The Student Room Group

Economics Unit 2 prediction for 17th may 2013 :)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Heypopsicle
How did you get 278? i got 178!

I thought you take the difference (80) over the original (45) then multiply by 100?

Didnt the number change by 178%? It more than doubled i think. So i just added 100 to 178. You got 178!that means the number increased by 78% i could have sworn it more than doubled
(edited 10 years ago)
Did it ask in the question 1 30 marker for policy conflicts? I thought it was just 'suggest supply side policies....incl. corporation tax in your answer....to increase economic growth?
Original post by georgen123
Did it ask in the question 1 30 marker for policy conflicts? I thought it was just 'suggest supply side policies....incl. corporation tax in your answer....to increase economic growth?

I didnt say **** about conficts man, it werent in the question the only way i could see you using the conflicts is in evaluation but the purpose of the question was not to list the conflicts
How many raw marks do you guys think it will be for 85 UMS?
Original post by sh7171
What did people put for question 2 on the first question asking how to calculate CPI? Not sure if I got all the marks
i put about the basket of goods, monthly price survey, annual family expenditure survey and weightings
What did people put for the question about assessing how a decrease in real income will lead to a decrease in uk living standards?
Reply 346
Original post by Brandon_RNS
I didnt say **** about conficts man, it werent in the question the only way i could see you using the conflicts is in evaluation but the purpose of the question was not to list the conflicts

Yeah i used that as my eval point. As the government has less tax revenue>more budget deficit>national debt>so this could affect that future growth as the government has to repay the debt

Posted from TSR Mobile

Phew i just put different supply side policies and evaluated but it just seemed too easy!
Original post by ljh950912
Yeah i used that as my eval point. As the government has less tax revenue>more budget deficit>national debt>so this could affect that future growth as the government has to repay the debt

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah same except i stopped at more budget deficit haha but ibwrote about 4 supply side policies so hopefully that makes up for it
Original post by georgen123
Phew i just put different supply side policies and evaluated but it just seemed too easy!

Trust me hahaa, thats exactly why i added a introduction and 4 main points with 2 evaluation points each
Reply 350
Yeah same except i stopped at more budget deficit haha but ibwrote about 4 supply side policies so hopefully that makes up for it

Yeah same :wink: i said cooperation tax, reduction in tariff, education and cutting national minimum wage

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ljh950912
Yeah same :wink: i said cooperation tax, reduction in tariff, education and cutting national minimum wage

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha yeah same four points as me except the tariff one (what i dont know what the f is) i wrote about a reduction in trade unions
If you only wrote about 3 policies (in quite a lot of of detail) for the 30 marker would you be okay? I wrote about a reduction in corporation tax, investment in education and training and incentives (such as lower income tax and benefits). Would that be enough?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 353
Haha yeah same four points as me except the tariff one (what i dont know what the f is) i wrote about a reduction in trade unions

Its basically tax on imports

Posted from TSR Mobile
Also should you draw a diagram for the 30 marker? I did but everyone I talked to after didn't so was it just a waste of time?

Reply 355
Original post by Soufflegirl
Also should you draw a diagram for the 30 marker? I did but everyone I talked to after didn't so was it just a waste of time?

In the intro a diagram is worth 4 marks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Soufflegirl
If you only wrote about 3 policies (in quite a lot of of detail) for the 30 marker would you be okay? I wrote about a reduction in corporation tax, investment in education and training and incentives (such as lower income tax and benefits). Would that be enough?

thats fine 3 points is what your supposed to do. I finished with 30 mins left so felt i might aswell go on
Anyone else do question 2? If so, what application did you use in the 30 marker? I said that reducing the deficit would improve Environment (less investment, so less negative externalities), Improves price stability(rise in income tax would cut consumption, so less demand pull inflation) and lowers unemployment ( less govt expenditure on benefits which makes getting a job more attractive).

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 358
thats fine 3 points is what your supposed to do. I finished with 30 mins left so felt i might aswell go on

Yo, what did you say about how a change in the world economy affect the price of oil?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 359
I hope everyone does delightfully well in this exam!!!
Good luck everyone for results day! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending