The Student Room Group

Driving Test on Friday moral support?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by lbsf1
Always look for pedestrian crossings with people waiting. I have my test tommorow and went over two when I shouldn't have done in my last lesson today. :s-smilie:

Oh when's your test? Good luck would be nice if we both passed :smile: :smile:
I have my test tomorow too!! So nervous! Good luck with your test.
Reply 22
Original post by Hannah1795
Oh when's your test? Good luck would be nice if we both passed :smile: :smile:

Mines at 1:35 at the Farnborough centre :s-smilie:. I've just been out with my dad doing an old test route (no independent driving) and it all went well, so its just down to the test now. I also saw a really good piece of advice on an old forum post here when I was searching for advice. Treat your test like you are a chauffeur, driving smoothly and carefully like you want to keep your passenger as comfortable as possible, that way you don't think of it like a test however still driver well and don't relax to much. :wink:

Gd luck for tommorow, it would be awesome if we both passed. :biggrin:

EDIT: Oh and good luck to Special Offer also.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 23
Seems like quite a few of us have our test tomorrow, will be thinking of you all too! Let's hope we'll have good news :biggrin:
Reply 24
Original post by lbsf1
Mines at 1:35 at the Farnborough centre :s-smilie:. I've just been out with my dad doing an old test route (no independent driving) and it all went well, so its just down to the test now. I also saw a really good piece of advice on an old forum post here when I was searching for advice. Treat your test like you are a chauffeur, driving smoothly and carefully like you want to keep your passenger as comfortable as possible, that way you don't think of it like a test however still driver well and don't relax to much. :wink:

Gd luck for tommorow, it would be awesome if we both passed. :biggrin:

EDIT: Oh and good luck to Special Offer also.

Mines 1.45 ahhhhh

good luck post here how you doo
Reply 25
Mines 1.45 ahhhhh

good luck post here how you doo

I passed :biggrin: :biggrin: (7 minors, 3 for observation at junctions where she said that I couldn't have possibly seen down the road, when I know fully well I could and did.)

I'm guessing you will get getting in pretty soon, the tension :wink:
Reply 26
I failed again :frown: Got taken on a really busy route with a massive dual carriageway and a huge roundabout that even my dad gets scared by. Instructor gave me really unclear and confusing instructions about 2 roads that both had the same name but went in different directions. So annoyed, if it wasn't for that I would have passed with only 5 minors!
I passed with 9 minors!! Mainly to undue hesitation. Well done to those who passed and sorry to hear about those who didnt.
Reply 28
Well done guys - my tests next wednesday so i might make one of these threads!
Original post by Special Offer
I passed with 9 minors!! Mainly to undue hesitation. Well done to those who passed and sorry to hear about those who didnt.

I bet a load is off your shoulders
:banana::banana::banana2::banana2:
Original post by emobambam
I bet a load is off your shoulders
:banana::banana::banana2::banana2:

It is!! One less thing to worry about! Just have to concentrate on A2s now ! :frown:
Reply 31
It is!! One less thing to worry about! Just have to concentrate on A2s now ! :frown:

I failed ****ing cocked up my 3 point turn one major and 1 minor :frown: gutted and can't book another test for 5 weeks! Hopefully I can get a cancelation :frown:
I failed ****ing cocked up my 3 point turn one major and 1 minor :frown: gutted and can't book another test for 5 weeks! Hopefully I can get a cancelation :frown:

So sorry to hear that you didnt pass! what went wrong with the 3 point turn?
Reply 33
So sorry to hear that you didnt pass! what went wrong with the 3 point turn?

Didnt look around enough, did it in 5 points when the road was wide enough for only 3, and stalled a few times because i knew id failed so my leg was shaking :frown: oh well fingers crossed for next time :rolleyes:
Reply 34
New test booked 3 weeks! still looking for a cancellation
Reply 35
I had my first driving test two weeks ago, I took Rescue Remedy before it and had an hour with my instructor before, it helped me relax and get used to the car. I failed - 4 minors and 1 major, my major was for lane discipline (boo) but I have my next one next Wednesday after hunting for 6 hours for a cancellation. You could say I'm VERY nervous as the first one really knocked my confidence. I'm gonna give it my best shot, that's the only advice that could help! Just go into it thinking that the examiner is taking over as your instructor is ill today :smile: you will be fine! Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 36
Original post by emmatays
I had my first driving test two weeks ago, I took Rescue Remedy before it and had an hour with my instructor before, it helped me relax and get used to the car. I failed - 4 minors and 1 major, my major was for lane discipline (boo) but I have my next one next Wednesday after hunting for 6 hours for a cancellation. You could say I'm VERY nervous as the first one really knocked my confidence. I'm gonna give it my best shot, that's the only advice that could help! Just go into it thinking that the examiner is taking over as your instructor is ill today :smile: you will be fine! Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good luck my 2nd one is on friday but the examiners might be striking :frown:(

im scared i fail second time because im too poor to not pass HAHA :colondollar:
Reply 37
Good luck my 2nd one is on friday but the examiners might be striking :frown:(

im scared i fail second time because im too poor to not pass HAHA :colondollar:

Tell me about it! I'm so glad I got a cancellation cos my original second test was in July! Anyway good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 38
Original post by emmatays
Tell me about it! I'm so glad I got a cancellation cos my original second test was in July! Anyway good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Whens your cancellation? :smile:
Reply 39
Whens your cancellation? :smile:

Its tomorrow at 12.38! :frown: :frown: I'm SO nervous, feel sick at the mo :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest