The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Freddy-Francis
yeah :tongue: thats what i put :biggrin:

Oh right, I must have read something else then :tongue:

But if I'm honest, it doesn't look like there are any extreme values in that daa set, so I don't think you'd have got the mark for mentioning anything to do extreme values/outliers and such
Original post by mynameisntbobk
Oh right, I must have read something else then :tongue:

But if I'm honest, it doesn't look like there are any extreme values in that daa set, so I don't think you'd have got the mark for mentioning anything to do extreme values/outliers and such

ok.
Reply 342
For the whole 'skewness' debate, im guessing they want you to say that the data is skewed therefore you cant use SD or the mean. I think you'll get the mark for that
Hey guys any predictions for grade boundries and also who found the paper easy and who found it hard
well I personally found it hard buy jus wanna no wat u guys thought about it :smile:
Reply 344
Could anyone tell me what 90 ums would approximately be? Or what 68/69 out of 75 would be?
If I got like 90 ums in c1 and c2 then 60 ums in s1 would I still get an A?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 346
Original post by alexandraa
If I got like 90 ums in c1 and c2 then 60 ums in s1 would I still get an A? Posted from TSR Mobile
Well if u got those exactly then yes because an a is usually 240 ums
Original post by HKhan12

Ok phew! Going to have to resit s1...

Posted from TSR Mobile
If I got like 90 ums in c1 and c2 then 60 ums in s1 would I still get an A?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes, an A on the nose

Original post by HKhan12

An A is always 240 ums... not usually!
(edited 10 years ago)
Yes, an A on the nose

An A is always 240 ums, not usually!

Thanks :smile: not sure what my ums are though obviously, just getting a rough estimate! Can't believe how badly s1 went! Was it just me or did other people run out of time??

Posted from TSR Mobile
I drew the ugliest Venn diagram known to A-Level maths.
Reply 351
For the Venn diagram I did 0.005
0.08 and 0.375 or something along those lines in the intersections!! i got part E correct but i did the whole vendiagram in decimals Are these correct?? My Venn diagram adds up to 1 omg not 200 but the probabilities are right cos I just checked. Do I lose all the marks

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Thanks :smile: not sure what my ums are though obviously, just getting a rough estimate! Can't believe how badly s1 went! Was it just me or did other people run out of time??

Posted from TSR Mobile

Its fair enough :smile: hopefully C2 goes well!

And yeah, I was definitely pushed for time as well, I literally just finished on the mark, whiich meant I didn't have time to check my work
Reply 353
Original post by Matamaticas
I drew the ugliest Venn diagram known to A-Level maths.

I don't care what people say, it was a tough Venn diagram!
Reply 354
What is 100 ums, 90 ums or 80 ums approx please?
Reply 355
For 3e) I multiplied them, not added them, would I get a mark?
Reply 356
First of all i would like to say Thank You to Arsey for taking a min of his time to post this. I screwed up on the venn digram and then lost 10 marks on Q5 because i didnt solve simoltaneuosly cuz that P(X=x)=1 didnt come into my mind at all. kicking myself because of that. overall should get 52 marks. its gonna be a tough one depending on grade boundries gonna be either a B or a C..... gonna have to retake again next year. really wanted to get it out of the way as i really dont like stats at all.. Thanks again and thank you all for taking your time to read my post
Reply 357
Original post by Db118
What is 100 ums, 90 ums or 80 ums approx please?
I reckon that 61 for an a.
Reply 358
what happens if I achieve 80 ums in c1 and 90 ums in c2 but fail s1?
Its fair enough :smile: hopefully C2 goes well!

And yeah, I was definitely pushed for time as well, I literally just finished on the mark, whiich meant I didn't have time to check my work

Yeah hope so :smile: haha I attempted the first part of the last question but I've got it wrong anyway, I wrote down random formulas for the other parts cos I just knew I wouldn't have time to do them! Yeah I mean bar a few silly mistakes, I've pretty much got the bits I did right except for a couple of the wordy questions but then the mark scheme is always pretty vague for those. It seems awful cos I put in a lot of effort for s1 cos I always found it hard, i didn't even get chance to attempt the last 2 questions, oh well I guess everyone was in the same boat :frown:

If only I could turn back time! Just got to put it behind me and focus on my other exams now I guess, and hopefully I should get around 70 ums for 56 marks(ish)!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending