The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
Original post by nukethemaly
depends on your college really. but our college has a rule that if you get less than 40 or 50 in any module and you can't carry onto A2.

Ahh alright then thanks! this will be a close one
Reply 381
Original post by Fas
ouch man , but there were loads of people in my school that were saying they didn't finish - half of these said they found the normal distribution solid and half told me they didn't even get onto the normal distribution lol

So your not the only one and it'll be less than 62 for an A :smile:

I see this may be good (grade boundaries wise) But I feel if its 62/75 for an A I would've just missed 90ums which is a shame, I struggled with normal dist part c) because I wasn't thinking straight and then hoped on a drew a 2minute venn diagram and then time was up, and all the questions I bunched up until the end were not attempted.

If it's 60/75 for an A I may be able to still get 90 so fingers crossed nationally it went bad. I think M1 boundaries will be lower but S1 boundaries will be standard
I reckon I got around 53/54 marks in this exam :frown:
What grade do you think that will be? a C or a B?
My school reckons it will be around 58-60/75 for an A

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by alexandraa
That makes me feel so much better! I came out literally feeling horrified I'd left a whole question empty, and everyone was like "omg that was sooooo easy" hahaha

Posted from TSR Mobile

hahaha don't worry about it , it definitely was NOT easy in the slightest , i had left Q3-5 completely blank at first cos i just didn't know what to do ! went back to them and got it in the end, but that was a nasty exam and im just really glad i don't have to do Statistics ever again haha :smile:
Original post by SavannaC
I reckon I got around 53/54 marks in this exam :frown:
What grade do you think that will be? a C or a B?

It will most likely be a B cos the B mark is around 52-54 :smile: don't worry, I got same as you!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 386
Original post by Db118
Yeh edexcel. Made a mess of the lift question, a part of the motorbike one and I think the pulley one too, put a lot of work in too so was gutted. I guessed around 60/75 but not sure tbh. You wouldn't know approx raw marks needed to get 80 ums in c3 and c4?

Yup I took the wrong components on the lift question and completely screwed up, and yeah the pulley and motorbike got me as well, I wrote 2Tcos45 so hopefully that's 2 marks

I can bring up Arsey's boundaries and say that.

C3: Average for 80ums is 61.8/75
C4: Average for 80ums is 59.8/75

but obviously the boundaries vary
Original post by Fas
hahaha don't worry about it , it definitely was NOT easy in the slightest , i had left Q3-5 completely blank at first cos i just didn't know what to do ! went back to them and got it in the end, but that was a nasty exam and im just really glad i don't have to do Statistics ever again haha :smile:

Hahaha! Yeah it was a really weird paper! The past papers were so much nicer.
I think I will end up resitting the paper to help boost my overall score

Posted from TSR Mobile
oh, and overall in AS, how many UMS do you need to get an A? is it 240?
Hahaha! Yeah it was a really weird paper! The past papers were so much nicer.
I think I will end up resitting the paper to help boost my overall score

Posted from TSR Mobile

yep pretty sure that was the first time we had to express four different events on a venn diagram ? also i don't remember having to work out the value of k in a cumulative distribution before , only a probability distribution ( although i could be wrong on that one )
It will most likely be a B cos the B mark is around 52-54 :smile: don't worry, I got same as you!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Pheww! Thanks, I think I'd probably cry if I see a C on my sheet on results day lol
I can't remember my values for the mean or SD but how many marks would you lose if they were both wrong but correct method?
Reply 392
oh, and overall in AS, how many UMS do you need to get an A? is it 240?

yes you need 80 ums in each paper so 240 ums.
Reply 393
Original post by Robbie242
Yup I took the wrong components on the lift question and completely screwed up, and yeah the pulley and motorbike got me as well, I wrote 2Tcos45 so hopefully that's 2 marks

I can bring up Arsey's boundaries and say that.

C3: Average for 80ums is 61.8/75
C4: Average for 80ums is 59.8/75

but obviously the boundaries vary

Hopefully the grade boundaries are kind then. I'd say ill need two 80's plus to get an A in case I've done worse than I thought.
Original post by Fas
yep pretty sure that was the first time we had to express four different events on a venn diagram ? also i don't remember having to work out the value of k in a cumulative distribution before , only a probability distribution ( although i could be wrong on that one )

Hahaha it was only just in the nick of time I remembered that the last value would equal one!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Pheww! Thanks, I think I'd probably cry if I see a C on my sheet on results day lol

Me too!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Boy_wonder_95
I can't remember my values for the mean or SD but how many marks would you lose if they were both wrong but correct method?

Probs like the final mark if your method was right but it was just a miscalculation

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Boy_wonder_95

if you did everything right uptill the final answer ( i dunno your calculator messed up ) then you should only lose an accuracy mark, maybe 2 . Im not an examiner though so don't take my word for it haha :smile:
Reply 398
Kicking myself over Q6 when I, like Arsey, put the z value but not the percentage! :frown: I'm guessing that is -A1
Also didn't put the 0 in the Venn diagram, though i must say, the total was 200 people, and all the values in the venn diagram added up to 200 so i don't know why you would have needed it - sample size was known? - Maybe another minus mark there.

Can't complain with 73/75 though! Chuffed!
For Question 6b, did anyone elseget 0.274 rather than 0.0274. First i got 0.0274, but i divided it by (P<200, i.E. 0.1) because the question stated 'GIVEN that 10% of the tins contained less than 200g, find (P.225G).. There was a similar Q in jan 2013 paper and to get full amrks, we had to divide the both probabilities. But no one else i know have done it, so do you have any idea how marks i might loose?

Latest

Trending

Trending