The Student Room Group

Mr M's OCR (not OCR MEI) Core 2 Answers May 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 260
Original post by Mr M
2) yes in some cases e.g. question 1 you will lose marks

The question paper says "Give non-exact numerical answers correct to 3 significant figures unless a different degree of accuracy is specified in the question or is clearly appropriate". They don't mind if you are more accurate than this.

9 part 2) drop 1

area) you *might* get a mark

Thanks a lot, so just to clarify, I got full marks on question 2? AND finally for the 5 mark log question i made the two exponentials equal to each other and logged them, would I gain a mark?
Sorry to be a pain,
Many thanks
Original post by TSR29
Thanks a lot, so just to clarify, I got full marks on question 2? AND finally for the 5 mark log question i made the two exponentials equal to each other and logged them, would I gain a mark?
Sorry to be a pain,
Many thanks

I don't know why I numbered that 2 but 1 d.p. would have been fine on question 2. Use 3 s.f. in the future.

and finally - yes 1 mark
Reply 262
Original post by Mr M
I don't know why I numbered that 2 but 1 d.p. would have been fine on question 2. Use 3 s.f. in the future.

and finally - yes 1 mark

OK thanks a lot for your help :smile:
So part 4)b)part 1) I got -6x^-4 + c and then used this answer for part 2. Assuming my working out for the second part was correct how many marks would I lose?

For 7 part 2 I found the tangent intergrated the two curves, put the values in and got 1.9. How many marks would I lose?
Original post by dangermouse123
So part 4)b)part 1) I got -6x^-4 + c and then used this answer for part 2. Assuming my working out for the second part was correct how many marks would I lose?

For 7 part 2 I found the tangent intergrated the two curves, put the values in and got 1.9. How many marks would I lose?

Gain no parts on 7ii) and 2 marks on 7iii) I expect

7ii) I don't think that is worth anything - 1 mark at most.
Thanks mr m :smile:
Reply 266
Grade boundaries? Any guesses?
For the 6 marker log question I did show my working until I got N was 17 but I was over thinking and carried on from this and wrote some rubbish underneath it involving the number 1800 and a wrote N was 2.6 or something as well. So I wrote the correct solution and the wrong one. I'm guessing marks would be deducted. How many marks you think I got /6 with the information provided above?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 268
I did that as well becuasei thought you had to use the 1800 so i used sum to inifnity
For 6(i) I made a very stupid mistake and put the amount at the 30th instance that would be used, rather than the sum of 30 instances.

I put down a and d, however. Would that net me a mark?
Original post by The_Blade
For the 6 marker log question I did show my working until I got N was 17 but I was over thinking and carried on from this and wrote some rubbish underneath it involving the number 1800 and a wrote N was 2.6 or something as well. So I wrote the correct solution and the wrong one. I'm guessing marks would be deducted. How many marks you think I got /6 with the information provided above?

Posted from TSR Mobile

You might only lose 1 mark if you are lucky.
Original post by Expert #7451
For 6(i) I made a very stupid mistake and put the amount at the 30th instance that would be used, rather than the sum of 30 instances.

I put down a and d, however. Would that net me a mark?

yes 1 mark
Reply 272
Hi, how many marks would i lose if i didnt put +k when intergrating?
And also how many would i drop if i left my answer as 17.2 instead of 17?
Thanks
Original post by aran0909
Hi, how many marks would i lose if i didnt put +k when intergrating?
And also how many would i drop if i left my answer as 17.2 instead of 17?
Thanks

drop 1 and drop 1
Reply 274
Original post by Mr M
drop 1 and drop 1

would i drop one on each question where i didnt put +k?
also for 4ii) how many marks would i drop if i put -2?
Thanks
Reply 275
For the last question, i wrote an extra solution of 2pi, would i lose a mark? How many marks would i lose for doing the correct working but using the wrong value of x in question 7? (the area between curve and tangent)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by aran0909
would i drop one on each question where i didnt put +k?
also for 4ii) how many marks would i drop if i put -2?
Thanks

Probably just lose 1 mark in total for missing + k

Drop 1 mark for -2
Original post by roar96
For the last question, i wrote an extra solution of 2pi, would i lose a mark? How many marks would i lose for doing the correct working but using the wrong value of x in question 7? (the area between curve and tangent)

Posted from TSR Mobile

drop 1 for the extra solution

what do you mean by "using the wrong value of x"?
Reply 278
I did not calculate x, i used the value from the graph... Not sure if it was question 7... The one with the area between curve and tangent :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by roar96
I did not calculate x, i used the value from the graph... Not sure if it was question 7... The one with the area between curve and tangent :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't actually know what you are talking about. 7 was a y value and this was used in the solution.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending