The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 360
Original post by HKhan12
I reckon that 61 for an a.

Thanks! what would about 68 out 75 give me you reckon, just need as many marks as possible before I tackle c3 and c4.
Reply 361
Original post by alextopz
what happens if I achieve 80 ums in c1 and 90 ums in c2 but fail s1?
Depends what u get. S far if u reckon u got 170 ums after c2 then u will need 70 ums in s1 to get an a.
Original post by SILHAM
Did anyone have problems with timing on this paper thought it was a major issue?

YES ! i only managed to get it done within 30 seconds of the time , and cos of this i was unable to check and find out that i'd not left the answers to 1a) in 3sf form :rolleyes:
Reply 363
Original post by Db118
Thanks! what would about 68 out 75 give me you reckon, just need as many marks as possible before I tackle c3 and c4.

According to Arsey's boundaries (not sure if entirely true) 68/75 is roughly bang on 90ums
So looking at around 70/75 !!! would that put me around the 95 UMS mark then ?
Reply 365
Original post by Db118
That's a good marks opefully around 90 ums give or take alone or two .
Same little mistakes as a few other people.

One major one though. For 1f I worked out the temperature at 1000m then the temperature at 500m and then found the difference. Obviously I now realise that I could have just done the 500*gradient. Would I lose the working out mark? (I still got 7.5 degrees C from this method though)
Reply 367
Original post by Fas
YES ! i only managed to get it done within 30 seconds of the time , and cos of this i was unable to check and find out that i'd not left the answers to 1a) in 3sf form :rolleyes:

Lol even worse for me I dropped 9 marks because I didn't do 2 marks from regression, 3marks from normal distribution 2marks from probability and 2 marks from DRV.
Reply 368
Thanks a lot for posting this, Arsey!!

Quick question about number 1: If I used 1490000 and -22400 instead of 1491222.22 and -22408.89 to work out the pmcc and the regression line, will I have lost any marks? My value for the pmcc was -0.952 and my value of b was also -0.015 which is what Arsey wrote, so I'm hoping no but could someone else give me their opinion? :s
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 369
Original post by Robbie242
According to Arsey's boundaries (not sure if entirely true) 68/75 is roughly bang on 90ums

Ill take that with a pinch of salt then. M1 didn't go as well as I hoped so c3 and c4 need to be nice to me. Need an A for uni
Reply 370
Original post by HKhan12
Depends what u get. S far if u reckon u got 170 ums after c2 then u will need 70 ums in s1 to get an a.

Tbh i think i will either get an E or a U in S1, the exam went really bad
Reply 371
Original post by Db118
Ill take that with a pinch of salt then. M1 didn't go as well as I hoped so c3 and c4 need to be nice to me. Need an A for uni

Same here about M1, S1 went quite bad due to timing. Did you do edexcel M1? I got 63/75 due to suvat and the lift question. The moments question took me ages though
Reply 372
Tbh i think i will either get an E or a U in S1, the exam went really bad
Have. A look at they listed mark scheme. If u got around 46 marks in s1 and just about 80 ums in c1 then work your ars off to get full ums in c2 then may b able to just about scrape the a
Lol even worse for me I dropped 9 marks because I didn't do 2 marks from regression, 3marks from normal distribution 2marks from probability and 2 marks from DRV.

ouch man , but there were loads of people in my school that were saying they didn't finish - half of these said they found the normal distribution solid and half told me they didn't even get onto the normal distribution lol

So your not the only one and it'll be less than 62 for an A :smile:
Reply 374
and will i be able to progress to A2 maths if I fail S1 but get A's in C1 and C2?
Does anyone know when the official mark scheme and official grade boundaries come out?

Ah, and do you guys C2 will be a nasty paper because c1 was fairly straight forward?
and will i be able to progress to A2 maths if I fail S1 but get A's in C1 and C2?

depends on your college really. but our college has a rule that if you get less than 40 or 50 in any module and you can't carry onto A2.
Reply 377
Same here about M1, S1 went quite bad due to timing. Did you do edexcel M1? I got 63/75 due to suvat and the lift question. The moments question took me ages though

Yeh edexcel. Made a mess of the lift question, a part of the motorbike one and I think the pulley one too, put a lot of work in too so was gutted. I guessed around 60/75 but not sure tbh. You wouldn't know approx raw marks needed to get 80 ums in c3 and c4?
Original post by brawlerpit
Does anyone know when the official mark scheme and official grade boundaries come out?

Ah, and do you guys C2 will be a nasty paper because c1 was fairly straight forward?

I have a feeling that C2 is going to be hard, not only because C1 was easy, but because the June 2012 paper was easy and so was Jan 2013. I'm pretty sure they aren't nice enough to give 3 easy papers in a row.
Original post by Fas
ouch man , but there were loads of people in my school that were saying they didn't finish - half of these said they found the normal distribution solid and half told me they didn't even get onto the normal distribution lol

So your not the only one and it'll be less than 62 for an A :smile:

That makes me feel so much better! I came out literally feeling horrified I'd left a whole question empty, and everyone was like "omg that was sooooo easy" hahaha

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending