The Student Room Group
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website

Accommodation

Scroll to see replies

haha aww, theres a facebook group and i've found about 4 other people doing graphic design :smile:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/423368864420585/ - here it is if you want to have a nosey
i really love sheffield :biggrin: what course will you be doing?
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website
Reply 21
Original post by ashleighbash
haha aww, theres a facebook group and i've found about 4 other people doing graphic design :smile:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/423368864420585/ - here it is if you want to have a nosey
i really love sheffield :biggrin: what course will you be doing?

not sure if you meant to send this message to me but thank you, i'll have a look at it throughout the weekend :smile: . and what do u mean what course will I be doing ? :biggrin: graphic design :biggrin:
Oh yeah ignore me I was meant to say what accommodation have you applied for! Haha
Reply 23
Oh yeah ignore me I was meant to say what accommodation have you applied for! Haha

haha :biggrin: yeah I was confused :biggrin: Victoria Hall and Devonshire Courtyard :smile: what about you ? :smile:
Reply 24
If you apply for the accom through unite/opal etc then you're more likely to be in a room with internationals and third years I reckon from hat I've heard.

I've applied for opal 1 as first choice through SHU and personally I reckon ill be fine as ill be with first years and have my own room and bathroom. I knew I didn't want shared bathroom and to be with people other than first years purely for the freshers/first year atmosphere.

Yeah there will be international students around at any unite or opal as theyre the biggest student accoms in the uk. but You'll never speak to and get to know everyone in your accomodation anyway as most will have hundreds in them. :smile:

There's always people on your course and you'll generally meet others and be friends with people outside of your flat so don't worry :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 25
Original post by Emma-
If you apply for the accom through unite/opal etc then you're more likely to be in a room with internationals and third years I reckon from hat I've heard.

I've applied for opal 1 as first choice through SHU and personally I reckon ill be fine as ill be with first years and have my own room and bathroom. I knew I didn't want shared bathroom and to be with people other than first years purely for the freshers/first year atmosphere.

Yeah there will be international students around at any unite or opal as theyre the biggest student accoms in the uk. but You'll never speak to and get to know everyone in your accomodation anyway as most will have hundreds in them. :smile:

There's always people on your course and you'll generally meet others and be friends with people outside of your flat so don't worry :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you but I chose Victoria Hall and Devonshire Courtyard :smile: . but they didn't contact me yet.. so i'm still waiting. :smile: and what course will u be on ? :smile:
i've applied for central quay through unite and i got to choose who i was sharing with, i could see if they were first years and stuff :smile:
Reply 27
i've applied for central quay through unite and i got to choose who i was sharing with, i could see if they were first years and stuff :smile:

I didn't know nothing about unite so it was a bit too late coz i applied through the sheffield hallam website. I really hope I will be with first years students. now, i'm scared haha
Original post by Jula19
I didn't know nothing about unite so it was a bit too late coz i applied through the sheffield hallam website. I really hope I will be with first years students. now, i'm scared haha

I imagine you will be. I've done the same as you and apparently they usually house the international students all together with the 3rd year students with all the freshers in one area together.
Reply 29
Original post by slacking student
I imagine you will be. I've done the same as you and apparently they usually house the international students all together with the 3rd year students with all the freshers in one area together.

yeah I was talking to my friend and she said so as well, but I did apply quite late so I don't know. well I guess i can't do anything about it now, I just have to wait and I'll see :smile: thank you anyway :wink:
Reply 30
Original post by UNITE Student Accommodation
Hi Epiksha,

My name is Frankie, - I work for UNITE, I noticed your post and thought a response might be helpful.

If you are a first year student you can apply to live with UNITE via the university accommodation office, they will then allocate you your accommodation.

You can also book direct with UNITE, but it's best to choose to apply one way or the other and not book a room through both.

The best idea is to speak to the university accommodation office if you have any questions.

I hope this helps

Frankie

i did this at first, i applied for accomodation on the SHU website but then i realised i could just get a room straight away through Unite. So i phoned up SHU accomodation and cancelled my application :smile: think it depends which way you want to do it, witht unite you have to pay the deposit straight away

Thanks very much I actually talked to Unite a few days ago after a very awkward courtesy called and yesterday I called SHU to withdraw my application so I'm all sorted now :biggrin:
Reply 31
i did this at first, i applied for accomodation on the SHU website but then i realised i could just get a room straight away through Unite. So i phoned up SHU accomodation and cancelled my application :smile: think it depends which way you want to do it, witht unite you have to pay the deposit straight away

I think i'll do the same thing.. so shall I call sheffield hallam university and tell them i want to withdrawn my choices ?
yeah just phone them up :smile: have a look on the unite website first to see if theres any you'd want to share with
Reply 33
Original post by Jula19
Thank you but I chose Victoria Hall and Devonshire Courtyard :smile: . but they didn't contact me yet.. so i'm still waiting. :smile: and what course will u be on ? :smile:

Oh that's fine :smile:
We won't hear back from them until we get our results now I don't think.
I'm doing marketing and applied for opal 1 and Triagon for my accomodation :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 34
Original post by Emma-
Oh that's fine :smile:
We won't hear back from them until we get our results now I don't think.
I'm doing marketing and applied for opal 1 and Triagon for my accomodation :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

really !? wow ! so I won't hear back until august ? i didn't know ! thanks for letting me know though :smile:
Reply 35
I've lived at Norfolk Park student village (http://www.crm-students.com/crm-accommodation/sheffield/) for the past couple of years and I've really enjoyed that there. It's a little bit like when I was in halls in first year (liberty works), but there is a tad more freedom and you get a TV licence and wall mounted TV on the wall in the lounge. I've preferred living there and I wish I'd known about it when coming here as I'd have maybe just moved there.

It's the other side of the train station, not too far from city campus and bills are included in rent like they are in other halls.

I've really liked it here and it's made for a good university experience. It's going to be a shame to move out in July and to join the real world.

Hope that helps...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending