talk about confidence levels down investment down consumption, imports will fall which will improve the balance o payments

trust me it was a nice question

What did you put for inflation being under 2%? And then for the second question I think it was, about why CPI had changed?
I'm praying my unit one will make up for lost marks in this one. :frown:

I did question 1, the 30 marker was easier. Some of the questions in the second one looked horrible.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 319
Oil is derived demand for fuel and stuff. Would I get any marks?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending